Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dried out for about a year and a half.

It didn't take.

but no drunk tanks since, so if it took a year and a half to learn a modicum of moderation, it was time well spent.

Rumors of my death have been (largely) exaggerated.

I do my grilled cheese in bacon fat / duck fat. Game changer.
I made a grilled cheese in duck fat on this recommendation and it was awesome. Not something I'll have too often as it's obviously not the healthiest but is defo a new benchmark.

I made a grilled cheese in duck fat on this recommendation and it was awesome. Not something I'll have too often as it's obviously not the healthiest but is defo a new benchmark.

Duck fat is a game changer for flavor profiles.

I stand by my statement: butter (or ghee for cooking) > duck fat or any other fat.

Maybe it's just different strokes for different folks, but anyone who disagrees is wrong.

In fairness I'm gonna track down some duckfat and triangle test some grilled cheese with my wife.... you know.... for science.

I stand by my statement: butter (or ghee for cooking) > duck fat or any other fat.

Maybe it's just different strokes for different folks, but anyone who disagrees is wrong.

In fairness I'm gonna track down some duckfat and triangle test some grilled cheese with my wife.... you know.... for science.
The bread of the duck fat grilled cheese was much more akin to "fried bread" @MilkManUK was referring to earlier. Flavour profile aside I don't think you can get the same the same texture with butter. That said, I've never tried making grilled cheese using ghee so I'm gonna do my own triangle test this side of the pond, in the interest of science...

The bread of the duck fat grilled cheese was much more akin to "fried bread" @MilkManUK was referring to earlier. Flavour profile aside I don't think you can get the same the same texture with butter. That said, I've never tried making grilled cheese using ghee so I'm gonna do my own triangle test this side of the pond, in the interest of science...

Ghee is great. I use different fats for different purposes. You can also use Mayo on the outside of the bread in a pinch when frying. Lots of restaurants do this as a standard for some reason, it comes out okay.

Ghee is great. I use different fats for different purposes. You can also use Mayo on the outside of the bread in a pinch when frying. Lots of restaurants do this as a standard for some reason, it comes out okay.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of ghee too, I've just never tried using it for grilled cheese.
I've tried mayo as I'd heard the same re restaurants; I prefer butter myself (and definitely duck fat).

Don’t yuck my yums, bro.

Absolutely. If you could subtract all the cult-bullshit most "boxes" would probably make good gyms filled with obnoxious people.

Whatd he do now?
He thought baptising the riots "Floyd-19" was a witty way to refer to Covid in a tweet.

The powerlifting world isn't immune either; the president of Metal Gear equipment posted a picture of George Floyd being arrested with the caption "Pink Floyd".

The jokes aren't funny to being with, and the timing is atrocious. Add the fact that those guys have a certain influence on their respective sports... I'm not sure which part is worse: them making the bad puns, or them not anticipating the backlash that would ensue.

He thought baptising the riots "Floyd-19" was a witty way to refer to Covid in a tweet.

The powerlifting world isn't immune either; the president of Metal Gear equipment posted a picture of George Floyd being arrested with the caption "Pink Floyd".

The jokes aren't funny to being with, and the timing is atrocious. Add the fact that those guys have a certain influence on their respective sports... I'm not sure which part is worse: them making the bad puns, or them not anticipating the backlash that would ensue.
Really if you're a public figure and have anything to lose, its best to bite your tongue in this situation. Nothing you say will make the situation better and you stand to lose everything if you say something stupid.

Glassman should sell that shit. Make bank. Retire and just drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back