Social [A**holes In The Sky] Flight Attendants Call For A National Ban List For Violent Air Passengers

I don't think you should be banned for life and I think you should receive a few chances. Everyone has a bad day and reacts poorly. With that said if you've fucked up 3 times and had 3 different flights diverted over a matter of years then yea maybe you should be banned for life.

1st - Year ban with 5 year probation after
2nd during probation - Donzo.. Banned for life

Flying on a private airlines is not a right. You pay for the service but if you are unruly you should lose that ability. I have been on flights with people doing drugs, drunk people, fat people, people with children that are just too young to fly or behave (I didnt even take my kids to restaurants until they were old enough to behave). The new thing now are cultures that dont use deodorant or shower frequently. People pay 1000 a ticket and dont want to sit next to stank:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/01/31/american-airlines-orthodox-jewish-odor/

I was flying back from Cali once and this guy and his 4-5 friends were on the plane with him. He smelled like fucking ass. This thing that annoyed me the most is not one of this friends said shit to him. If he was my friend I would have called him on it. Which maybe they did and he just gave 0 fucks but my god it was the worst 3 hour flight I've ever been on. My nose never adapted to that smell.

Normally I'd say a private company can decide who they want to serve for whatever reason (outside of legally protected classes).

However there are certain industries that have the ability to seriously hurt someone's ability to live their lives, the airlines is one of those.

In this case there needs to be due process, and the ability for a person to atone for what they did if guilty.

We can't let social currency replace our right to presumed innocence.
Not anymore....With Zoom and other ways of travel, if you are violent, or shit yourself from drinking and assault crew members, you already showed you dont care about their ability to live their lives. If you assault an Uber or Cabbie you can be banned. The L.I.R.R bans people for crime and assault. Planes are even more dangerous, people need to behave like adults, if you cant fuck you. And this is coming from a drinker.....

Yay.

This is no different than the NBA or NFL, for example, who sometimes impose lifetime bans on fans who behave egregiously at games (ex. some fans were banned for life due to the debacle at the Palace in Detroit). They're pooling lists, and participating in a prohibition of services individually as private entities.

Frankly, I don't see any legitimate argument to stop them. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Yes, ban them.
Then lock them up and throw away the key.

Also lock up Antifa criminals, BLM rioters, and Proud Boy offenders.

People need to behave themselves.

Sounds like a non-issue. Delta has 1,600 people on a ban list. Millions fly with them. Who cares?

The first time your plane is diverted and you are delayed 12 hours because some asshole doesn't want to follow a rule or gets sloppy drunk or just goes full asshole you will likely support banning people. It has happened to me twice, both times because people got sloppy drunk. One got loud and was losing control and the other got so drunk she passed out in lavatory in her own puke and needed medical assistance.

Planes should not be serving alcohol, imo.

as someone who flies a lot, this is good news. if you can't handle yourself in society you don't deserve to be in it. we all have horror stories of imbeciles on planes. may they take the bus to cross the ocean. fuck them.

Reactions: Isa
unruly drinkers should be banned from all bars

Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant
By Michael Bartiromo, Melanie DaSilva, and Nexstar Media Wire | Sept 24, 2021​

A passenger on a JetBlue flight is facing federal charges after choking a flight attendant and trying to enter the cockpit on a recent flight, according to an FBI affidavit.

The flight, which originated in Boston, was about an hour out from landing in Puerto Rico when the attack occurred Wednesday.

Investigators say the passenger, identified as Khalil El Dahr in an FBI affidavit obtained by The Daily Beast, became agitated when he was unable to make a call on his cell phone. A short while afterward, he ran toward the front of the plane yelling that he wanted to be shot, according to information obtained by an FBI investigator.

A flight attendant was able to intervene before El Dahr reached the cockpit door, per the affidavit. A member of the flight crew then opened the door to the flight deck, at which point El Dahr began again demanding to be shot.

The man also began choking the flight attendant attempting to keep him away from the cockpit by grabbing and pulling on the crew member’s tie.

Several crew members were eventually able to restrain the man using seat belt extenders and, as one witness noted, the very tie that belonged to the flight attendant, which was fastened around the man’s ankles.

The passenger now faces charges of interfering with a flight crew, according to the affidavit.

A representative for the San Juan field office of the FBI confirmed the incident but could not disclose additional details.

The Federal Aviation Administration said this week that the number of incidents involving unruly passengers was still “too high” despite dropping sharply amid the FAA’s announcement of a “zero-tolerance” policy, first enacted in January.

“Our work is having an impact and the trend is moving in the right direction. But we need the progress to continue. This remains a serious safety threat, and one incident is one too many,” FAA Administrator Steve Dickson said in a news release issued Thursday.

The FAA further said that reports of unruly passengers were still coming in at twice the rate they were reported at the end of 2020. Since January 2021, the agency has received reports of at least 4,385 such incidents, the majority of which involve passengers refusing to comply with mask mandates.

The FAA has also proposed over $1,100,000 in civil penalties (collectively) against some of those disruptive passengers since enacting its zero-tolerance policy.

https://www.wpri.com/new-england/ma...le-on-jetblue-flight-from-boston-to-san-juan/

Last edited:
If you assault a flight crew member it should a felony assault and interference with a flight crew starting when they pull away from the gate. If you are convicted you should be on a no fly list.

If you are violent on a plane you should be considered a threat to the lives of the other passengers. The other passengers and crew should be justified in using whatever force necessary to control the person and assure the safety plane. This includes RNC and if the ass hole dies it should be considered justified.

Airlines should be able to ban people. Making it a law is over the top though. Airlines should also hire security for their flights so those attendants aren’t dealing with this crap. Let those entitled cans fly spirit.

I'd say no because a single event isn't necessarily representative of the person's usual pattern of behaviour. I'm sure that it happens to often be a decent indicator, but that's luck. In science you have to repeatedly measure a phenomenon and calculate the mean of the responses. If you only use one measurement it's likely going to be off because random variables have influenced it. In the case of a person they could be going through a divorce, a death in the family, be in the most stressful moment in their career, etc. So the "measurement" you're taking at the moment of the freak out isn't necessarily representative of the person's usual behaviour. Another argument against it is that someone can learn their lesson. I don't see why someone should be banned from all airlines because they had a freak out 10 years ago and have since learned their lesson and have been frequently using other airline companies with no issues.

Planes should be designed in a way that allows for asshole removal at any point during the flight.

i dont know why more people are not saying this. ejecting them is the best solution. every seat ought to be fully ejectable. if we have to we could make sure there are parachutes in the chairs for safety and maybe a small inflatable life preserver for ocean flights.

i dont know why more people are not saying this. ejecting them is the best solution. every seat ought to be fully ejectable. if we have to we could make sure there are parachutes in the chairs for safety and maybe a small inflatable life preserver for ocean flights.
You don't need to give them a life preserver. Remember, in the unlikely event of a water landing your seat can be used as a flotation device.

Back