PBP DWCS 2022: Week 1, Jul. 26, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts are given out on Week 1 of DWCS 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You gotta show up on DWCS if you want a contract. That's why this is always so fun to watch.
Agree. This season will get a whole lot better. How many times have they explained what you've gotta do? Many. If they were my potential employees I would have them executed not hire them.

I figured Pleasure Man and Costa would do better but it is what it is.

I think they'll both get there eventually, they're both young.

Gutted about Turkalj, I sense that he will get a UFC fight soon though as a replacement or something.

Fair fucks to Pyfer, only finish on the card and I thought he'd get wrecked because he isn't very good. I imagine he'll get the winner of Pickett/Tiulin for his first fight.

Gutted about Turkalj, I sense that he will get a UFC fight soon though as a replacement or something.

Fair fucks to Pyfer, only finish on the card and I thought he'd get wrecked because he isn't very good. I imagine he'll get the winner of Pickett/Tiulin for his first fight.

Yeah, I think maybe taking a year off and waiting was a mistake. Maybe if he gets a quick LFA fight in with a good finish he can still get on the Sweden card.

Yeah, I think maybe taking a year off and waiting was a mistake. Maybe if he gets a quick LFA fight in with a good finish he can still get on the Sweden card.

Year off was most definitely a mistake. He looked out of sorts and confused despite having his man on the ground for the entire fight. I sometimes worry about these younger guys with massive amateur records, he’s not old by any stretch but there might be some hidden mileage with that gas tank.

Year off was most definitely a mistake. He looked out of sorts and confused despite having his man on the ground for the entire fight. I sometimes worry about these younger guys with massive amateur records, he’s not old by any stretch but there might be some hidden mileage with that gas tank.

Tbh he's a bit arrogant and I think he thought he'd just steamroll the dude, got cracked early, felt that Acacio has more pop than he thought, didn't like it and the wrestling instinct took over.

I'd be surprised if they don't want him overall, I thought he might get a Todorovic like pass where he has a shitty fight but gets signed anyway, but maybe they give him a 2nd chance later in the season. A big, handsome, undefeated, arrogant Swedish dude who's finished every fight before this would seem like something they'd want to be in on usually.

What an underwhelming start to the season. I usually don't side with Dana, but he was kinda right to only give out one contract.

Jus checking in was watching but had company over.

Did poorly my picks but I wasn't sold on Costa and thought Luna might wild card it!

The main was solid, props to Pyfer. Had some reservations on Diaz but felt he had a significant chance.

Till Next!!

<{JustBleed}>

So just one contract? I kinda fell off this card last night...

That was not the best Contender Series episode I have ever seen. I think Buzujka and Turkalj are both UFC calibre, probably Costa too, but I can see why Dana didn't sign them. His little temper tantrum definitely sent a message.

So we get Middleweight Gaethje from this week at least, hopefully next weeks will be better (and we get a full 5 fights as well)

Just watched it, lol at Dana storming off.. the Luna vs. Costa fight was actually pretty cool and both guys have potential. The Swede will eventually end up in the UFC but I agree on only one contract being awarded that night

Just watched it, lol at Dana storming off.. the Luna vs. Costa fight was actually pretty cool and both guys have potential. The Swede will eventually end up in the UFC but I agree on only one contract being awarded that night

I think for all the big talk at some point Costa, Luna, Buzukja and Turkalj all end up there.

Back