PBP DWCS 2022: Week 5, Aug. 23, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given on Week 5 of DWCS 2022? (Guess the right answer and win Vcash!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gross its still trying to talk to me the next day.

trailer-park-boys-blinds.gif

Only guy who I can see being in the UFC long term is Cameron, but he is so raw that he might take a few lumps along the way ala Chase Hooper.

some of the signings are of guys who are barely above good regional level. Dana is getting too generous with these contracts

Saaiman is legit, he's way better than Hooper was, he's probably better than Hooper is right now if we're being honest. Kid is fast, powerful, durable, composed and well rounded. He's UFC Prelim level right now, he's a cut or two above most of the guys on this show.

You saying a taller fighter's main strike is the uppercut shows how stupid you are.

What don't you understand? Lol so a taller fighter uses the uppercut more than the jab is basically what you said.

Idiot.
You need to work on your reading comprehension skills, that is not what @Langinbang187 was saying and you don't know how to read

He was NOT saying that taller fighters throw uppercuts more than they throw the jab

He was saying that in one specific situation, namely, at range in the center of the ring, the uppercut is more effective when a taller fighter is throwing it at a shorter fighter. It is less effective in that situation when the shorter fighter is throwing it at the taller fighter.

He was also saying that when standing at range in the center of the ring, the lead uppercut is not a particularly good way to set up an overhand right.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills, that is not what @Langinbang187 was saying and you don't know how to read

He was NOT saying that taller fighters throw uppercuts more than they throw the jab

He was saying that in one specific situation, namely, at range in the center of the ring, the uppercut is more effective when a taller fighter is throwing it at a shorter fighter. It is less effective in that situation when the shorter fighter is throwing it at the taller fighter.

He was also saying that when standing at range in the center of the ring, the lead uppercut is not a particularly good way to set up an overhand right.

Honestly the only reason I even wasted my time continuing to reply to that retard was because I was absolutely hammered.

Despite you being as concise as reasonably possible, he's still not going to grasp.

Dude is dumb as fuck.

Gones and saiiman are the only ones that'll make an impact in their divisions. The others look like fodder

No he was not stating the uppercut in "one specific situation" is more effective lol. He said the uppercut is PRIMARILY used by taller or longer individuals. Do you know what the word PRIMARILY means? Did you even read his quote before you decided to enter yourself into this conversation? Do you even have any comprehension skills? Lmao like are you ok? Here is his dumbass quote.

The uppercut is primarily a range strike utilized by taller, longer individuals, sir...

Where the fuck you see anything about him saying "the uppercut is more effective when a taller fighter is throwing it at a shorter fighter. It is less effective in that situation when the shorter fighter is throwing it at the taller fighter", he states it is PRIMARLY used by taller fighters. The uppercut is not PRIMARLY used by any height or "longer" individuals, please look up the word PRIMARILY before you say anything else dumb. You need to learn how to read yourself.

Last edited:
Honestly the only reason I even wasted my time continuing to reply to that retard was because I was absolutely hammered.

Despite you being as concise as reasonably possible, he's still not going to grasp.

Dude is dumb as fuck.

You're a fucking idiot and could never take a punch in your life.

You're also a Jake Paul fan haha.

No he was not stating the uppercut in "one specific situation" is more effective lol. He said the uppercut is PRIMARILY used by taller or longer individuals. Do you know what the word PRIMARILY means? Did you even read his quote before you decided to enter yourself into this conversation? Do you even have any comprehension skills? Lmao like are you ok? Here is his dumbass quote.

Where the fuck you see anything about him saying "the uppercut is more effective when a taller fighter is throwing it at a shorter fighter. It is less effective in that situation when the shorter fighter is throwing it at the taller fighter", he states it is PRIMARLY used by taller fighters. The uppercut is not PRIMARLY used by any height or "longer" individuals, please look up the word PRIMARILY before you say anything else dumb. You need to learn how to read yourself.

Yes dude, I read the entire thread before I responded to you. How many times did @Langinbang187 tell you "that's not what I said" or that you were misunderstanding him?

The context of this whole discussion was Laura Sanko saying Amanda should throw a lead uppercut to overhand right combo while they were standing at range in the center of the Octagon.

Let me rephrase that quote for you:

"The uppercut, when thrown as a range strike, is primarily utilized by taller, longer individuals against shorter opponents."

Nobody is denying that shorter fighters can be very effective with throwing uppercuts from in close.

You're a fucking idiot and could never take a punch in your life.

You're also a Jake Paul fan haha.

Dude, you've exposed yourself as a complete and total illiterate at this point.

Just pack up the L and move on.

<{cuts}>

{<jordan}

Last edited:
Yes dude, I read the entire thread before I responded to you. How many times did @Langinbang187 tell you "that's not what I said" or that you were misunderstanding him?

The context of this whole discussion was Laura Sanko saying Amanda should throw a lead uppercut to overhand right combo while they were standing at range in the center of the Octagon.

No, it wasn't a misunderstanding. It's just I didn't care about anything this FOOL said after he said that.

You could definitely set up the LEAD uppercut in the middle of the ring at RANGE where you can TOUCH your opponent, what the fuck are you not getting here? Let me be more specific since neither of you clearly has ever had a fight before and just watch them from your TV's at home.

Laura Sanko said this "Amanda should set up that overhand, if she can throw a uppercut in front of it or something to disguise it as she's continuing to look for that", what part of this do you NOT understand? Amanda and Gomes are the exact same height. Amanda had success landing the overhand right on Gomes the entire fight if you watched it, she just didn't have the power to finish and only threw the jab to overhand the entire time, they have only a 1 inch reach difference meaning a lead uppercut to overhand right could definitely land. Setting it up was not a problem as she was already landing the overhand successfully. You two are taking it as Amanda is just going to throw it NAKED when Laura specifically said if she could SET it up. It's sad I have to go this deep into context, but you two never threw a fucking meaningful punch in any type of combat to understand that's what Laura meant. It's hilarious. Did you want Laura Sanko to fully go into detail on how to setup the Lead Uppercut to Overhand right combo? Would that have been better for you to understand? You're a fucking Novice on a Karate forum acting like you know what you are talking about. Please shut the fuck up.

Let me rephrase that quote for you:

"The uppercut, when thrown as a range strike, is primarily utilized by taller, longer individuals against shorter opponents."

Nobody is denying that shorter fighters can be very effective with throwing uppercuts from in close.

I love that you are rephrasing his quote when it's what HE said?

He is an idiot and tried to explain it differently once he realized what he said didn't make any fucking sense.

You rephrasing it also proves what he said made ZERO sense. Thank you.

No SHIT the uppercut is gonna be a "RANGED" strike when utilized by someone taller to a shorter fighter, but is it PRIMARILY thrown by taller fighters? Keyword: PRIMARILY. Which is what HE said before, you REPHRASED it for him? LMAO thanks for proving my point. Saying it is PRIMARILY utilized by taller fighers makes absolutely NO sense and proves the guy is STILL an idiot.

Last edited:
Dude, you've exposed yourself as a complete and total illiterate at this point.

Just pack up the L and move on.

<{cuts}>

{<jordan}

I still got you responding to me 3 days later for making you look like a fucking clown.

I love it.

Gervonta "Tank" Davis is almost shorter than all of his opponents and utilizes the uppercut in the pocket almost knocking out anyone in the ring he's faced with it.

It is not primarily a "range strike"

Fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Gervonta "Tank" Davis is almost shorter than all of his opponents and utilizes the uppercut in the pocket almost knocking out anyone in the ring he's faced with it.

Is it not primarily a "range strike"

Fucking idiots.

"
No, it wasn't a misunderstanding. It's just I didn't care about anything this FOOL said after he said that.

You could definitely set up the LEAD uppercut in the middle of the ring at RANGE where you can TOUCH your opponent, what the fuck are you not getting here? Let me be more specific since neither of you clearly has ever had a fight before and just watch them from your TV's at home.

Laura Sanko said this "Amanda should set up that overhand, if she can throw a uppercut in front of it or something to disguise it as she's continuing to look for that", what part of this do you NOT understand? Amanda and Gomes are the exact same height. Amanda had success landing the overhand right on Gomes the entire fight if you watched it, she just didn't have the power to finish and only threw the jab to overhand the entire time, they have only a 1 inch reach difference meaning a lead uppercut to overhand right could definitely land. Setting it up was not a problem as she was already landing the overhand successfully. You two are taking it as Amanda is just going to throw it NAKED when Laura specifically said if she could SET it up. It's sad I have to go this deep into context, but you two never threw a fucking meaningful punch in any type of combat to understand that's what Laura meant. It's hilarious. Did you want Laura Sanko to fully go into detail on how to setup the Lead Uppercut to Overhand right combo? Would that have been better for you to understand? You're a fucking Novice on a Karate forum acting like you know what you are talking about. Please shut the fuck up.

I love that you are rephrasing his quote when it's what HE said?

He is an idiot and tried to explain it differently once he realized what he said didn't make any fucking sense.

You rephrasing it also proves what he said made ZERO sense. Thank you.

No SHIT the uppercut is gonna be a "RANGED" strike when utilized by someone taller to a shorter fighter, but is it PRIMARILY thrown by taller fighters? Keyword: PRIMARILY. Which is what HE said before, you REPHRASED it for him? LMAO thanks for proving my point. Saying it is PRIMARILY utilized by taller fighers makes absolutely NO sense and proves the guy is STILL an idiot.

He rephrased it for you in an attempt to dumb things things down for you, and be more considerate to your lack of basic conprehension skills.

Tldr ; Amanda got her shit stomped in rounds 2 & 3, Gomes was clearly the more effective striker, with far more power. Gomes was the superior striker from in tight, and in range, and she did boast a reach advantage on top of it. Amanda had no success with her loopy overhand right, her best tool was the straight ring hand, there's a pretty substational difference between the two strikes.

You keep calling people "idiots" like a clown, but the irony is that this entire embarrassing ordeal you're currently engaged in stems from your inability comprehend the English language.

You notice how there was no comma or period at "the uppercut is a range strike" ?

It's because the sentence didn't end there, and it wasn't the direct cause of address.

We were discussing range striking, and if you're throwing an uppercut from range, in the middle of the octagon(which is exactly where they were when Laura suggested the uppercut setup)it certainly helps when you hold the reach advantage.

You keep preaching about having a modicum of knowledge about striking, yet scoffed when I suggested a simple jab, or even a feint might be a better set up for a shorter, less skillful fighter at a serious power disadvantage, at range.

You're stupid, and your striking takes are idiotic on top of it.

This isn't a complex statement, and I'm not even sure who you're attempting to argue with at this point in regards to your laughable, yet pitiful incoherent rant about Tank being effective at utilizing the uppercut from the INSIDE.

At first I thought you were just heavily intoxicated, at this point I've genuinely accepted you as the illiterate forum retard.

<{clintugh}>

Tldr ; Amanda got her shit stomped in rounds 2 & 3, Gomes was clearly the more effective striker, with far more power. Gomes was the superior striker from in tight, and in range, and she did boast a reach advantage on top of it. Amanda had no success with her loopy overhand right, her best tool was the straight ring hand, there's a pretty substational difference between the two strikes.

EVEN DC said Amanda had much success with the Overhand right in Round 2.

DC is at ringside watching the fight with a better view than us both. I'm also watching Amanda land the overhand successfully, she had problems landing it in Round 3. Which is why Laura Sanko said she should set it up.

So let me guess. You know better than Sanko and DC now, right? Sanko would slap the dog shit out of you, buddy.

Once again, you are just saying shit that makes no sense, looking fucking stupid.

I can make you look dumb all day, kid. Please keep it coming.

We were discussing range striking, and if you're throwing an uppercut from range, in the middle of the octagon(which is exactly where they were when Laura suggested the uppercut setup)it certainly helps when you hold the reach advantage.

You keep preaching about having a modicum of knowledge about striking, yet scoffed when I suggested a simple jab, or even a feint might be a better set up for a shorter, less skillful fighter at a serious power disadvantage, at range.

You've been sitting in this thread for over 40 minutes and this is all you typed up?

I didn't say the feint/jab wouldn't work, that comes with setting it up, like LAURA SANKO SAID. IDIOT.

Do you not understand how setting up punches work?

The reach advantage was only one inch. ONE. Do you know what the fuck one inch is and how it isn't that much of a big deal, especially when the fighters are the same height?

Clearly you don't because you never fought anyone a day in your life.

The reach advantage was NOT that much of an advantage to be able to SET up (Keyword: Set) an uppercut to overhand right when the fighters have almost the same reach AND when the overhand right was having success.

No shit Gomes was the better striker, but that's not what we're talking about here, you fucking shit stain.

It's funny you said you were only responding to me on Saturday due to you being hammered, but here you are, still giving me attention because you're getting shit on.

I love it here.

Last edited:
EVEN DC said Amanda had much success with the Overhand right in Round 2.

DC is at ringside watching the fight with a better view than us both. I'm also watching Amanda land the overhand successfully, she had problems landing it in Round 3. Which is why Laura Sanko said she should set it up.

So let me guess. You know better than Sanko and DC now, right? Sanko would slap the dog shit out of you, buddy.

Once again, you are just saying shit that makes no sense, looking fucking stupid.

I can make you look dumb all day, kid. Please keep it coming.

You've been sitting in this thread for over 40 minutes and this is all you typed up?

I didn't say the feint/jab wouldn't work, that comes with setting it up, like LAURA SANKO SAID. IDIOT.

Do you not understand how setting up punches work?

The reach advantage was only one inch. ONE. Do you know what the fuck one inch is and how it isn't that much of a big deal, especially when the fighters are the same height?

Clearly you don't because you never fought anyone a day in your life.

The reach advantage was NOT that much of an advantage to be able to SET up (Keyword: Set) an uppercut to overhand right when the fighters have almost the same reach AND when the overhand right was having success.

No shit Gomes was the better striker, but that's not what we're talking about here, you fucking shit stain.

It's funny you said you were only responding to me on Saturday due to you being hammered, but here you are, still giving me attention because you're getting shit on.

I love it here.

The issue wasn't the suggestion of setting up an overhand, it was that I wasn't particularly fond of her recommendation of utilizing a lead uppercut, particularly in the middle of the octagon against a significantly better striker, with a reach advantage.

Amanda had poor striking skills, was gassed and getting pieced up from the outside nearly the entire time the fight was on the feet. The reach advantage may have been one inch, but the skill gap had Gomes utilizing her range significantly better, while Amanda repeatedly came up short on her strikes.

DC did not say Amanda had "much success" with the overhand you lying turd, he referenced the single time, one of the 50 looping overhands she threw actually landed in round 2 and stated that "she could use more strikes like that"

She landed one flush overhand in a 15 minute fight, was countered flushly throwing multiple times in the round, and you are actively lying about what Daniel Cormier stated now in a desperate, sad attempt to add merit to a deluded take.

Also you referencing 1-0 Laura Sanko as if she's some sort of striking encylopedia was beyond cringe.

"I love this place so much"

Who are you trying to convince? Because you come across as somebody who is totally unhinged and taking this L very personally.

I'm off work and having some beers and watching some football. If I want to tune in here and poke you a little bit, whats wrong with that? You're clearly an unintelligent emotional mess, I kind of enjoy exposing it more and more.

Also, Saturday? This is the Contender Series retard.

<36>

Cope.

Last edited:
The issue wasn't the suggestion of setting up an overhand, it was that I wasn't particularly fond of her recommendation of utilizing a lead uppercut, particularly in the middle of the octagon against a significantly better striker, with a reach advantage.

Amanda had poor striking skills, was gassed and getting pieced up from the outside nearly the entire time the fight was on the feet. The reach advantage may have been one inch, but the skill gap had Gomes utilizing her range significantly better, while Amanda repeatedly came up short on her strikes.

DC did not say Amanda had "much success" with the overhand you lying turd, he referenced the single time, one of the 50 looping overhands she threw actually landed in round 2 and stated that "she could use more strikes like that"

She landed one flush overhand in a 15 minute fight, was countered flushly throwing multiple times in the round, and you are actively lying about what Daniel Cormier stated now in a desperate, sad attempt to add merit to a deluded take.

Also you referencing 1-0 Laura Sanko as if she's some sort of striking encylopedia was beyond cringe.

"I love this place so much"

Who are you trying to convince? Because you come across as somebody who is totally unhinged and taking this L very personally.

I'm off work and having some beers and watching some football. If I want to tune in here and poke you a little bit, whats wrong with that? You're clearly an unintelligent emotional mess, I kind of enjoy exposing it more and more.

Also, Saturday? This is the Contender Series retard.

<36>

Cope.

The overhand right still landed a few times in the second, it doesn't always have to be "loopy", you imbecile.

It doesn't matter dumbass, Laura Sanko telling Amanda to set up the overhand right with an uppercut instead of just throwing it naked, still made SENSE. You just wouldn't understand due to your shit fighting IQ being low.

Your dumbass saying the uppercut is an attack that's primarily used by taller fighers is still the stupidest thing I've read on this website.

Laura Sanko has a better striking IQ and fighting knowledge than you'd ever have and still made sense with her statement. She's 1-0 and you are what? A shit bag at home on your windows XP saying you're done responding to a guy on a forum, but STILL continuing to respond days later. That's the biggest L.

Get fucked.

The overhand right still landed a few times in the second, it doesn't always have to be "loopy", you imbecile.

It doesn't matter dumbass, Laura Sanko telling Amanda to set up the overhand right with an uppercut instead of just throwing it naked, still made SENSE. You just wouldn't understand due to your shit fighting IQ being low.

Your dumbass saying the uppercut is an attack that's primarily used by taller fighers is still the stupidest thing I've read on this website.

Laura Sanko has a better striking IQ and fighting knowledge than you'd ever have and still made sense with her statement. She's 1-0 and you are what? A shit bag at home on your windows XP saying you're done responding to a guy on a forum, but STILL continuing to respond days later. That's the biggest L.

Get fucked.

It landed ONCE, at the end of the round when Gomes was against the cage, and it was a looping pile of shit with no power behind it.

Less meltdowns, more watchey for u next time.

"DC even talked about how she was having much success with the overhand right!"

<TrumpWrong1>

Laura Sanko isn't going to fuck you, no matter how hard you white knight for her on an internet forum, but I hope for your sake she sees this and gives you a crumb of pussy out of pure pity.

Though I suspect the whole being illiterate thing may make that an unreasonable expectation as well.

retard-alert-alerte-au-gogole.gif

Last edited:
It landed ONCE, at the end of the round when Gomes was against the cage, and it was a looping pile of shit with no power behind it.

Less meltdowns, more watchey for u next time.

"DC even talked about how she was having much success with the overhand right!"

<TrumpWrong1>

Laura Sanko isn't going to fuck you, no matter how hard you white knight for her on an internet forum, but I hope for your sake she sees this and gives you a crumb of pussy.

Though I suspect the whole being illiterate thing may make that an unreasonable expectation as well.

retard-alert-alerte-au-gogole.gif

It landed more than once that round, bud.

Laura Sanko also would never fuck you, but she would definitely slap the shit out of you and has a higher IQ than you still.

Uppercut boy.

Back