DWCS Week 3 thoughts and observations

gaffbyknees2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. I find myself looking more forward to this show every week. I really like how they show each fighters road to their dream and we get to see it all come to a head live. The tag line "the worlds most intense job interview" really is dead on.

2. First the chick fight I was looking forward to due to the intense stare down was a bit of a let down. Polish girl looked ehhh and the other girl looked worse. Next

3. Clayton Carpenter really sounded like the was doing a batman voice impression in the pre fight video lol Both guys actually looked great and i'd say both are UFC ready. I think there are definitely some fighters in the UFC that have less skills than both those guys. That fight was probably good for both of them because it humbled Carpenter a little and I think Chairez will only get better. Hope he gets another shot.

4. The next fight showed us what all of sherdog already knew - Erik Silva is a hot young prospect.

5. The HW fight was kind of boring to me. Majority of it seemed like a sparring match. Pogues does have really fast hands for a man that size but I think he was severely lacking in the aggression department. His opponent was a blown up LHW and honestly if he lost weight probably wouldn't have a problem making MW. Pogues himself should be at 205lbs. Renato had some good leg kicks and decent fundamental striking but I didn't see anything special that night. I was actually surprised Pogues even got a contract. I think Dana was in a good mood and the fact that he already said No once to Pogues and HW is so thin greatly worked in his favor.

6. I've followed Bo's wrestling career for a while and even thought i'd love to see him transition to MMA so when he did I was excited to see the progress. I honestly think this guy will be champion within 2 years. I am not sure if 185 is right for him. He looks a tad small for 185 and welterweight may suit him better but make no mistake this dude is special. Not just physical capabilities but he seems to have a champions mindset. He doesn't give a shit about a contract his goal is to become the #1 p4p fighter in the world. Will he achieve it?? Who knows but it's gonna be fun to watch him try and I think he will become something really special in mma.

Fuck yea can't wait till the next episode!

Reactions: Gio
Back