Opinion Dr. Biden demands apology from Fox News

If you are addressing them in a formal setting related to their field of expertise, then it makes sense to address them as doctor. Otherwise, not really IMO.

On that note, don't even lawyers and pharmacists technically have doctorates? We don't address them as doctor.

Yeah, it's really strange there isn't a bunch of tension around calling Janet Yellen "Dr. Yellen" because no one calls her "Dr. Yellen". Even though her credentials are >>> Jill Biden.

But I appreciate her troll game. I hope Sinema starts doing the same thing with her PhD in Justice Studies and demanding people call her doctor while fucking over her electorate.

I sign esq on work emails. It's necessary to make sure that the other side of the email understands the capacity in which I'm communicating. Once the history is established, there's no need.

As for PhDs, it's a doctorate. I refer to them as doctor. My in-laws are both PhDs, one in engineering, the other in microbiology. When they are referenced in publication or by their peers, it's Dr. such and such.

A doctoral degree references the highest level of degree in a field. It's not only applicable to medical doctors. To deny the individual the title of "Dr." essentially denies them the distinction that they earned from their university. Doesn't matter if it's a doctorate in the arts, sciences or medicine - the individual has earned the doctorate and thus the honorific "Dr."
I don’t disagree in principal. I do think engineering and certain science PHDs are much more valid and distinguished than many arts, especially as generic as education.

On publications and in-field communication I have no issue signing Dr. and clarifying your level of study. My issue comes back to asking the general public to call you and address you as Doctor. The general public largely believes someone that calls themselves doctor to be a real doctor, not a PHD in an art or science. In this case, calling Jill Biden a Dr. is fucking hilarious. Especially considering the shit everyone gives people like Rand Paul who are actual doctors.

I don’t disagree in principal. I do think engineering and certain science PHDs are much more valid and distinguished than many arts, especially as generic as education.

On publications and in-field communication I have no issue signing Dr. and clarifying your level of study. My issue comes back to asking the general public to call you and address you as Doctor. The general public largely believes someone that calls themselves doctor to be a real doctor, not a PHD in an art or science. In this case, calling Jill Biden a Dr. is fucking hilarious. Especially considering the shit everyone gives people like Rand Paul who are actual doctors.
Dr. Jake Paul sends his regards

Yeah, it's really strange there isn't a bunch of tension around calling Janet Yellen "Dr. Yellen" because no one calls her "Dr. Yellen". Even though her credentials are >>> Jill Biden.

But I appreciate her troll game. I hope Sinema starts doing the same thing with her PhD in Justice Studies and demanding people call her doctor while fucking over her electorate.
https://home.treasury.gov/about/general-information/officials/janet-yellen

In 1994, President Bill Clinton appointed then-Dr. Yellen to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. Three years later, he named her Chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

On December 1, 2020, then-President-elect Biden nominated Dr. Janet Yellen to the post of Treasury Secretary. “She has spent her career focused on unemployment and the dignity of work,” he said, “She understands what it means to people and their communities when they have good, decent jobs.”

Dr. Yellen has received honorary doctorates from Bard College, Brown, the London School of Economics, NYU, the University of Baltimore, the University of Michigan, the University of Warwick and Yale from which she also received the Wilbur Cross Medal for distinguished achievements in scholarship, teaching, academic administration, and public service.

Let's move away from the PhD debate. That's not what this thread was started for.

Rather, this was members of the WH demanding and apology from someone for stating that Jill wanted Joe to be president more than Joe wanted Joe to be president

When I was in elementary school, one of the teachers had a PhD in education and we understood when everyone called her Dr. X that it didn't mean she was a physician. So I don't see why Jill should have to use an incorrect honorific as to not confuse people that might be dumber/less informed than the average 10 year old.

Further, there's a difference between using doctor as an honorific and presenting yourself as 'a doctor'. The latter, sure should be reserved for medical doctors but that's not the same as using the title.

Has the white house ever made a big deal about her title other than just... using it correctly? As far as I can tell it is only an issue because of petty conservative digs/WSJ opeds.

She made kids call her Dr because adults refused.
Yeah, since all of those teachers at the school that did four years of university taught by PhDs definitely refused to address their lecturers as Dr. <JagsKiddingMe>

When I was in elementary school, one of the teachers had a PhD in education and we understood when everyone called her Dr. X that it didn't mean she was a physician. So I don't see why Jill should have to use an incorrect honorific as to not confuse people that might be dumber/less informed than the average 10 year old.

Further, there's a difference between using doctor as an honorific and presenting yourself as 'a doctor'. The latter, sure should be reserved for medical doctors but that's not the same as using the title.

Has the white house ever made a big deal about her title other than just... using it correctly? As far as I can tell it is only an issue because of petty conservative digs/WSJ opeds.
Her fucking Twitter handle is Dr. Jill Biden, she parades it around. Jill is a born rich entitled liberal shit bag who had all the means like most born-wealthy and connected libs who had the ability to go to college forever in retarded field that shouldn't even have a PHD program while the rest of us had to earn money. It has nothing to do that the majority of people confusing it with a real Doctor. Remember my Yuri-touched friend, 35% of people still approve of Biden's method of Afghanistan withdrawal, so many don't know a PHD is just a large sum of money paid to a university in stupid fields like Education. People can be proud of whatever they want, this is the participation generation; but she and her cultists like you sure buy into the effort of a rich liberal girl going to school and funded my mommy and daddy in a field nobody would put in the top 50 of difficulty. I guess Art History, African Studies, North Eastern trade of 1850s were all impacted...

I sign esq on work emails. It's necessary to make sure that the other side of the email understands the capacity in which I'm communicating. Once the history is established, there's no need.

As for PhDs, it's a doctorate. I refer to them as doctor. My in-laws are both PhDs, one in engineering, the other in microbiology. When they are referenced in publication or by their peers, it's Dr. such and such.

A doctoral degree references the highest level of degree in a field. It's not only applicable to medical doctors. To deny the individual the title of "Dr." essentially denies them the distinction that they earned from their university. Doesn't matter if it's a doctorate in the arts, sciences or medicine - the individual has earned the doctorate and thus the honorific "Dr."
legit lol
I always thought you were "special" , but this post is simply amazing.
Please stop posting and embarrassing yourself.
edit: my wife (2 bachelor degrees and daughter of a real doctor) is still laughing about your answer.

Last edited:
Her fucking Twitter handle is Dr. Jill Biden, she parades it around. Jill is a born rich entitled liberal shit bag who had all the means like most born-wealthy and connected libs who had the ability to go to college forever in retarded field that shouldn't even have a PHD program while the rest of us had to earn money. It has nothing to do that the majority of people confusing it with a real Doctor. Remember my Yuri-touched friend, 35% of people still approve of Biden's method of Afghanistan withdrawal, so many don't know a PHD is just a large sum of money paid to a university in stupid fields like Education. People can be proud of whatever they want, this is the participation generation; but she and her cultists like you sure buy into the effort of a rich liberal girl going to school and funded my mommy and daddy in a field nobody would put in the top 50 of difficulty. I guess Art History, African Studies, North Eastern trade of 1850s were all impacted...
The meltdown over her using her accurate title on her.. twitter account? and.. her getting a degree due to rich parents... when she was age 55? Is halfway fascinating.

How was your relationship with your mom?

Did you pursue secondary education? If so, what happened?

The meltdown over her using her accurate title on her.. twitter account? and.. her getting a degree due to rich parents... when she was age 55? Is halfway fascinating.

How was your relationship with your mom?

Did you pursue secondary education? If so, what happened?
Oh shit that’s even worse. She went to school in her 50’s as the wife of a fucking senator and the child of a rich banker!!!? Oh the adversity!

Mom is great thanks for asking. I grew up poor until my teenage years where we broke out. My mom also went to college in her 50s because she grew up poor with no guidance. Lifelong Democrats sadly but great people, think with their heart blindly…

Oh shit that’s even worse. She went to school in her 50’s as the wife of a fucking senator and the child of a rich banker!!!? Oh the adversity!

Mom is great thanks for asking. I grew up poor until my teenage years where we broke out. My mom also went to college in her 50s because she grew up poor with no guidance. Lifelong Democrats sadly but great people, think with their heart blindly…
Happy to hear mom could pursue educational goals later in life if that worked out for her..

But — are you suggesting doctorates only count if.. financial adversity is involved? What a weird take.

Happy to hear mom could pursue educational goals later in life if that worked out for her..

But — are you suggesting doctorates only count if.. financial adversity is involved? What a weird take.
I’m saying a PHD is not worthy of calling yourself a Doctor. I have no issues with douche bags that sign PHD after their name. PHD is not and should not be called a doctor.

I’m saying a PHD is not worthy of calling yourself a Doctor. I have no issues with douche bags that sign PHD after their name. PHD is not and should not be called a doctor.
"Jill is a doctor" != "Dr. Jill."

Doctor is latin for teacher and has been a title for learned people in any field before universities, long before any particular connotation with physicians. and has an honorific for advanced academic degree recipients from universities since the 1200s.

The abbreviated "Dr." is categorically what and always has been what an accredited doctorate holder's title should be, your confusion doesn't change that.

"Jill is a doctor" != "Dr. Jill."

Doctor is latin for teacher and has been a title for learned people in any field before universities, long before any particular connotation with physicians. and has an honorific for advanced academic degree recipients from universities since the 1200s.

The abbreviated "Dr." is categorically what and always has been what an accredited doctorate holder's title should be, your confusion doesn't change that.
Nobody is debating the origin. The debate is whether a 50 year old rich cunt going to school with friends for the fuck of it late in life in the field of education should request to be called Dr.

Nobody is debating the origin. The debate is whether a 50 year old rich cunt going to school with friends for the fuck of it late in life in the field of education should request to be called Dr.
Sure. And you've repeatedly demonstrated you have some weird hangups about a politicians wife who was a career teacher pursuing a PhD in education.

The correct answer is yes, her accredited PhD means her title is "Dr". There's nothing to read into really, it's not that complicated.

Your correct title is Mr.
"Mister" means master. But despite you being master of nothing, no one is having a meltdown about your title. Jill at least has a doctorate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back