Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my old user account on here back in like '07. Shitposted on the private spinoff forum for years. That got abandoned and its domain expired. I'm stuck on the couch with staph infection and need somewhere to shitpost. What's up, boys?

giphy.gif

A gay bar was the only place that would host hard rock/punk/metal music in my college town for a few months. It was always interesting seeing the regular clientele mix with the people there for the bands.

Yeah, I used to go to a dance/techno night in Newcastle (in the UK) that was in a gay club. Back in 1996 I guess. At the time the city was rough as fuck, and clubs were full of drunk guys who wanted to fight. So it was the only place in town that you could reasonably do something like that. I had a lot of great nights there. The two cultures (gay men and clubbers) seemed to mix just fine. I think the gay men there new that there was a big straight crowd there and were fine with it.

Yeah, I used to go to a dance/techno night in Newcastle (in the UK) that was in a gay club. Back in 1996 I guess. At the time the city was rough as fuck, and clubs were full of drunk guys who wanted to fight. So it was the only place in town that you could reasonably do something like that. I had a lot of great nights there. The two cultures (gay men and clubbers) seemed to mix just fine. I think the gay men there new that there was a big straight crowd there and were fine with it.
There was something very special about clubbing in the mid 90's; a continuation of the rave/free-party scene I guess. IME most people were incredibly accepting/easy-going. There were similar stories to yours around the country at that time e.g. Trade (Turnmills, London) who's door policy was: "You don't have to be gay or a member to get in, but your attitude and look will count".
*I never went to Trade but I would have done without reservation; that's not necessarily true of all my friends I went raving/clubbing with though.

Had my old user account on here back in like '07. Shitposted on the private spinoff forum for years. That got abandoned and its domain expired. I'm stuck on the couch with staph infection and need somewhere to shitpost. What's up, boys?

It still exists, brah.

THE private spinoff forum?

Who are you?

Who are YOU?

Ayy lmao.

There was something very special about clubbing in the mid 90's; a continuation of the rave/free-party scene I guess. IME most people were incredibly accepting/easy-going. There were similar stories to yours around the country at that time e.g. Trade (Turnmills, London) who's door policy was: "You don't have to be gay or a member to get in, but your attitude and look will count".
*I never went to Trade but I would have done without reservation; that's not necessarily true of all my friends I went raving/clubbing with though.
I think I just caught GRIDS

I can't keep up with group chats on messenger- especially from way the fuck over on the other side of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back