Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyms are closing again in Germany, at least until the end of November. Probably necessary, but still. Fuck.

The pub's officially 4 years old and Donald Pump looks pretty deflated right now.
It might be time for a rebranding: "Joe Burden's Basement Pub - A Sanctuary for all Lifters" or perhaps "Joe Bicep's Mancave - Our heaviest lifts still lies ahead"

What's going on butt? Married and have kids now right?

Alright brotato.

Yeah man, got married back in June 2019. Found out the misses was prego very soon after and he was born Feb this year.

Been a manic year, but I guess everyone is saying the same. How about u?

What’s been happening around here?

Alright brotato.

Yeah man, got married back in June 2019. Found out the misses was prego very soon after and he was born Feb this year.

Been a manic year, but I guess everyone is saying the same. How about u?

What’s been happening around here?
Congrats on both counts mate, that's great and I'm happy for you.

It has been a manic year yes, I've had a change of career which has turned out OK fortunately, especially under the circumstances. Had a few family deaths, none of which were due to COVID, and finally got engaged after a whirlwind 16 year romance. Wedding is at the start of Jan and we are keeping it limited to just parents and our kids. We'll hopefully throw a party later in the year if restrictions are lifted.

Congrats on both counts mate, that's great and I'm happy for you.

It has been a manic year yes, I've had a change of career which has turned out OK fortunately, especially under the circumstances. Had a few family deaths, none of which were due to COVID, and finally got engaged after a whirlwind 16 year romance. Wedding is at the start of Jan and we are keeping it limited to just parents and our kids. We'll hopefully throw a party later in the year if restrictions are lifted.

Congratulations my guy, on the new career and engagement.
Sorry about the deaths, hope you’re ok.

It’s hard for me to say this year has been shit when we had our son.

But between then, my business flooded and almost crippled me financially, covid actually saved the gym because people didn’t have anywhere else to go whilst we got it up and running again!

We had to have our dog put to sleep because he got poorly which was a massive kick in the bollocks and the other one lives with my parents now because she cant cope with the baby.

Other than that, things are actually looking positive. Roll on 2021.

Oh and I’m a CrossFit wanker now. Jokes.

Got to concentrate on the positives @Flash_Monsta onwards and upwards. Hope to see you posting a bit more - I'm not on any social media anymore so be nice to hear what you're up to.

Got to concentrate on the positives @Flash_Monsta onwards and upwards. Hope to see you posting a bit more - I'm not on any social media anymore so be nice to hear what you're up to.

I do stick my head in here time to time, but notice that there is very little going on so just sign back out again.

Guess most of the old regulars are grown up and moved on? How old is Belph now? Must be at least 20 ;)

Cratos still making people cry?

Oh and I’m a CrossFit wanker now. Jokes.

How are are the sexiness levels holding up? You must be a good bit leaner/lighter if that's your thing now. Still hot, I am sure. But how hot?

This is the update that the crowd is really asking for.

I do stick my head in here time to time, but notice that there is very little going on so just sign back out again.

Guess most of the old regulars are grown up and moved on? How old is Belph now? Must be at least 20 ;)

Cratos still making people cry?

Can I go back and be 20 again? Please, this is going too fast.

Hows the little one?

How are are the sexiness levels holding up? You must be a good bit leaner/lighter if that's your thing now. Still hot, I am sure. But how hot?

This is the update that the crowd is really asking for.

Nope, I am sitting at 96kg with zero gainz. I really fell victim to the lazy lockdown bod/dad bod. Lack of sleep, no gym to train in, limited equipment at home.. whole bunch of excuses. But I feel as though my training is starting to pick up again, just this time I don’t shy away from any conditioning.
I’m still hot, but just a hot potato.

How are you? Still doing secret government undercover work?

Can I go back and be 20 again? Please, this is going too fast.

Hows the little one?

He’s great thanks. Yano when people tell you that they grow so fast.. well it’s true. One minute he’s this tiny little spud, then BAM! This kid is nearly walking and talking.

In the midst of this pandemic, I up and moved to Alberta to take the next steps in my career. Day 4.

feels like day 400.

Nope, I am sitting at 96kg with zero gainz. I really fell victim to the lazy lockdown bod/dad bod. Lack of sleep, no gym to train in, limited equipment at home.. whole bunch of excuses. But I feel as though my training is starting to pick up again, just this time I don’t shy away from any conditioning.
I’m still hot, but just a hot potato.

Yeah lockdown was tough. I am sure you are still pretty darn sexy.. your standards are just very high.

How are you? Still doing secret government undercover work?

Not bad. Still doing the same stuff (being a super-secret government spy). But now I am in Liberia, in West Africa. Been on a pretty easy beat for a long time- Turkey and Jordan for 6 years, and they are both pretty damn comfortable if you have money. Liberia is much tougher, properly poor. And also just much further away from the places I want to go. So it's taken some adjustment. But think I am adjusted now. Me and the Lady are planning to get a home gym in the next month or so, which is pretty exciting.

In the midst of this pandemic, I up and moved to Alberta to take the next steps in my career. Day 4.

feels like day 400.

Nice dude, what Is the next step? More money more power hopefully!

Yeah lockdown was tough. I am sure you are still pretty darn sexy.. your standards are just very high.

Not bad. Still doing the same stuff (being a super-secret government spy). But now I am in Liberia, in West Africa. Been on a pretty easy beat for a long time- Turkey and Jordan for 6 years, and they are both pretty damn comfortable if you have money. Liberia is much tougher, properly poor. And also just much further away from the places I want to go. So it's taken some adjustment. But think I am adjusted now. Me and the Lady are planning to get a home gym in the next month or so, which is pretty exciting.

Ya big flirt

You truly are a man of mystery. What is Liberia like? Is it safe?

You truly are a man of mystery. What is Liberia like? Is it safe?

In terms of climate and topography, very similar to Thailand or another SE Asian country. Hot, humid, rains a lot. Lot of plains and rolling hills. Rice, rubber, cocoa, oil palm, very green. Lots of mosquitoes.

The country's poor as hell. It was doing quite well in the late 90s and then the civil war just destroyed it and it never came back. So when you travel around Monrovia (the capital) even the better built buildings are basic as hell, and just so worn down. So many tiny super-basic houses with seemingly 10-12 people in them. A lot of really skinny, hungry looking unemployed guys just sitting around. Tons of handicapped people- I think there was a big polio problem. The income level is similar to Afghanistan but the poverty here is much more obvious and in your face, it's pretty hard to get used to.

It's okay being here, at least for expats like me. There is a huge Lebanese diaspora here and they make everything work. So most of the good shops, restaurants, bars, gyms, etc are Lebanese owned and operated. And Lebanese know service and hospitality. So they are much better than I expected. There are quite a lot of beachside places- my apartment is about 20m from the sea- and some of them are exactly like the nice places I used to go to in Lebanon. Other places remind me a lot of Thailand- big open air places with tin roofs. Not easy to buy stuff here because almost everything comes from the port, and it's very slow and inefficient. So things appear in the shops, and then they vanish for months. At least the taxes on booze are low. Wine especially is pretty affordable and an okay range.

Security-wise, it's okay. You can walk around the main streets during the day time. I've been told by a lot of people not to walk around with a laptop bag. There are a lot of burglaries, but the compounds where most expats stay are pretty secure. I have massive fuckoff bars on every window, a huge lockable iron gate on the front of my floor. and there are 4-5 security giards around at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back