DWCS Season 6, week 7 had some great fights

Aside from episode 1 every single episode this season has absolutely delivered.

The Bonfim Brothers, Abbasov, Ikram Aliskerov Cameron Saaiman and Bo Nickal have been the prospects I've been the most excited for this entire season.
Half those guys are prospects by definition (not many fights but show tons of promise)
Half are elite, ranked-level foreign guys the UFC forced into the contender series because the UFC doesn't want to pay top fighters with tons of experience.

Last edited:
Don’t say that out loud or you will be accused of being a shill and a bootlicker by the edgy Sherbros
Well are the fights fun or not?

you have those same people complaining that izzy is boring. Complain about the best fighters being boring, complain about the worst fighters not deserving spots on the roster despite providing an entertaining product.

People are always going to find something to complain about. gotta live with it.

Dana has the right idea with contender series find young exciting fighters to fill out cards
I mean yes; that's literally what the goal always is lol: put on exciting fights. The question is which cards and at what payscale and vs. what opponents.
We didn't need the Contender Series to use the Bonfims to fill out a card. If Dana had wanted to pay them; their fights could have easily been on a fight night card at least, and have skills to clearly more than hang with the top fighters. Are we as random hardcore fans still benefitting from them being on the series? Hell yea. I just got to watch some top dudes on a Tuesday night for free. But stepping back, it sucks because nobody got paid for it and nobody besides us saw a FOTN war and an insane Von Flue.

Whereas last week we had an actual great example of guys Dana should find in Sedrique Dumas. Someone without a ton of tape, less training, but young, hungry and natural upside who actually developed their career by taking their first "big" fight by going on the series.

I mean yes; that's literally what the goal always is lol: put on exciting fights. The question is which cards and at what payscale and vs. what opponents.
We didn't need the Contender Series to use the Bonfims to fill out a card. If Dana had wanted to pay them; their fights could have easily been on a fight night card at least, and have skills to clearly more than hang with the top fighters. Are we as random hardcore fans still benefitting from them being on the series? Hell yea. I just got to watch some top dudes on a Tuesday night for free. But stepping back, it sucks because nobody got paid for it and nobody besides us saw a FOTN war and an insane Von Flue.

Whereas last week we had an actual great example of guys Dana should find in Sedrique Dumas. Someone without a ton of tape, less training, but young, hungry and natural upside who actually developed their career by taking their first "big" fight by going on the series.
There are plenty exciting and skilled fighters that can't get that push, DWCS gives them that spotlight. I didn't know who these bonfims were until yesterday. NOW I can see them on a fight night card, but not before that. No one is going to be excited to see a fighter that they have not heard of.

Consider it a gift just for us hardcores. we all know lower level fights have a greater tendacy to be exciting than often strategic top level fighters. Just know that with these bonfims, you saw em first on contender series and now you're excited to watch them on the next UFC fight night, which is exactly what that series looks to do. Hopefully they fight off that contender series contract and get a huge pay raise with more exciting performances like O'malley and Holland have in the past.

There are plenty exciting and skilled fighters that can't get that push, DWCS gives them that spotlight. I didn't know who these bonfims were until yesterday. NOW I can see them on a fight night card, but not before that. No one is going to be excited to see a fighter that they have not heard of.

Consider it a gift just for us hardcores. we all know lower level fights have a greater tendacy to be exciting than often strategic top level fighters. Just know that with these bonfims, you saw em first on contender series and now you're excited to watch them on the next UFC fight night, which is exactly what that series looks to do. Hopefully they fight off that contender series contract and get a huge pay raise with more exciting performances like O'malley and Holland have in the past.
After last night, casual fans have no more clue who the Bonfims are than before.

After last night, casual fans have no more clue who the Bonfims are than before.
yes but you and I do.

That's who this contender series is for. not the casuals.

Hardcores talk, casuals listen. They aren't a part of the conversation yet.

The UFC is looking to get these fighters exposure to the hardcores first, then introduce them to the casuals.

Half those guys are prospects by definition (not many fights but show tons of promise)
Half are elite, ranked-level foreign guys the UFC forced into the contender series because the UFC doesn't want to pay top fighters with tons of experience.
Nobody was forced into the Contender Series.

Nobody was forced into the Contender Series.
So the Bonfims were offered real UFC contracts and decided "nahhh I'd rather do a Tuesday night smoker for the hardcores on Sherdog!" instead?

So the Bonfims were offered real UFC contracts and decided "nahhh I'd rather do a Tuesday night smoker for the hardcores on Sherdog!" instead?
No, they were offered DWCS tryouts and gladly accepted.

UFC almost never directly hires people anymore majority of fights either come in through contenders or are late notice replacements. There very few exceptions

I don't know who anybody is. Too old and busy yelling at the sky to remember names but I love DWCS, except for Gianni.

I didn't think that many contracts would be handed out last week but they were. It's been a contractathon these past few weeks. I wonder how many will have to fight another DWCS first time in the octagon at this rate.

The Abbasov vs whoever that was super enjoyable. The 2 finishes were great.

UFC almost never directly hires people anymore majority of fights either come in through contenders or are late notice replacements. There very few exceptions
Yes, because it's their new contract-control scam.
1 less full pay fight.
1 more chance to pay almost nothing and hopefully cancel out as many foreigners as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back