EA rumored to be bringing back Fight Night video game series ***Nope, it's PGA Tour***

I get the love for Undisputed 3, but EA MMA was a mess. Compare that game to any Fight Night title.. not even in the same ballpark.
Hard to argue your second part. FN round 4's slip system & counter punching system was way ahead of it's time. Holds up well even today.

Fight Night or Def Jam would be p4p.

Its confirmed Dead Space 1 remake
From the EA website:
July 20 at 10:00am PT / 7:00pm CET: More EA SPORTS!

Look, we’re not allowed to tell you much about this one yet, sorry. But we can say this Spotlight will highlight an extremely cool new addition to an extremely popular and long-running EA SPORTS franchise. We may have said too much already. Just keep your calendar free, OK?

From the EA website:
July 20 at 10:00am PT / 7:00pm CET: More EA SPORTS!

Look, we’re not allowed to tell you much about this one yet, sorry. But we can say this Spotlight will highlight an extremely cool new addition to an extremely popular and long-running EA SPORTS franchise. We may have said too much already. Just keep your calendar free, OK?
It looks like its gonna be NCAA Football kinda disappointed theyll probably just copy and paste Madden 2010 like theyve been doing

Deadspace remake is coming doe

But I dont get my hopes up for EA

It looks like its gonna be NCAA Football kinda disappointed theyll probably just copy and paste Madden 2010 like theyve been doing

Deadspace remake is coming doe

But I dont get my hopes up for EA
NCAA was already announced as returning earlier this year. Seems weird they'd make two announcements.

NCAA was already announced as returning earlier this year. Seems weird they'd make two announcements.
Hopeful that what ever they pick we will be a ground up redesign except Fight Night that just needs some modern updates

eSports looks great, I hear everything plays pretty well but the punches feel weird, i'm sure they'll work on it... Dev team seem to be making it for the right reasons and the Roster is ace imo.

Into the damage
maxresdefault.jpg

And they have Canelo now.

I feel like ESBC pretty much killed the need for a new Fight Night.

Gotta wait and see how it plays. Definitely looks good, but it's a fine art to get those controls down. That total analog control scheme FN has, is gonna be tough to top. I hope they just copy it for the most part, instead of trying their own thing and potentially getting too complex for their own good.

NBA Street Vol.2

Fight for NY

Fight Night round 4

All of those games were amazing. If it's not fight night, hopefully it's def jam. Probably fight night though, because EA is feeling the pressure from ESBC.

Sports games are garbage these days because they have no competition and fans continue to buy the same recycled clones year after year. ESBC gives me hope that either EA gets it together, or ESBC sets the new standard for boxing games.

The truth is though, they are probably looking at this recent boxing surge into the mainstream with tik-tokers, rappers, and youtubers. Throw something out there for people to play, sprinkle some micro-transactions and DLC characters and people will eat it right up.

Looks badass

Gotta wait and see how it plays. Definitely looks good, but it's a fine art to get those controls down. That total analog control scheme FN has, is gonna be tough to top. I hope they just copy it for the most part, instead of trying their own thing and potentially getting too complex for their own good.
Personally I hated the analog control scheme and preferred one of the configs in Fight Night 3 which used the face buttons for strikes more typical of other fighting games. I agree though, control options are absolutely crucial, and ESBC needs to prove itself I just hope they give you multiple control options and don't pigeon hole you into a certain style like FN ultimately did as my favorite control scheme was left behind in FN3.

Personally I hated the analog control scheme and preferred one of the configs in Fight Night 3 which used the face buttons for strikes more typical of other fighting games. I agree though, control options are absolutely crucial, and ESBC needs to prove itself I just hope they give you multiple control options and don't pigeon hole you into a certain style like FN ultimately did as my favorite control scheme was left behind in FN3.
I only used the buttons in Fight Night Champion, I could never be bothered to learn how to use the sticks.

Keep in mind since Fight Night Champion EA's #1 priority has been finding ways to 'monitize' their sports games. They've may have tried it with their non-sports games (Dead Space 3) but thankfully they failed and in recent years they've made microtransaction-free games (Jedi Fallen Order) but their heel is still pressing the petal to the floor on all their sports games.

If there's ANY microtransaction in the single-player I'm out. The biggest annoyance with FN games in the past have been the annoyingly tough mini-games to get stat boosts before fights. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever EA increases the difficulty even further and says 'Hey, you can skip these training games and still get the stat boots if you pay us $$$. If you don't and fail the training games repeatedly your boxer won't stand a chance!'

And for those who have been begging for an updated Fight Night Online, be careful what you ask for. Wouldn't be surprised if its as infested with microtransactions and lootboxes as Fifa or Madden.

Keep in mind since Fight Night Champion EA's #1 priority has been finding ways to 'monitize' their sports games. They've may have tried it with their non-sports games (Dead Space 3) but thankfully they failed and in recent years they've made microtransaction-free games (Jedi Fallen Order) but their heel is still pressing the petal to the floor on all their sports games.

If there's ANY microtransaction in the single-player I'm out. The biggest annoyance with FN games in the past have been the annoyingly tough mini-games to get stat boosts before fights. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever EA increases the difficulty even further and says 'Hey, you can skip these training games and still get the stat boots if you pay us $$$. If you don't and fail the training games repeatedly your boxer won't stand a chance!'

And for those who have been begging for an updated Fight Night Online, be careful what you ask for. Wouldn't be surprised if its as infested with microtransactions and lootboxes as Fifa or Madden.
Yeah the loot box system has killed sports games for me, I would only play Fight Night for a cool single player campaign mostly

They missed an entire console generation not giving a fuck about boxing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the threat of ESBC is enough to make them rethink letting Fight Night die despite being a commercially and critically successful series.

This is the best boxing in the whole world that I have ever played.
I used to have an Xbox 360, my brother and I used to play it all the time.

Yeah the loot box system has killed sports games for me, I would only play Fight Night for a cool single player campaign mostly

They COULD do something great with the online multiplayer.

It could be like Starcraft 2 in which players are in different leagues (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond) based on skill level and you have to work your way up the rankings.

Imagine the gigantic tournaments they could do, with prize money.

I just doubt EA would play it smart, and would rather play it greedy.

I really doubt it’s going to be boxing - anything is possible but from what I understand they seem happy with the UFC license.
I personally hope they don’t make a boxing game, FN were good back in the day no need to reanimate it’s corpse and parade around a microtransaction filled shell of a once great franchise.

Also I hate to be that guy but knowing EA, if it’s a boxing game I doubt it will be good. It would come off as desperation IMO. Especially considering they skipped a whole console generation, and now that ESBC is coming down the pipe in the next year or so they want to make a boxing game? Yeah I doubt it’s going to be anything but a rushed mess with some big name boxers like Fury and Wilder.

Got to be Fight Night... right? Surely....

That series was great. Huge failure on my part was never being ever able to defeat Isaac Frost :-(

Back