Elections Donald Trump beats Joe Biden in 2024 election poll

It's from Adam Serwer, a writer whose article, The Cruelty is The Point, about Trump supporters, I think hit the nail on the head.

Some other quotes that help explain it all:

"What I found was that Trump embodied his supporters’ most profound beliefs—combining an insistence that discriminatory policies were necessary with vehement denials that his policies would discriminate and absolute outrage that the question would even be asked."

"The specific dissonance of Trumpism—advocacy for discriminatory, even cruel, policies combined with vehement denials that such policies are racially motivated—provides the emotional core of its appeal. It is the most recent manifestation of a contradiction as old as the United States, a society founded by slaveholders on the principle that all men are created equal."

"For centuries, capital’s most potent wedge against labor in America has been the belief that it is better to be poor than to be equal to :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s."

"From a different vantage point, what Trump’s supporters refer to as political correctness is largely the result of marginalized communities gaining sufficient political power to project their prerogatives onto society at large. What a society finds offensive is not a function of fact or truth but of power. It is why unpunished murders of black Americans by agents of the state draw less outrage than black football players kneeling for the national anthem in protest against them."

"Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign, with its vows to enforce state violence against Mexican immigrants, Muslims, and black Americans, was built on a promise to enforce terms of the racial contract that Barack Obama had ostensibly neglected or violated by his presence. Trump’s administration, in carrying out an explicitly discriminatory agenda that valorizes cruelty, war crimes, and the entrenchment of white political power, represents a revitalized commitment to the racial contract."
No idea who the guy is, piece still feels written by very lefty hand (like a very righty hand is just as much biased), tbh while elaborated seems good old "why people on opposite political side are bad people" with no much further explanation on why they may have developed these mean feelings toward minorities, beside make a caricature out of them explaining that they see world like that just because generic tradition and fear
Cracked me up also that in quick sequence mentioned Obama, Trump and war crimes linking just latter two, but this would go very OT

But again

Let's make that i'm taking his definition as good, that these trump voting people are outraged whites that only want put all these N-bomb back to their place and worship Lord Trump as some sort of messiah.
Perfect. That can fit my mental portrait of very motivated trumper... but one have to guess that specially after he's been so weak and useless even at do things he said to stand for, a very motivated trumper should make just a small portion of the much larger group of people that regardless who's the cadidate, will vote the conservative/repubblican one.
That's the premise that make me think is bizzarre af that the bigger chunk of rightwinger is'nt asking for an alternative, but is sticking with a terrible option despite having so much time ahead

Is curious, give me vibes americans just want "the faction" to win, but they don't care who will be the president

Sucks thats the only options but we can all agree that mean tweets was waaay better

If trump had his way he’d sell the US to Russia and pocket the proceeds

And his dipshit base would half heartedly support it

No idea why an american rightwinger would want Trump again

I am pretty sure there are not 70M voting Rightwingers.

I would prefer someone else, but if that is the choice versus Biden or Harris... Trump is an easy pick.

Not all that surprising, but they are both utter shit so they is just a poll asking which shit you prefer.

Dems shot themselves in the foot, again, by nominating Biden and Harris. Should have picked Gabbard or Chuck Hagel or Russell Honore. No idea if Honore would have accepted.

I thought the Right didn't believe in polls

trump be like the most nationalistic president ever lol

In fact His base would welcome it with open arms. The American right wing wants a “strong man” authoritarian type leader in the worst way.

Not all that surprising, but they are both utter shit so they is just a poll asking which shit you prefer.

Dems shot themselves in the foot, again, by nominating Biden and Harris. Should have picked Gabbard or Chuck Hagel or Russell Honore. No idea if Honore would have accepted.
None of these would win anything
<Lmaoo>

None of these would win anything
<Lmaoo>

Gabbard , Hagel and Honore would have been attracted more moderates and moderate conservatives. The only reason Biden/Harris won is because of Trump's total fcuk-up of the pandemic. And Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was a terrible candidate.

if trump won the next election it would be an absolute tragedy.

The only person who could potentially lose against Biden/Harris is Trump.

it’s literally the worst play.

get someone else
Agreed. Supported Trump both times, but despite that poll, I think he’s the only Republican (of those that could actually win the nomination) that could lose. I mean, it was obvious the first time they ran against each other that Biden was terrible and not even with the program, yet people still voted for him in mass.

lol. Trump is on of the worst 2 or 3 presidents ever. Biden is basically Obama 2.0. No chance either Biden or Harris does not steamroll him

Goes to show that "Biden is too old" narrative was total bullshit, some Republicans would vote for Trumps corpse just to trigger the libs.
It’s not about age so much as mental acuity. You would think Biden is 25 years older than Trump. He’s had traumatic brain injuries that are probably just as responsible for his decline as his age is.

It’s not about age so much as mental acuity. You would think Biden is 25 years older than Trump. He’s had traumatic brain injuries that are probably just as responsible for his decline as his age is.

Yes Trump's mental "acuity" is the greatest of all time. He's said so himself.

Back