Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Five Guys today, it was good.
We are still talking about burgers, right?

**looks around**

It’s awful cobwebby in here.

Five Guys is the only good American burger chain that made it to Germany, so yeah, it's decent. I also really like those Coca Cola Freestyle-machines they have and always fill myself up on diet Powerade when I'm there.

I like Five Guys but I prefer Smashburger personally - there are a few of both in the UK now (and one In-N-Out in London apparently, but I've only been to ones in the US).

*Edit - it looks like I maybe wrong about In-N-Out in London - they did a popup thing a few years ago but it was only temporary.

Five Guys is the only good American burger chain that made it to Germany, so yeah, it's decent. I also really like those Coca Cola Freestyle-machines they have and always fill myself up on diet Powerade when I'm there.
Vanilla-cherry-coke zero for me.

I'll have a pre-season game of rugby this Sunday, feels like it's been ages since the last time I got to play. Looking forward and I'm already planning the carb up before...

I like Five Guys but I prefer Smashburger personally - there are a few of both in the UK now (and one In-N-Out in London apparently, but I've only been to ones in the US).

*Edit - it looks like I maybe wrong about In-N-Out in London - they did a popup thing a few years ago but it was only temporary.

I've never heard of Smashburger before, but the name appeals. I'm guessing it's based around smashed beef patties?

Yep, spot on - the burgers start off as a ball of meat which they "smash" onto a hot grill/griddle. It makes for a great burger; it's a technique I now use at home too.

Yeah - had, and made, many smash patty cheeseburgers myself, it was just the chain I hadn't heard of. For a chain to do them well would be dope.

Yeah - had, and made, many smash patty cheeseburgers myself, it was just the chain I hadn't heard of. For a chain to do them well would be dope.
Yeah, they're really good. The buns, toppings, fries and sides are all top notch too. One of my wife's favourite things in the world is their fried pickles.

As far as cook em yourself at home burgers go, the Aberdeen Angus burgers from Costco are immense. Cook them on the BBQ, no shrinkage, beautiful. I'm doing some tomorrow.

As far as cook em yourself at home burgers go, the Aberdeen Angus burgers from Costco are immense. Cook them on the BBQ, no shrinkage, beautiful. I'm doing some tomorrow.

I have been doing my own burgers for some time now. Used to be salt, pepper, ketchup, bbq sauce, white sugar, little vinegar, garlic salt.

Now it’s brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, a1, panko,garlic powder. The Cajun seasoning is: paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and cayenne pepper.

When my brother cooks, it’s just straight beef on the grill.

Got a new grill this summer, so started cooking more and more on there, trying new things, more spices and herbs. Some things are better in a slow cooker, or on a skillet and some things are better on the grill. It has been fun.

Nice. I've had some decent meat from Costco, I've not tried the burgers though.
A BBQ tmrw is a great shout; I may well do the same.

What's everyone's go to-cereal? I'm currently "loading" on chocolate rice krispies and it's the easiest high carb day I ever had.

What's everyone's go to-cereal? I'm currently "loading" on chocolate rice krispies and it's the easiest high carb day I ever had.

Cinnamon toast crunch. I don't eat cereal anymore, but if I was high in a grocery store, well I know what I'm buying.

Cinnamon toast crunch. I don't eat cereal anymore, but if I was high in a grocery store, well I know what I'm buying.
Eff yes.

Although I almost exclusively eat steel cut oats if I am eating cereal, nothing replaces a salad bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.

I don't eat cereal, but if I did, I'd go for Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with full fat milk.

Honestly, for burgers, the patties I do are usually straight beef, salt, pepper, and some garlic lightly fried in olive oil. Fried chicken burgs though, that's a whole other thang.

As far as cereal goes, I'm all about just basic rolled oats bitches. Not that quick-cook instant porridge stuff either. Chuck it in a pot on the stove with milk, some chopped dates, crushed pecans or walnuts, some cinnamon and some vanilla essence. Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back