Don't be an idiot

What part did it discharge during a takedown? lol he shot himself in the hand dropping the mag and cocking it and firing. At some point he cocked it dropped the mag and fired and his hand was somehow in front of the barrel.

From what I understand in his post he was in the act breaking down the firearm. In order to do that on a Glock, you have to pull the trigger while moving the slide forward off of the lower.

From what I understand in his post he was in the act breaking down the firearm. In order to do that on a Glock, you have to pull the trigger while moving the slide forward off of the lower.
I was practicing my draw and dry firing and doing it with a loaded magazine. My stupid rationale was that my gun is obviously heavier with the loaded magazine so I wanted to practice my aim and dry fire with the gun feeling like it normally would. So I would draw, dry fire, eject the magazine, rack the slide to reset the trigger, replace the magazine, and reholster.

I was repeating this and also started practicing disassembling my glock which involves pulling the trigger to release the slide from the frame. Stupidly, I kept doing it while I became distracted with something else. So I was ready to pull the slide off the frame and my hand was in front of the barrel when I pulled the trigger. Very fucking stupid.

Not sure if you read this thread or not?

No mechanism prevents a loaded glock from firing during takedown. Thats why the shooter ensures their weapon is clear.

You guys do know you can disassemble a glock without pulling the trigger while the gun is in front of your hand right?

https://us.glock.com/en/downloadable-materials

Page 22 of the Glock manual, section 6.
I deleted that comment cause maybe I thought I was wrong. But then I found a video of the way I do it.

"With the muzzle of your GLOCK pistol pointed in a safe direction (a safe direction is one in which no one can possibly be injured in the event of an unintentional discharge), pull the trigger. (Note: The trigger must be in the rearmost position to remove the slide) (Picture 20)"

Even glock tell you not to pull the trigger while pulling the slide back....

I deleted that comment cause maybe I thought I was wrong. But then I found a video of the way I do it.

Some people try to "shortcut" the Glock designated way by moving the slide rearward, depressing the takedown lever/pin, allowing the slide to move forward, THEN pressing the trigger. As opposed to the Glock approved way. From what I understand he was doing the shortcut? Could be wrong.

Some people try to "shortcut" the Glock designated way by moving the slide rearward, depressing the takedown lever/pin, allowing the slide to move forward, THEN pressing the trigger. As opposed to the Glock approved way. From what I understand he was doing the shortcut? Could be wrong.
Ah that's where we've got our wires crossed. I thought YOU were saying you had to do it while sliding the upper off.
I was disagreeing saying "pull trigger, pull slide back a little and detach it" Not do it while your hand is in front of the barrel like a mook.

Just a theory, one I never tested nor wanted to. Glocks have two internal safetiea, one being a firing pin safety.
Fully understand how the glock internals work. and I dont understand how safety plunger would prevent the gun from doing what its designed to do. Which is fire when in battery. You pull the trigger to disengage the locking block, but you're still pulling the trigger.

Fully understand how the glock internals work. and I dont understand how safety plunger would prevent the gun from doing what its designed to do. Which is fire when in battery. You pull the trigger to disengage the locking block, but you're still pulling the trigger.

In theory he should not have been able to shoot himself in the hand if his slide was back at all anyway.

See above. Didn't clarify that I was talking about when people are in the act of a takedown and pull the trigger.

Even glock tell you not to pull the trigger while pulling the slide back....
BECAUSE YOU CANT. the trigger won't engage. You pull the slide back to disengage the locking block. Once disengaged, you pull the trigger to release the slide. Do none of yall own glocks?

In theory he should not have been able to shoot himself in the hand if his slide was back at all anyway.
The slide wasn't back when he pulled the trigger. The slide was back momentarily to disengage the locking block. FFS yall......

Ah that's where we've got our wires crossed. I thought YOU were saying you had to do it while sliding the upper off.
I was disagreeing saying "pull trigger, pull slide back a little and detach it" Not do it while your hand is in front of the barrel like a mook.

Yeah, sorry. Just spitballin here. My agency had a lot of "Glock armorers" that take down a Glock using the "Shortcut". Brought my personal Glock 19 and 17 in the get sights replaced, and the whole time my dude was handling it, I was like...
<Varys01>

BECAUSE YOU CANT. the trigger won't engage. You pull the slide back to disengage the locking block. Once disengaged, you pull the trigger to release the slide. Do none of yall own glocks?
Why? You can pull the trigger before disengaging it..... that's what I'm saying. I've never once had to pull the trigger WHILE in the process of pulling the slide back, you guys are pulling it too far....

Why? You can pull the trigger before disengaging it..... that's what I'm saying. I've never once had to pull the trigger WHILE in the process of pulling the slide back, you guys are pulling it too far....
HE DIDNT PULL THE TRIGGER WITH THE SLIDE BACK! THE GUN WOULDNT HAVE FIRED. THE TRIGGER WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF BATTERY. HOW DOES THAT WORK??

Back