DWCS 2020 Week 7, Tuesday Sep. 15, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given out?

• Total voters
Have you ever considered that boxrec is wrong?
It might be incomplete but those 14 losses didn't come from nowhere.

Boxrec is one of the most reliable sources for pro fights. Amateur fights are a bit more difficult but she's definitely not 64-9

It might be incomplete but those 14 losses didn't come from nowhere.

Boxrec is one of the most reliable sources for pro fights. Amateur fights are a bit more difficult but she's definitely not 64-9
This^^^

I believe that she has a lot more than 29 wins, but she also definitely has at least 14 losses.

Something about her puts me off.

Quite moronic considering her objective KO rate in the sport of boxing...
I wouldn't expect female boxers to have a lot of KOs anyway but she was an amateur boxer. KOs don't really happen in amateur boxing for a number of reasons

Obviously saying she punches as hard as Poitier sounds pretty dumb

This^^^

I believe that she has a lot more than 29 wins, but she also definitely has at least 14 losses.

Something about her puts me off.
Is it hyping herself as an IBJJF world champion for winning a white belt tournament?

Even DWCS had too much restraint to hype that accomplishment

Wolf is going to be fast-tracked to title contention. Wouldn't be surprised if Holly Holm is the gate keeper they use for the warm-up fight.

All this hype about Wolf's boxing and punching power...

{<jordan}
I mean she rocked her pretty good in the first round if I remember correctly. If she threw more than just a 1-2 to the head it might’ve helped her a bit.lol

Signing Wolf is more about 145 than the fighter herself. If they wanted a decent boxing crossover they could sign Amanda Serrano, who is younger and far more accomplished.

The UFC can't allow Bellator to have the baddest female title that goes with the heaviest class - contested class that is. The thing is Wolf is really a 155 pounder, same as Kayla Harrison. Maybe Dana should just sign Harrison from PFL, declare her the UFC openweight champ - like they did with Ronda - and then put up a million dollar prize for anyone who can beat her. No need to sign anyone to a division, just one off title fights at openweight.

Harrison can fight whoever, Wolf, Anderson or anyone who can escape Bellator - this assumes Nunes has retired - even Gabi if she can pass USADA. It wouldn't cost much, just Harrison's purse and a nominal fee to the challenger, the million dollars (two or three if you like) only gets paid out if Kayla loses - and if that happens you've got a new star anyway.

Wolf is going to be fast-tracked to title contention. Wouldn't be surprised if Holly Holm is the gate keeper they use for the warm-up fight.

I doubt they put her against Holm, Holm would absolutely murder her.

I doubt they put her against Holm, Holm would absolutely murder her.
Boxer vs. Boxer and when is the last time Holm murdered anybody lol Outside of that Rhonda fight, she is a boring ass counter-punching boxer.

Boxer vs. Boxer and when is the last time Holm murdered anybody lol Outside of that Rhonda fight, she is a boring ass counter-punching boxer.

She would just go into ADCC mode like she did against Megan.

Not liking the look of tonight's episode, to be honest.

None of the fights are really tickling my fancy.

I've heard good things about Ulberg. Disappointing that there are only 4 fights.

@Zebra Cheeks we're back!

Me too, but being 2-0 even if he wins I can't see him getting signed outright, it'll be a developmental deal. And he's very green to MMA so I can see him winning a decision, making it even moreso likely that it's a developmental deal for him.

Back