Don't be an idiot

I have bug bites all over my body as well. I'm not used to the South. That's one thing about California that was nice

Careful of the ticks, some of them carry Lymes disease. You don't want that.

@jefferz

Careful of the ticks, some of them carry Lymes disease. You don't want that.

@jefferz

Lyme was horrible. It was like 3 weeks of the worst flu I've ever had minus the loss of fluids. Fevers, chills, body aches, joint aches, mind fog, head aches, and itching. Just think back to a time when you had the flu and said fuck it, I'm sleeping on the bathroom floor. That's what it was like for 3 weeks. Just horrendous. There was a couple of times I contemplated going to the ER just because I felt so horrible.

Fucksake, does it go away or have a tendency to reappear?

Lyme was horrible. It was like 3 weeks of the worst flu I've ever had minus the loss of fluids. Fevers, chills, body aches, joint aches, mind fog, head aches, and itching. Just think back to a time when you had the flu and said fuck it, I'm sleeping on the bathroom floor. That's what it was like for 3 weeks. Just horrendous. There was a couple of times I contemplated going to the ER just because I felt so horrible.
That sounds a bit like my autoimmune disorder that flared up for the first time over 6 years ago but the arthritis was the worst part. Thankfully, it's been in remission ever since I began aip diet. Hopefully it stays that way.

I was bitten by so many ticks in the spring it was insane. I'd strip down and do checks of myself and still find them on my groin and armpits when I woke up the next morning. It's as horrible as it sounds and not something that I was used to coming from So Cal.

Thankfully, I've had no symptoms and I haven't seen them much for awhile since getting guinea fowl to patrol for them. They are getting onto the pigs which is a concern as with a host, they'll be able to breed more rapidly. I'm currently raising more guineas but they're a wild, jittery bird and some of them escaped.

The good thing is that my goldendoodle keeps the lyme carrying deer away as she's always on patrol barking and I've established fencing which also helps. I don't need lyme in my life with everything going on so hopefully I can keep it away.

Can't you get like permanent narcolepsy or something from a tick bite? Constant extreme fatigue if I remember correctly. Sounds horrific.

It wouldn't accept the mag it came with right?

Were there any other issues with it or was it ok after you fixed it
They added an aftermarket extended paddle mag release but didnt actually properly fit it after install. so when it came in, it wouldnt actually lock on any magazine provided. Ended up having to file quite a bit of material to make it work ( im assuming the paddle release was designed for 7.62x39). once i got past that little issue, it ran and operated like a champ. I must've cycled over 4000 rounds of 7n6 within about 2 months just to verify their work. bolt was in good enough condition that instead of replacing it, i just polished it up and kept right on keeping on. Sold it to a guy who been bugging me about it for a few months.

They added an aftermarket extended paddle mag release but didnt actually properly fit it after install. so when it came in, it wouldnt actually lock on any magazine provided. Ended up having to file quite a bit of material to make it work ( im assuming the paddle release was designed for 7.62x39). once i got past that little issue, it ran and operated like a champ. I must've cycled over 4000 rounds of 7n6 within about 2 months just to verify their work. bolt was in good enough condition that instead of replacing it, i just polished it up and kept right on keeping on. Sold it to a guy who been bugging me about it for a few months.

Good to know. I know there are still hundreds of people that have been waiting 2+ years without any real updates.

Look at this idiot. How can anyone be so stupid?

https://leakedreality.com/video/30301/genius-on-a-gun-range

Lol my crimson trace grip laser isn't working, let's see if I can get it to turn on and see it on my hand...

giphy.webp

Loaded or unloaded, I never point a firearm or dryfire at anything I'm not prepared to shoot.

I have posted on other gun forums about my strict gun safety routine. I have a kid, so I never set a gun down. Always in the safe or concealed on me, and nothing in between. I store the gun with a loaded mag, but without a round chambered. I have a junk magazine with snap caps for dry fire, so I always lock up my real ammo before getting out the snap caps so that they can't get mixed up.

People on other forums post that "I am scared of guns and need to get good / comfortable through training so I'll stop being a bitch about safety."

Back