Media Dustin Poirier Speaks About Retirement, McGregor, BSD Fight and More: "Any Fight Could Be My Last One. Win, or Lose."

The fight doesn’t make sense at all but I’d be down to see Poirier kick Conrats ass again

2016? He was still easily breaking 1million + PPVs in 2021 for a trilogy with Poirier that everyone kept claiming no one wanted to see.

If you want to make a point his popularity has decreased, you should at least go with 2021 instead of 2016, since he was still the biggest star selling massive PPVs in 2021.

He's still the most talked about fighter in 2024, he's still being called out by all the biggest stars around his weight class, everyone is still trying to fight him, he's still the most googled fighter, he still gets 400k likes for anything he mosts on instagram, and he still gets the biggest response on twitter, facebook, and instagram.

Is he still the biggest superstar in 2024? All the analytics say yes.
He might be but no one wants to see a 4th fight where Conor gets his ass beat lol. Christ on a cross, I know you think he's the best thing ever based on the join date and double yellows but a title shot involving Conor in 2024 is next to lame. People want to see the best compete against the best. No more sideway freakshows involving this 1 trick pony.

He might be but no one wants to see a 4th fight where Conor gets his ass beat lol. Christ on a cross, I know you think he's the best thing ever based on the join date and double yellows but a title shot involving Conor in 2024 is next to lame. People want to see the best compete against the best. No more sideway freakshows involving this 1 trick pony.

PPV and ratings are definitive proof of what people want to see.

PPV and ratings are definitive proof of what people want to see.
The casuals such as yourself perhaps but that doesn't mean it's leading to PPV buys. Everyone streams regardless if your leprechaun is on a card or not. I thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

The casuals such as yourself perhaps but that doesn't mean it's leading to PPV buys. Everyone streams regardless if your leprechaun is on a card or not. I thought that was obvious, but apparently not.
MMA has a pretty cancerous fan base unlike any other sport.

It’s the only sport where old fans create insults for other fans for not being as hardcore into the sport as them. “Casuals” lol

Dont like it when fighters talk like this...

MMA has a pretty cancerous fan base unlike any other sport.

It’s the only sport where old fans create insults for other fans for not being as hardcore into the sport as them. “Casuals” lol
Stay on topic, kid. This isn't about cancerous fans which between the two of us, it isn't me. It's about you thinking a 4th fight between Conor and Dustin making sense which it doesn't.

Stay on topic, kid. This isn't about cancerous fans which between the two of us, it isn't me. It's about you thinking a 4th fight between Conor and Dustin making sense which it doesn't.

I am on topic, you are the one resulting to name calling “casuals”. And anything the fans want to see make sense. The vast majority of fans would be down to pay for a fourth fight between Conor and Dustin.

I am on topic, you are the one resulting to name calling “casuals”. And anything the fans want to see make sense. The vast majority of fans would be down to pay for a fourth fight between Conor and Dustin.
Says who? Some random guy on Sherdog? You aren't speaking for the majority and lol at taking 'casual' as an insult. Someone has used that on you before, I already know. If you are thinking that's an insult, well where there's smoke there's fire ;)

Says who? Some random guy on Sherdog? You aren't speaking for the majority and lol at taking 'casual' as an insult. Someone has used that on you before, I already know. If you are thinking that's an insult, well where there's smoke there's fire ;)

You saying “casuals such as yourself” is clearly meant to be a insult you can be disingenuous about whether or not you meant it as a insult but it’s pretty clear what you meant.

Also says who? The millions and millions who tune in every time Conor posts something on twitter.

Who says Conor isn’t popular? You? Some random guy on sherdog that thinks poirier and Conor won’t sell to the fans?

You saying “casuals such as yourself” is clearly meant to be a insult you can be disingenuous about whether or not you meant it as a insult but it’s pretty clear what you meant.

Also says who? The millions and millions who tune in every time Conor posts something on twitter.

Who says Conor isn’t popular? You? Some random guy on sherdog that thinks poirier and Conor won’t sell to the fans?
Literally can't think of anything original to say for yourself. That's adorable.

You aren't coming off as intelligent as you think you are. I've given my answers from his last relevant win, to streaming services, to your fanboyism and you are just going round in circles <Lmaoo>

If Dustin loses he's 1 money fight from retiring.

Or a crossover boxing match from retiring.

When you talk retirement, you are DONE. Fighters end up invariably with an inability to be self aware of their decline. If he's talking retirement, then expect him to get ko'd tonight and to lay his gloves on the mat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back