Crime Double child rapist/murderer Colin Pitchfork released from prison

Hellowhosthat

Chief Shara Bullet fanboy
@plutonium
Reaction score
Colin Pitchfork: Rapist and murderer released from prison | Evening Standard

C
olin Pitchfork, who raped and murdered two schoolgirls in the 1980s, has been released from prison.

Pitchfork, who is now in his early 60s, was jailed for life in 1988 for strangling 15-year-olds Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth in Leicestershire.

His bids to be set free from prison were rejected in 2016 and 2018, but in March this year the Parole Board decided the killer was now “suitable for release”.

Lord Chancellor Robert Buckland intervened in the case, asking the board to look again at its decision but in July it was revealed the decision had been considered again and would not be changed.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: "Our heartfelt sympathies remain with the families of Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth following the independent Parole Board's decision to release Colin Pitchfork.

"Public safety is our top priority, which is why he is subject to some of the strictest licence conditions ever set and will remain under supervision for the rest of his life.

"If he breaches these conditions, he faces an immediate return to prison."

Pitchfork, who was in his 20s at the time of the attacks in 1983 and 1986, was convicted of two murders, two rapes, two indecent assaults, and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice after pioneering DNA evidence linked him to the crimes.

He was sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 30 years, which was reduced by two years at a 2009 appeal.

Pitchfork raped and strangled Ms Mann in November 1983 and carried out a similar attack on Ms Ashworth in July 1986.

He remained free until 1987 when blood and semen samples taken from the victims were identified using DNA analysis, after a mass screening of men from three areas of Leicestershire to try to catch the killer.

Pitchfork, a baker, admitted exposing himself to hundreds of women and girls, starting when he was a teenager.

Absolutely mental idea to release this disgusting cunt. If he manages to do something again every person who signed off on his release should face consequences themselves imo.

Shameful.
It feels like more on more stories of lenience or encouragement of child abuse are coming out from all over the world.

The UK and parts of Europe seem to have an institutional problem.

Totally agree, mate. It's hard to believe that this prick is allowed out of prison, he raped and murdered two little fucking girls - that should mean you rot in your cell. I'd love this guy to be found 'Law Abiding Citizen' style, in pieces in some abandoned building somewhere in a few weeks.

I actually think he'll offend again, yeah. Nobody will find the body this time, he won't wanna go back. People like this cannot be saved, they are depraved animals.

We have to take into consideration that he truly has been rehabilitated and realizes just how evil what he did was. That he truly will not reoffend, not just to avoid prison but for moral reasons.

It raises an interesting philosophical question of whether it is truly possible to rehabilitate someone so vile to such a thorough extent.

And i think this guy might be a bad example of what i am talking about because he shouldve gotten a life sentence, not 30/28 years.

We have to take into consideration that he truly has been rehabilitated and realizes just how evil what he did was. That he truly will not reoffend, not just to avoid prison but for moral reasons.

It raises an interesting philosophical question of whether it is truly possible to rehabilitate someone so vile to such a thorough extent.

And i think this guy might be a bad example of what i am talking about because he shouldve gotten a life sentence, not 30/28 years.

Someone willing to do what he did can't be rehabilitated imo. It's not like he robbed a bank in a desperate financial situation, he raped and killed children. I'm sure he knew it was evil when he did it.

Someone willing to do what he did can't be rehabilitated imo. It's not like he robbed a bank in a desperate financial situation, he raped and killed children. I'm sure he knew it was evil when he did it.

I think there is a difference between knowing its evil and not caring to truly understanding why its evil and feeling deep empathy.

I just wonder if its possible for one person to grow that much in one lifetime.

Again, i think he is a bad example of this and at best there is probably only a handful of guys in history at this level of evil who truly and honestly repented. I think some people just dont have the necessary wirings in their brains for it and no amount of philosophical teachings will change that.

But what if some of our preconceptions are wrong and sometimes even the most evil people can truly change?

This isnt making the argument that these repenters should be released because there is two aspects to incarcerating someone. The first is to keep the public safe and the second is to punish the criminal. Understanding what you did was evil and having conviction in never repeating them again only satisfies the former.

And I love bank robbers btw, when these sorts of stories and conversations about really rancid criminals get me down i like to watch videos about bank robbers and criminals with a moral code like some de niro type to cheer me up.

Last edited:
I think there is a difference between knowing its evil and not caring to truly understanding why its evil and feeling deep empathy.

I just wonder if its possible for one person to grow that much in one lifetime.

Again, i think he is a bad example of this and there is probably only a handful of guys in history at this level of evil who truly and honestly repented. I think some people just dont have the necessary wirings in their brains for it and no amount of philosophical teachings will change that.

But what if all of our preconceptions are wrong and sometimes even the most evil people can truly change?

This isnt making the argument that these repenters should be released because there is two aspects to incarcerating someone. The first is to keep the public safe and the second is to punish the criminal. Understanding what you did was evil and having conviction in never repeating them again only satisfies the former.

I don't think you could commit a crime like that without being a psychopath really. I also don't really get how you'd truly check if you thought someone was rehabilitated from a crime like that. It's not a situational crime, it's not due to life circumstances, it's just pure vile evil.

I don't think you could commit a crime like that without being a psychopath really. I also don't really get how you'd truly check if you thought someone was rehabilitated from a crime like that. It's not a situational crime, it's not due to life circumstances, it's just pure vile evil.

Totally, this type of criminal can never get rid of those urges. Subhuman.

This guy is the WORST example. If the thought of sexually assaulting children turns you on to the point that you act upon it and physically assault a child, rape them, and kill them then you can't be redeemed.

Some guys focus on certain parts of the female form. Some like older women. Some like thicker women. Some have little preference. Reforming a violent pedo is as probable as getting me to stop looking at a nice set of bewbs or ignore the MILF in yoga pants bending over at the grocery store.

Last edited:

it should also be considered what we want from jail. Do we want punishment or rehabilitation and to what degree each of those things. If people are going to be released at some point rehabilitation is a must, that’s why I think the Nordic model is perhaps the best (they have the lowest reoffending rates in the world after all).

In my opinion it doesn’t get worse then harming a child so fuck this guy, I hope he doesn’t last long on the outside. I may be wrong but I think whole life terms weren’t available to judges in the U.K. when this guy was convicted so if he has served his sentence and deemed no longer a threat there is not much they can really do. Still I find it strange he is being released.

Back