Crime Double child rapist/murderer Colin Pitchfork released from prison

As long as he takes his meds everything will be just fine, no need to keep an eye on him. Really, what could possibly go wrong?o_O

And even if he is a success story, and they were right about him never re-offending, is that justice for such a heinous crime? I always think of the families of the victims in these types of deals. It's like all the experts thought of everyone but them. Where is their voice in all of this?

The dude in the OP is an example of why I'm pro death penalty in rare cases. The guy should have been put down a week after his trial.

Yeah, I'm definitely pro life for a life, whether it's the more immediate death penalty or the longer version. Once you've done something like raping and murdering two people(let alone kids who haven't even lived anything close to a full life), you've forfeited your human rights as far as I'm concerned. They didn't give their victims the same opportunity to make something of their lives, so why the fuck do they get that opportunity? There should never ever be a sniff of parole for these kinds of scum. There is nothing short of curing cancer they could do, to make up for it.

And even if he is a success story, and they were right about him never re-offending, is that justice for such a heinous crime? I always think of the families of the victims in these types of deals. It's like all the experts thought of everyone but them. Where is their voice in all of this?

Yeah, I'm definitely pro life for a life, whether it's the more immediate death penalty or the longer version. Once you've done something like raping and murdering two people(let alone kids who haven't even lived anything close to a full life), you've forfeited your human rights as far as I'm concerned. They didn't give their victims the same opportunity to make something of their lives, so why the fuck do they get that opportunity? There should never ever be a sniff of parole for these kinds of scum. There is nothing short of curing cancer they could do, to make up for it.

You reduce it to the most basic logic and you arrive at forfeiture of life. The choice isn't made by society...all of the choices are made by the perpetrator in intent. Somehow we feel guilty for them making that decision. People like this guy needed to die asap, this is unreal human stupidity on display.

All child molesters/Rapists/murderers should be shot in the street on public television. I believe in fair trials because you don't want to kill an innocent person but for those cases where we KNOW they did it. Fuck em, shoot them.

All child molesters/Rapists/murderers should be shot in the street on public television. I believe in fair trials because you don't want to kill an innocent person but for those cases where we KNOW they did it. Fuck em, shoot them.
hell yeah brother... kill em all let god sort em out

Let's ignore everything and just contemplate how often troubled people go off their meds. All the damned time, right? It's not like that guy thought he was Mozart or something similarly harmless. Letting him go unsupervised is negligent and if he goes nuts again people need to be held responsible.

I can at least understand crimes of passion or murky cases of self defense. Sexual predators or people messing with kids or the most defenseless in society? Nope. That doesn't get any kind of a pass from me. I look at it as something that should see the human card revoked and see offenders treated as defective animals. Fuck em

Colin Pitchfork: Rapist and murderer released from prison | Evening Standard

Absolutely mental idea to release this disgusting cunt. If he manages to do something again every person who signed off on his release should face consequences themselves imo.

People like you and others will continue to be mad instead of doing anything about it. Would it really be that hard to find this guy and take him on vacation for 2 or 3 days? Who cares about the temproray jail time, you'll be respected by a lot of people and it's a great middle finger to all the rich pedos who think they're safe

Let's ignore everything and just contemplate how often troubled people go off their meds. All the damned time, right? It's not like that guy thought he was Mozart or something similarly harmless. Letting him go unsupervised is negligent and if he goes nuts again people need to be held responsible.

I can at least understand crimes of passion or murky cases of self defense. Sexual predators or people messing with kids or the most defenseless in society? Nope. That doesn't get any kind of a pass from me. I look at it as something that should see the human card revoked and see offenders treated as defective animals. Fuck em

In terms of the "insanity" defense, I'm of the mind that anyone who commits a cold blooded murder is "insane", which to me, renders the defense moot. People out of their minds on drugs or booze are not afforded the same defense, so why is a guy who just "snapped" afforded it? I'm more worried about the guys without a drug induced explanation for their actions, than I am about the guys who have a "condition" and need drugs to suppress it.

At the end of the day, it's all so arbitrary and silly. If you take a life in a cold blooded intentional manner, then you forfeit your own in one way or another. That's my belief.

it should also be considered what we want from jail. Do we want punishment or rehabilitation and to what degree each of those things. If people are going to be released at some point rehabilitation is a must, that’s why I think the Nordic model is perhaps the best (they have the lowest reoffending rates in the world after all).

In my opinion it doesn’t get worse then harming a child so fuck this guy, I hope he doesn’t last long on the outside. I may be wrong but I think whole life terms weren’t available to judges in the U.K. when this guy was convicted so if he has served his sentence and deemed no longer a threat there is not much they can really do. Still I find it strange he is being released.
The most logical soloution is that he never gets to live his life again cause his victims don't. That is the consequence if his action , rehabilitation shouldn't even be considered.

And if I had to bet the court will probably protect his identity and location like they do for those two men who, when they were boys, murdered a couple of much younger children.

The entire thing is sick. Execute him or if you won't, then keep him locked up forever.

Meh... some crimes shouldn't have release dates IMO. Keep him in jail for good, who cares?

In terms of the "insanity" defense, I'm of the mind that anyone who commits a cold blooded murder is "insane", which to me, renders the defense moot. People out of their minds on drugs or booze are not afforded the same defense, so why is a guy who just "snapped" afforded it? I'm more worried about the guys without a drug induced explanation for their actions, than I am about the guys who have a "condition" and need drugs to suppress it.

At the end of the day, it's all so arbitrary and silly. If you take a life in a cold blooded intentional manner, then you forfeit your own in one way or another. That's my belief.
While I think the insanity defense would have some merit in the case if the Greyhound Cannibal, I don't think it should have helped him get out early. The exact opposite infact. If medication is needed to keep someone from potentially butchering random people then the consistency of that state of being poses an ongoing safety hazard.

As for no leeway allowed for being in a temporary altered state of mind? Well, agree to disagree. Taking drugs or getting hammered are conscious actions with predictable side effects of entering an altered state. If you want to get fucked up fine, but you took the steps to be compromised, so you should take responsibility of the outcome of that choice. That's very different from, let's say, being the father of one of the kids in the OP and finding that guy messing with your daughter. I wouldn't blink twice if that hypothetical father killed that animal.

People like you and others will continue to be mad instead of doing anything about it. Would it really be that hard to find this guy and take him on vacation for 2 or 3 days? Who cares about the temproray jail time, you'll be respected by a lot of people and it's a great middle finger to all the rich pedos who think they're safe

I don't think my daughter would thank me for getting sent to prison for 25 years.

There's always some fuck-up "sympathies to the families" quote to shit like this. It's hollow, they don't give a shit. If they did, he would have been refused until the day he dies.

Prick should have been executed.

To me, prison is where you get rehabilitated, and once you are, you should be set free, free of any other sentence, or restrictions. Otherwise, you have not fully rehabilitated them. So why do they have a ton of other restrictions and observations on this guy? Obviously, because they fucking know he isn’t! What a damn shame. Put the bullet in his head, or keep him forever locked up. His “rights” shouldn’t trump society’s rights to safety, or the illusion of it.

Should've just put a bullet in him once it was known he was guilty. No fanfare or anything just quick and move on.

He's 61 now and going by a different name, I've just seen a picture of him - he's a got a bald head and a big bushy grey beard, but that face looks the same. He won't be able to fully hide from his past, believe me. Apparently, a big rule is that "he has to confess his past to any new girlfriend he might have or potentially he's going back to jail".

Yeah, that's cool, trust a serial rapist/killer paedophile to be truthful.

The internet is another problem - that wasn't around in his day. It makes me feel uneasy knowing what he might getting up to online.

The very notion that Pitchfork is, "rehabilitated" is nauseating. Even if he was genuinely remorseful for his appalling crimes, and I don't believe for one moment that he is, the girls he raped and murdered are still dead.

Murder is the ultimate theft: the murderer takes not only their victim's life but their future. These girls were 15 years old. Little more than children. They had decades ahead of them. Lovers, careers, perhaps children of their own. All that potential snuffed out because Pitchfork wanted to indulge his sick fantasies. And the families of the girls were denied the chance to watch them grow up, to mature from girls into women, perhaps even to have grandchildren. They had to live with the knowledge that their children's last moments were filled with terror and agony.

There is no rehabilitation from that kind of evil. Pitchfork owes a debt to society he cannot pay this side of the grave. His sentence will be served when he takes his last breath, which I sincerely hope happens sooner rather than later.

Anyone who believes otherwise is a coward or a retard. Or both.

Back