PBP DWCS 2022: Week 3, Aug. 9, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given out on Week 3 of DWCS 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s just weird that they’d string along a highly touted prospect that we know they will sign whilst also signing guys who are borderline UFC quality.

It seems like a flex to me.
I really don’t think this is a big deal. Bo will fight again on September 27th at the latest and if he wins that he’s in.

It’s just weird that they’d string along a highly touted prospect that we know they will sign whilst also signing guys who are borderline UFC quality.

It seems like a flex to me.
Nickal didn't seem at all surprised or disappointed. I think he has a contract already and they are using the Contender Series for exposure for him.

Nickal didn't seem at all surprised or disappointed. I think he has a contract already and they are using the Contender Series for exposure for him.
Bo is a star on the Contender Series so it works great. I feel like this introduction has been much better than having him on the UFC prelims or opening a main card.

giphy.gif

I really don’t think this is a big deal. Bo will fight again on September 27th at the latest and if he wins that he’s in.
It's not a "big deal" in terms of controversy. Just gives you a glimpse into how much of the fight game isn't logical/merit-based and actually just a big jerkoff sesh by the promoter.

No he wants a boost in contender series ratings
Not just the ratings. The Ego/UFc authority play.
The more guys like Nickal (elite prospects) are strung thru the Contender Series, the more the UFC/ESPN/Dana can sell the bullshit illusion to fans that somehow by their creative genius, grace, and can-smashing-matches, are the ones who can take credit for any future success of DWCS alumni.

Bisping can kneel down at almost every event going forward, strap his knee pads on, and open wide after shouting into the mic about how guys with 25+ years of combat experience really honed their game during 3 days traveling to do a low-budget telecast in the Vegas suburbs in front of 300 people.

Would be hilarious if Nickal turned around and said 'fuck off, you had CM Punk fight here at 0-0, Mickey Gall at 1-0, Mike fucking Jackson works for you' and signed with Bellator, and became a gigantic star / elite MW.

Especially seeing 2 guys who won decisions get signed outright, one of whom (Pogues) was pedestrian as fuck. I don't 'get' Dana's mindset on this show - if Pogues or Carpenter had fought on episode 1, neither would've been signed.

Silva is 35, well done on the finish, but he'll probably go 1-2/3 and be cut.

Pogues the same. 9-3 now, decision machine. Will likely fight at 205lbs and will go 0-2 and be cut.

Carpenter has some upside, though. He could be pretty good.

I laughed when they said they were going to have to bring Bo back and not sign him. What a joke. Doesn't matter what his Mma record is. He is the exception.

No he wants a boost in contender series ratings
I think that's part of the reason. I'm surprised at some of the negative takes on what Dana is doing with Bo. Yes they can boost the ratings of DWCS since Bo is a stud. Let's also say that Bo is a valuable prospect. Does the UFC want him to be an Aaron Pico? Obviously not. Why put some losses on his record early on. Let him fight in the Contender Series and then make sure he has a few cans early in his career a la Paddy and Sugar Sean. This is a guy that could be champion one day. There's no rush.

Back