DWCS Season 6, week 7 had some great fights

Yes, because it's their new contract-control scam.
1 less full pay fight.
1 more chance to pay almost nothing and hopefully cancel out as many foreigners as possible.

I'm not sure it's cancelling out foreign fighters well, there's been 54 non American debutants this year against 27 American ones.

I'm not sure it's cancelling out foreign fighters well, there's been 54 non American debutants this year against 27 American ones.
Exactly my point? Having two top foreigners with big records fight each other for 5k means you only have to sign one of them, and for cheap.

There's a reason a mexican woman like Melissa Martinez is signed directly to fight on a PPV card w/ 7 career fights with a 3 year layoff and no UFC fights, while guys like Bonfim and Abbasov have to fight on a Tuesday in front of nobody.

Exactly my point? Having two top foreigners with big records fight each other for 5k means you only have to sign one of them, and for cheap.

There's a reason a mexican woman like Melissa Martinez is signed directly to fight on a PPV card w/ 7 career fights with a 3 year layoff and no UFC fights, while guys like Bonfim and Abbasov have to fight on a Tuesday in front of nobody.

I don't think it's for cheap (unless you mean the first fight), if they took the DWCS deal they'd have taken the basic deal anyway. They're not getting Shara Bullet, Mineev, Soldic or anyone like that for that price.

They have quotas for foreigners anyway, I don't think DWCS is really any different for foreign fighters than US ones. The quota especially on Russian fighters is wrong, but I don't think it's a DWCS issue more an issue as a whole.

They have quotas for foreigners anyway, I don't think DWCS is really any different for foreign fighters than US ones. The quota especially on Russian fighters is wrong, but I don't think it's a DWCS issue more an issue as a whole.
This is literally my point lol.
Pairing up top guys helps them manage their quota and do it for as cheap as possible, and makes the losers of these fights less signable by other orgs.

This is literally my point lol.
Pairing up top guys helps them manage their quota and do it for as cheap as possible, and makes the losers of these fights less signable by other orgs.

It doesn't really seem to make them less signable. Bellator etc pick these guys up all the time as do the UFC themselves quite a lot.

Even with direct signings it's foreign ones at 22 and US ones at 13, which doesn't suggest to me that it's a tool used to suppress foreign signings, otherwise they wouldn't sign more foreign fighters than US ones directly.

Back