DWCS 2020 Week 3, Tuesday Aug. 18, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given out at the end of DWCS 2020 Week 3?

• Total voters

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
dwcs-2020-w3-jpg.792123

Dana White's Contender Series 2020 Week 3

Broadcast: ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass (int'l)
Date: Tuesday Aug 18 2020
Time: 8 PM ET/5 PM PT/1 AM UK
Number of Fights: 5

NOTE: We are implementing LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically. If you encounter any issues with Live Threads, please contact an administrator.

Dana White Contender Series Week 3:
170: Victor Reyna (11-4) vs. Louis Cosce (6-0)
115: Cheyanne Buys (4-1) vs. Hilarie Rose (4-1)
170: Orion Cosce (6-0) vs. Matt Dixon (9-0)
265: Josh Parisian (12-3) vs. Chad Johnson (6-1)
155: Kevin Syler (10-0) vs. Kenneth Cross (10-3)

Contender Series Weigh-in Results:
Victor Reyna (170.5) vs. Louis Cosce (170)
Cheyanne Buys (115.5) vs. Hilarie Rose (115.5)
Orion Cosce (170.5) vs. Matt Dixon (170.5)
Josh Parisian (265.5) vs. Chad Johnson (215)
Kevin Syler (156) vs. Kenneth Cross (155.5)

1935.png

You can place some bets with your Vcash here

fc9RiCD.png

Last edited:
Should be a good one this week.
I have some questions.

Is Chad Johnson vs Josh Parisian the biggest weight difference in modern UFC history? Johnson is 215 and Parisian in 265...

Louis and Orion Cosce..... Brothers?
What if one wins and one loses? AWKWARD...

I don't know anything about either girl, but oddsmakers seem pretty high on Cheyanne Buys...

I remember Kevin Syler as a blue-chip FW prospect, will he still be good at LW? And can he get the submission and the contract?

I have some questions.

Is Chad Johnson vs Josh Parisian the biggest weight difference in modern UFC history? Johnson is 215 and Parisian in 265...

I don't know anything about either girl, but oddsmakers seem pretty high on Cheyanne Buys...

I remember Kevin Syler as a blue-chip FW prospect, will he still be good at LW? And can he get the submission and the contract?
Great observations. I’m not sure why anyone weighing in at 215 would take a fight at heavyweight. You’d think he’d have the ability to cut to MW because I’m assuming he didn’t even diet or begin cutting and is just walking around at 215.

The two brothers are both underdogs but I’d love to see another set of bro’s in the ufc. Contracts are plentiful right now so they may just need to get the W

Great observations. I’m not sure why anyone weighing in at 215 would take a fight at heavyweight. You’d think he’d have the ability to cut to MW because I’m assuming he didn’t even diet or begin cutting and is just walking around at 215.

The two brothers are both underdogs but I’d love to see another set of bro’s in the ufc. Contracts are plentiful right now so they may just need to get the W
Well, he looks pretty huge in his Fight Finder pic, and he's listed at 6'2.
1595286268Chad_Johnson.jpg

I'm just spitballing here, maybe he's slimming down for LHW, but took the Contender Series fight because it's a great opportunity.

Of course, if he gets his head caved in, maybe it wasn't the best move.

I read an article about the Cosce brothers. Orion is a year older. It'll be interesting to see if his fight result affects his brothers mindset.

Matt Dixon has a good record, I wasn't that impressed with the last LFA performance of his that I saw, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I have some questions.

Ya it will be a little akward if one of the brothers win but they seem to be really close thou. Imo the womans fight is a lot closer then the odds are showing, i think Buys could overwhelm Hilarie with combinations but imo Hilarie has a better jab and great takedowns and on the ground she is better. Allthou Buys has a great armbar. Could go either way imo i am leaning towards Hilarie.

Kevin is the much better technical fighter but he looks like he is 2 weight classes below Cross, it looks like he hasnt lift a weight in all his life. I got some money on Kevin but its a close fight, if Kevin can survive the first round he should have a good chance to win this. Dont know about the weight difference but i got money on Parisian he should take this. If it stays standing he is winning this but he has really bad takedown defense but he should be able to find Chads chin at some point in the fight, + Chad looks to be in the worst fighting shape i have seen him and Parisian the best...

Should be a great night of fights curious to see how good the Cosce brothers really are since there is like zero footage almost online.

missed last week, this week my body is ready

lets go

Somehow, it was a really unremarkable episode (2 stopapges due to injury even) where somehow every single one of the contestants got a contract.

IN!

Just wish they would only give contracts that are truly deserved. I'll keep the negativity to myself this time. lols

Got one of these going right now

Screenshot_2020-08-18 Bassilis frozen lasagna - Google Search.png

When it's done i add a bunch of cheese cover it and just let it melt. That with some Garlic bread gonna be good.

A few Tall boys and a few puffs off teh pipe and i'll be all set for the night!

Watching some Fight Pass waiting for the card to start. Stipe Miocic making his debut against Joey Beltran.

Funny to hear Rogan and Goldberg. They are both pronouncing his name Myosick.

Watching some Fight Pass waiting for the card to start. Stipe Miocic making his debut against Joey Beltran.

Funny to hear Rogan and Goldberg. They are both pronouncing his name Myosick.
Going back and watching goldbergs cards always hurts my heart a lil. I miss that guy

The Chad Johnson vs the Virgin Parisian

Back