Drone/Doom/Sludge/Stoner Rock appreciation thread

I have fallen in love with Wo Fat over the past few weeks. Don't know how it took a decade to find out about them.

Where you at, Sherdog Doomsters ?

Where you at, motherfuckers ?

Roadburn was FUCKING AWESOME, by the way !

I have no words to describe the intensity of some of the shows I have seen. Neurosis, Amenra, Cult of Luna, Oranssi Pazuzu, Dark Buddha Rising, Usnea, Hell, Chrch, etc.

Looking forward to go back next year. Thinking of taking the girlfriend to Desertfest Athens to introduce her to the music I dig. So far they have Pentagram, John Garcia, Colour Haze and Karma to Burn confirmed. I hope they add something like Electric Wizard and Ufomammut.

I was trying to get some money togethre for this years las vegas psycho. crazy good line up.

Both Album of the Year contenders.

Inter Arma really outdid themselves on this one, and the New Rosis is fucking amazing, although short.

First time checking out this thread. Love me a bit of Doom/Stoner/Sludge.

Been meaning to check out Sleep, been a big fan of Down's NOLA and Candlemass's Nightfall for awhile now.

Tocohara by underrated and less known but still amazing Sludge metal band 16 stylized as -(16)-. This is off their 1996 album Drop Out

One of the best underground Doom/Sludge bands. They only have a demo out, and it kicks ass. There's a strong YOB/Neurosis vibe, but they're mostly doing their own thing. I hope they become big.

@Darwinist If you dig bands like Helmet, Unsane, Floor (their heavier stuff) and to some extent The Melvins.. check these guys out. They're pure badass:

Last edited:
Back