Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if you think I really care about you and your accolades in steroid driven fitness.....
You cared enough to keep making erroneous statements. I cared enough to correct you. We cared minimally together. It’s all good bro.

Do we add this to the list of things only you can achieve?

Entertaining that you believe just because I find you and one other person to be a complete dumbass that you think I somehow believe I'm some magical amazing person. No, I just think you're an idiot.

Like when you said a 500lb deadlift was strong or how 250lbs isn't big.

Entertaining that you believe just because I find you and one other person to be a complete dumbass that you think I somehow believe I'm some magical amazing person.

No, it’s mostly your overall body of work.

Yes good, been an interesting year, started judo, got injured, set my already unimpressive lifts back even further, got made redundant.

You married now?

Got injured doing Judo? Yeah mate got married in the summer. Having a baby now, he’s late.. was due on Tuesday.

Got injured doing Judo? Yeah mate got married in the summer. Having a baby now, he’s late.. was due on Tuesday.
Mate, massive congrats and best of luck to you and the Mrs for the birth of Flash Jnr.

@TheeFaulted - Any general words of wisdom for someone new to the world of coffee roasting?

I'm going to add a heat gun to a breadmaker for my next batches. I did two small (4 oz) batches in a popcorn popper, but it's way too hot. They were both done in 3-4 minutes. First one was too light. The second one got to second crack, but doesn't look like full city+ to me. Would that make sense? Because it's too hot, it hit second crack earlier in its color development?

I haven't tried either one yet (roasted last night), but I'd assume they're way underdeveloped. There is very little expansion (especially in the lighter roast), and I think it was just way too fast. Besides that, roasting that fast leaves a very small window of time to judge the rapidly-changing color and stop the roasting process.

My lighter batch smells vegetal today. Probably won't be any good at all. Going to try though, just out of curiosity. Then I'll try re-roasting half of it just to see what happens. Any thoughts on that?

the corrective medical procedure would be to reach on in there and wake his ass up. You need to teach this little sprog that this lazy behavior will not be tolerated.

@TheeFaulted - Any general words of wisdom for someone new to the world of coffee roasting?

I'm going to add a heat gun to a breadmaker for my next batches. I did two small (4 oz) batches in a popcorn popper, but it's way too hot. They were both done in 3-4 minutes. First one was too light. The second one got to second crack, but doesn't look like full city+ to me. Would that make sense? Because it's too hot, it hit second crack earlier in its color development?

I haven't tried either one yet (roasted last night), but I'd assume they're way underdeveloped. There is very little expansion (especially in the lighter roast), and I think it was just way too fast. Besides that, roasting that fast leaves a very small window of time to judge the rapidly-changing color and stop the roasting process.

My lighter batch smells vegetal today. Probably won't be any good at all. Going to try though, just out of curiosity. Then I'll try re-roasting half of it just to see what happens. Any thoughts on that?
One of the best cheap ways to roast is to modify a popcorn popper. You can mod it so you can control heat and air/loft separately, and that makes all the difference. An air popper is always going to go a bit quicker than a drum type roaster though. Before I got a commercial roaster I roasted coffee with air poppers, heat gun/breadmaker, modified chicken rotisserie, whirley pop, Behmor, and even in a pan.

When I was roasting in a popcorn popper I did it all by sound and time. I would roast a batch and record the weight of the beans before and after roast, and I would record time of first crack and second crack. The next batch I would pull them about 30 seconds form second crack. I would work my way backwards like that trying to find the sweet spot for that particular bean.

In the last couple years I tripled the number of kids that I have. That was a pretty good accomplishment.

Dropped 30 lb, ran some mud races, gained 20 lb back.

Do you have three kids now? How old is the oldest?

One of the best cheap ways to roast is to modify a popcorn popper. You can mod it so you can control heat and air/loft separately, and that makes all the difference. An air popper is always going to go a bit quicker than a drum type roaster though. Before I got a commercial roaster I roasted coffee with air poppers, heat gun/breadmaker, modified chicken rotisserie, whirley pop, Behmor, and even in a pan.

When I was roasting in a popcorn popper I did it all by sound and time. I would roast a batch and record the weight of the beans before and after roast, and I would record time of first crack and second crack. The next batch I would pull them about 30 seconds form second crack. I would work my way backwards like that trying to find the sweet spot for that particular bean.
Of the ways of roasting you mentioned before going to a commercial roaster, which gave you the best results (not including the Behmor)? I was originally planning on using a Stir Crazy w/ a turbo oven lid, but can't find them used/cheap/free. I only used my popcorn popper because I already had it. I don't want to modify it because I use it for popcorn. I'd also like to do a little bigger batches than what they're capable of.

I'm going the breadmaker route now because it seems like people get good results, plus I sourced one for free.

I roast mine by tagging them in savage memes on Instagram.

Of the ways of roasting you mentioned before going to a commercial roaster, which gave you the best results (not including the Behmor)? I was originally planning on using a Stir Crazy w/ a turbo oven lid, but can't find them used/cheap/free. I only used my popcorn popper because I already had it. I don't want to modify it because I use it for popcorn. I'd also like to do a little bigger batches than what they're capable of.

I'm going the breadmaker route now because it seems like people get good results, plus I sourced one for free.
Before the Behmor, I got the best results with a popcorn popper. All the other methods have so many variables, and often end up impossible to reproduce consistent results.

There are a number of guys that build their own arduino controlled fluid bed roasters. Modified popcorn popper is probably the cheapest consistent option. I scour resale shops for popcorn poppers, you can often find them for around $5. The 80s Poppery or Poppery II are the best popper to start with. If you have a gas BBQ grill you can also look at an RK drum for big batches.

How's everybody doing plague-wise? I'll not be working next week, rugby practice and games are off, BJJ-gym is closed so I guess I'll be lifting or hitting my spin bike almost every day...

How's everybody doing plague-wise? I'll not be working next week, rugby practice and games are off, BJJ-gym is closed so I guess I'll be lifting or hitting my spin bike almost every day...

Well, I've always had a home gym so that's good. Got to see Killswitch engage before gatherings of people got banned and my bjj gym is still open, so life is still solid.

Well, I've always had a home gym so that's good. Got to see Killswitch engage before gatherings of people got banned and my bjj gym is still open, so life is still solid.
I will come by to bang the iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back