DWTNCS 5: Baghdasaryan V Buzukia

I can offer up a bit of info on Tucker lutz

all of his pro fights have been for the Baltimore based shogun fights. He trains at ground control. The owner of ground control, John Rallo owns/runs shogun fights.

Rallo is a Renzo Gracie black belt, so he’s plugged into the jersey/ny mma scene. He was supposed to be on tuf season 2 but he blew out his knee.

So I guess you could say ground control is known for jiu jitsu. Binky Jones used to be a bjj instructor but I don’t know how active he is now since retiring from fighting

with all that said lutz is a “champ champ” of shogun fights. Make of that what you will, but I’ll say shogun fights isnt necessarily bringing in top flight talent for lutz.

fortunately for him his opponent has beaten just two fighters with a winning record, and looks like an inexperienced regional bum whereas at least lutz has a jiu jitsu game and positional grappling.

Not many fighters have success in this Maryland Virginia dc area, probably because of lack of coaching and also lack of talent. Lots of government work in these areas. Guess people don’t really need to fight. There’s been a few successful boxers to come out of Baltimore but not much else.

Last edited:
Lines aren't out yet. Im very interested in the main event. Buzujka is from around my way. Trains regularly w dvalishvili, Albanian, etc. Guy hes fighting is kickboxing from cali who appears to have a little more experience and age. I dont know much about him but looks like a good contest. There is hype around buzukja but he is the local guy , looks like a good fight
Edit: I meant to type Aljamain not Albanian. Very ironic spellcheck tho as hes representing Albania out of staten island NY. Ill leave it up there lol

Lines aren't out yet. Im very interested in the main event. Buzujka is from around my way. Trains regularly w dvalishvili, Albanian, etc. Guy hes fighting is kickboxing from cali who appears to have a little more experience and age. I dont know much about him but looks like a good contest. There is hype around buzukja but he is the local guy , looks like a good fight
Edit: I meant to type Aljamain not Albanian. Very ironic spellcheck tho as hes representing Albania out of staten island NY. Ill leave it up there lol

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know anything about his grappling game? Seems to have legit TDD but hasn't displayed any offensive grappling or sub skills in his fights that I've seen.

Lines dropping and lutz is -400. Seems pretty wide but there’s very limited tape on these two.

a guy fighting out his entire professional career on the Baltimore mma scene coming out of a Baltimore gym probably shouldn’t be a -400 here.

Lol his head coach is booking his fights

But like I was saying before, his jiu jitsu should be pretty good. His gnp looks super weak from tape. A lot of these Gracie guys are position over submission and they use strikes to set up openings for submissions

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know anything about his grappling game? Seems to have legit TDD but hasn't displayed any offensive grappling or sub skills in his fights that I've seen.
Doubt he would need TDD in this matchup ..
Looks to have slight size advantage in this matchup. Rolling around w aljo and dvalishvili id assume he has edge on ground if it goes there. From wat i know he's more of a striker. Maybe if he gets outstruck by the kickboxer he takes fight to ground. I dont know much. I will ask some ppl that know him and train w him but im leaning on buzukia at an even money bet

2000 total on buzujka at -105, -110 and -120
800 on Lutz -205
250 on knight -110

I dont have props on my sites. I like knight by KO.
I expect that buzujka line to balloon to at least -160. If lutz price comes down. I'll risk a little more. Think buzujka is the money here, hes the well rounded guy altho younger

800 on Lutz -205
250 on knight -110

I expect that buzujka line to balloon to at least -160. If lutz price comes down. I'll risk a little more. Think buzujka is the money here, hes the well rounded guy altho younger

why so confident on buzujka?

Got Jose Johnson at -175. Very experienced. Fast, fluid striking. Doesn’t telegraph much. Accurate

I like Ronnie Lawrence too but he throws way too many spinning back kicks and he had problems with the speed of armfield. Fortunately for him armfield slowed down after rd 1.

Jose is going to be hard for him to deal with

Last edited:
800 on Lutz -205
250 on knight -110

what’s your unit size?

Not sure why flicks line flipped like it did, but I’ll take it.

why so confident on buzujka?
More paths to victory. More complete fighter. Super explosive looks locked in and ready. If he's outgunned striking, which I doubt would be by any extreme margin, he can mix it up i feel great camp. Plus he's the hometown guy. I gota support my city. Plus at the weigh in I get the vibe buzujka is the stronger guy. Looked slightly bigger maybe an inch taller... he was Aljos cornerman last fight. So he already knows wat being in the cage with no fans feels like years of experience with iaquinta, aljo, dvalishvili,... im gona assume there's a huge advantage on the mat for who looks like the slightly bigger stronger guy

what’s your unit size?
Not sure exactly wat a unit is. My game plan usually is start playing small parlays throughout the week. Like say I take the Yankees with hunter azure, the avalanche with jalin turner etc... i do 50, 100 bets all over the place. Plus I lock in larger bets on ufc. That way I get in my fix on all other sports. But ufc and boxing are my huge moneymakers. I've learned that I can't stop gambling football baseball etc so this is how I mitigate it lol. Having said that. In the short time Ufc was the only sport u can bet on. I did make 20 grand lol. Julian Erosa KO over sean woodson I had 250 on plus Erosa for like another 1000. I went on an absolute tear for a couple months

Not sure why flicks line flipped like it did, but I’ll take it.
U in on flick? I see the line dropping. Im considering going w the elevation guy if line gets close to even. Also very interested in the under in that fight as I expect a stoppage victory either way

Back