Double end bag recommendations?

I’m looking at getting a double end bag.
What are the pros/cons of the different shape bags ie teardrop compared to round etc
I only just started using one at the gym and found it embarrassingly hard to use but after a few tries I seem to have found a good rhythm

I’m looking at getting a double end bag.
What are the pros/cons of the different shape bags ie teardrop compared to round etc
I only just started using one at the gym and found it embarrassingly hard to use but after a few tries I seem to have found a good rhythm
Like the cord tightness (loose for more reach/tight for quicker rebound), pretty down boils to preference. IMO, the teardrop shape ones are harder to land proper hits for a good bounce which is great for accuracy training. Feels like round ones are easier so I can be more lazy when throwing my punches.

Like the cord tightness (loose for more reach/tight for quicker rebound), pretty down boils to preference. IMO, the teardrop shape ones are harder to land proper hits for a good bounce which is great for accuracy training. Feels like round ones are easier so I can be more lazy when throwing my punches.

the cords at the one on my gym are so tight it’s really hard to use

the cords at the one on my gym are so tight it’s really hard to use
I really hate using ones that are super tight, it limits the movement to a very predictable range (where you almost don't need to look where you punch), defeats the purpose I'm using them for. Those are also the ones that make you look good for performances. That's why if you see Ryan Gracia Double Bag exhibition clips on YT, he always picks ones where it's tightly wound.

The same with Canelo here where's playing with a really tightly wound one:
Sure it looks great for the press, but I don't think it really translates into anything useful for us regular guys.

I guess same goes for the really fancy type of Speed Bag hitting like these guys:
Very impressive and I'm sure they spent hours training for this, but doesn't translate into anything that would help you in regular practice or the ring. I heard that's the same reason Cus D'amato didn't allow Mike Tyson to train on the speed bag too much back in the days.

I really hate using ones that are super tight, it limits the movement to a very predictable range (where you almost don't need to look where you punch), defeats the purpose I'm using them for. Those are also the ones that make you look good for performances. That's why if you see Ryan Gracia Double Bag exhibition clips on YT, he always picks ones where it's tightly wound.

The same with Canelo here where's playing with a really tightly wound one:
Sure it looks great for the press, but I don't think it really translates into anything useful for us regular guys.

I guess same goes for the really fancy type of Speed Bag hitting like these guys:
Very impressive and I'm sure they spent hours training for this, but doesn't translate into anything that would help you in regular practice or the ring. I heard that's the same reason Cus D'amato didn't allow Mike Tyson to train on the speed bag too much back in the days.

Would you say lomas double end bag in this video has a good tightness? Imo this is probably the best video I've ever seen of any pro working a double end bag and his doesnt look too tight

Would you say lomas double end bag in this video has a good tightness? Imo this is probably the best video I've ever seen of any pro working a double end bag and his doesnt look too tight

That's the usual tightness I like too. Good amount of bounce back and slack to work on accuracy plus some light defense.

Hey @FreddyHazeChimaev

I have only used Cleto's and mexican local brands as double end bag, so never experienced a Rival, Title or any of those other brands. But the leather mexican style double ended bag, have worked very nice to me. And it also seems to be durable for a personal use.

If you have IG, add me and might be able to see my actual gym set up, and perhaps help me with your comments on how to improve my skills :) Instagram profile as @theboxingcollector

Cleto Reyes double end bag I would say is worth the premium. Just such a nice POP to it and they include an extra air bladder. I have the teardrop shaped one and installed it upside down as the real bottom has kind of a hard leather disc that smarts if you catch it when only wearing wraps, and works better for upper cuts. If I did it over again I would go with the fully round one though.

I concur with Mark6pro, the Cleto Reyes double end bag is awesome. But it is a bit pricey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back