DraftKings anyone?

AugustBurnsRob82

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
First post here. Does anyone do DraftKings on here? I'm not big on sports betting, just a rookie. I feel like DraftKings is so tough to win even a top 10 placement. Anyways, here is my lineups for tonight.

Probably shitty picks but it's tough given the $50k virtual cap limit. Screenshot_20201212-164819_DraftKings.jpg

Yeah but not for MMA, I suck. I've done very well this year betting NFL games.

i use fan duel, but it's the same principal. I get frustrated the one i picked all fights right and barely got anything. Of course i play the $.05, .25 or dollar games. You need to basically finish top 10 to get much back in those

First post here. Does anyone do DraftKings on here? I'm not big on sports betting, just a rookie. I feel like DraftKings is so tough to win even a top 10 placement. Anyways, here is my lineups for tonight.

Probably shitty picks but it's tough given the $50k virtual cap limit. View attachment 819594
I'm not into betting. I have been putting my money in the stock market and bitcoin. So far, so good.

On a side note 2 yrs ago i won 1k on a 25 cent NFL contest. Since then i usually get my money back weekly, but haven't havent won more than like $6 a week this year

1st post and mentions a UFC sponsor. Totally not a suspicious shill post

31896d026779cc305ea86e5666498ffe.jpg

Lol jk. Betting on fights is tricky I never really got into it because I think gambling in general is a scam tbh

Yeah but not for MMA, I suck. I've done very well this year betting NFL games.

I dont even do good in that lol. It's hard to pick the right combination of underdogs and favorites. Literally one wrong pick will set you back way too much.

Fantasy betting is so difficult. The ones who win always seem to be the clever idiots who pick the most unlikely to succeed combinations. It is pretty easy to get your money back but you have to be incredibly lucky to get a good win.

I dont even do good in that lol. It's hard to pick the right combination of underdogs and favorites. Literally one wrong pick will set you back way too much.

You have to take some chances in the GPP's (bigger tourneys). It's not just picking winners, because someone who wins a boring decision without much action doesn't score all that well. Underdogs who are cheap but have a good chance of finishing if they do happen to win are what win big tourneys. I've done pretty well, I split the first place share on a $10 buy in main card (where you pick a captain) on the Texeira/Santos card.

upload_2020-11-7_23-54-4-png.813180

What are you looking at winning with a quarter

I'd be happy to win a dollar lol. Like I said, I'm not much of a gambler, especially with the fantasy sports. I don't have enough experience in it so I mainly just do the 25 cent tournaments for fun more or less. Not really trying to win big or make a living on it, ya know. I'm doing ok financially with my job, so it's more or less for the hell of it.

I'm not into betting. I have been putting my money in the stock market and bitcoin. So far, so good.

Smart man. I have zero knowledge about stocks but I would love to invest in some at some point. I have a pretty busy full time job so I just dont really have enough time to dedicate to researching stock investments in order to do it properly. Hope it's working out well for you though.

1st post and mentions a UFC sponsor. Totally not a suspicious shill post

31896d026779cc305ea86e5666498ffe.jpg

Lol jk. Betting on fights is tricky I never really got into it because I think gambling in general is a scam tbh

Lol, I didn't even think of that correlation of DK being a sponsor. I had that coming for sure

You have to take some chances in the GPP's (bigger tourneys). It's not just picking winners, because someone who wins a boring decision without much action doesn't score all that well. Underdogs who are cheap but have a good chance of finishing if they do happen to win are what win big tourneys. I've done pretty well, I split the first place share on a $10 buy in main card (where you pick a captain) on the Texeira/Santos card.

upload_2020-11-7_23-54-4-png.813180

Damn dude, that's awesome! Glad to see you won a decent amount there!

Damn dude, that's awesome! Glad to see you won a decent amount there!

Thanks man. There's definitely strategy to it. But luck for sure too.

I've been close (one fighter away) to splitting even bigger ones too. There was one (can't remember the card, was earlier this year) where the total prize pool was $500k, top prize $100k. It ended up as I think about 8-10 people chopping that top prize, they each cashed maybe $17k or so? I was one fighter off, and had debated on it too. Would have been chopped one more time with me so maybe $15k or so.

I've got some lineups in tonight, put one in for the big one ($600k total, top prize $100k). Seems like I've done better lately on the televised contests where you pick a captain (salary is 1.5 times normal, but you get 1.5 times the points for your captain too). I have 4 lineups in for those too tonight.

Thanks man. There's definitely strategy to it. But luck for sure too.

I've been close (one fighter away) to splitting even bigger ones too. There was one (can't remember the card, was earlier this year) where the total prize pool was $500k, top prize $100k. It ended up as I think about 8-10 people chopping that top prize, they each cashed maybe $17k or so? I was one fighter off, and had debated on it too. Would have been chopped one more time with me so maybe $15k or so.

I've got some lineups in tonight, put one in for the big one ($600k total, top prize $100k). Seems like I've done better lately on the televised contests where you pick a captain (salary is 1.5 times normal, but you get 1.5 times the points for your captain too). I have 4 lineups in for those too tonight.

No need for a thank you. I'm all for seeing others do well. Too many people just hate on everyone out of jealousy and shit.

I always thought it was 100% luck, but if theres a strategy involved hook a brother up with some info lol because I have no idea about strategy in DraftKings

No need for a thank you. I'm all for seeing others do well. Too many people just hate on everyone out of jealousy and shit.

I always thought it was 100% luck, but if theres a strategy involved hook a brother up with some info lol because I have no idea about strategy in DraftKings

Here's my advice:

DraftKings bases their pricing PURELY on the betting odds of who will win or lose, not the method of victory. So if there's someone who's a big favorite but who never finishes fights and wins low output decisions, they're the worst fighter to pick because they're expensive based on being favored but they don't generally score well even in winning. Tonight, that's Tecia Torres imo. The scoring on DK highly favors finishing. You CAN get big scores for decision wins, but you need the person to land a ton of strikes, hit a ton of takedowns or advances, etc. Torres obviously COULD finish tonight and score well, but it's more likely she grinds out a boring win where she doesn't rack up much stats.

On the flipside, you know you need to pick a couple underdogs at least. You're way better seeking out underdogs that have a good chance of finishing or scoring well IF they do pull off the upset. Tonight isn't exactly amazing on that front, but the guy you'd think will finish IF he pulls the upset would be Oliveira. (I hope not as Ferg is my favorite fighter, but that's the reality of this fight).

The last bit of advice: Remember main events are 5 rounds and not 3. That's 10 more minutes for your fighter to rack up points. That's why tonight if you think Moreno has a shot, he's a great play with his low salary. Because even if he doesn't finish, he's not landing strikes and takedowns etc for only 15 minutes, he's doing it for 25 minutes.

That's about it. Then you just gotta have a bit of luck too ha ha!

I do some now and then. Mostly then. I've come in second a few times and typically get a bit more back then I spend. If not that then slightly less. I'm picky about the cards since they switched it. My brain is fried so I can't quite remember how it was before. I'm thinking they used to do 5 fighters per card, not six. I'm ahead still after playing semi regularly for... maybe 3 years. That'd estimating of course. I'm not a high roller by any means.

Back