Dumbest fight IQ

Conor in the 1st nate fight. whipping overhands and wheel kicks. truly believed he'd' ko nate

Mir didn’t have the advantage at range lol

And it’s who had the advantage on the ground. Mir couldn’t do Shit to Brock from the bottom.
How can you be sure of that? Carwin was not some kind of technical boxing expert and Mir has put on a few impressive striking performances.

Carwin=/=Lesnar on the ground

How can you be sure of that? Carwin was not some kind of technical boxing expert and Mir has put on a few impressive striking performances.

Carwin=/=Lesnar on the ground
Carwin was a much better boxer and striker than Mir. And it wasn’t just from the clinch.

Mir initiated the clinch because he knew this. At least with the clinch he could try to drag it to the ground and avoid Carwins power shots (which ended up backfiring obviously)

Carwin was a much better boxer and striker than Mir. And it wasn’t just from the clinch.

Mir initiated the clinch because he knew this. At least with the clinch he could try to drag it to the ground and avoid Carwins power shots (which ended up backfiring obviously)
He would have been much better off attempting to shoot where he could pull guard if he had to instead of trying to drive Carwin to the fence and dirty box with one of the best dirty boxers and biggest power puncher in the division

He would have been much better off attempting to shoot where he could pull guard if he had to instead of trying to drive Carwin to the fence and dirty box with one of the best dirty boxers and biggest power puncher in the division
Agreed. Or maybe tried to use a lot of footwork and kicks. But I just don’t think he could keep that up, he wasn’t THAT mobile and light on his feet

AJ trying to wrestle DC TWICE!!

Honorable Mention: Kevin Lee grapple Fucking Barboza the whole fight then trying to stand in striking range and getting it with a wheel kick. Damn I wish Barboza would have KO’d him with that!

Agreed. Or maybe tried to use a lot of footwork and kicks. But I just don’t think he could keep that up, he wasn’t THAT mobile and light on his feet
That's true, but there is no denying that what he did was the dumbest possible strategy.

Not quite as dumb, but I got pretty upset watching the first Condit vs Kampmann fight for a similar reason. Condit was winning every striking exchange, but he would repeatedly grab Kampmann in the Thai clinch and Kampmann took him down every time. I don't think I've ever been as flustered watching a fight.

DC vs Stipe recently. DC had that fight in the bag, but his ego took over and he lost the fight. He lost his last fight, which he knew he could win, which makes it so much more painful. Now he has two unfinished business and he is 40 and ready to retire.

How did he have the fight in the bag? Rounds 2 and 3 both men did damage.. 2 judges had the fight 2-1 DC. Then Stipe whooped him in the 4th. He is not wresting Stipe for 5 rounds. Stipe is too good a wrestler. DC would waste too much energy. That big TD he got in round 1 he is not doing for 5 rounds.. He tried a TD in round 3 and Stipe easily shrugged him off..

How did he have the fight in the bag? Rounds 2 and 3 both men did damage.. 2 judges had the fight 2-1 DC. Then Stipe whooped him in the 4th. He is not wresting Stipe for 5 rounds. Stipe is too good a wrestler. DC would waste too much energy. That big TD he got in round 1 he is not doing for 5 rounds.. He tried a TD in round 3 and Stipe easily shrugged him off..

Stipe wasn't getting up in R1. As far as cardio goes, both seemed gased early on.

Wrong. DC was gassed and after round 2 he was unable to take Stipe down.

Miocic ate everything DC thew at him. Stipe was just thougher and more powerful that night.

Yest, Sleepe was tougher that noght, but there are no evidence that DC couldn't have his way for 5 rounds. Maybe if he comes out with some back injury that didn't allow him to repeat round 1.

Nah, title is "dumbest" fight IQ. Cat chose to strike against a grappler. That's not dumb.

Sure she could have chosen a less risky strike, but actually choosing to grapple with a superior grappler, like Mike Perry taking down Cowboy to choose one of many examples, is significantly dumber than choosing to strike with one, as Cat did.
Cat has notoriously bad fight IQ. Not just The Ronda fight. Watch how she kept losing the grappling exchanges against Pena. Yet she initiated the clinch every chance she got.

Back