EAAs

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?.....especially in pill form. I'm trying to get some 0 carb protein w/o artificial sweeteners

For what reason are you needing to supplement essential amino acids? Is your diet really that bad?

I'm not sold on them but that's just me. I think if you're getting sufficient protein in bolus amounts, adequate calories, and are sleeping well then you should be making progress and recovering just fine. The only thing they're gonna hurt is your wallet if you find out they aren't making a significant difference.

Try them and let us know what results you get.

Are EAAs better than BCAAs? Yes.

Are EAAs worth the extra cost? Maybe.

Can you get all your AAs from a high protein diet of quality meats and fish? Certainly.

If you really want the fastest absorbing aminos for during or immediately after training and can afford it go for it.
Ultimately however timing is less important than overall nutritional intake.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I like intermittent fasting and don't want artificial sweeteners that are in protein shakes. I was thinking that this would be a good way to keep up protein synthesis

I remember seeing some studies somewhere that showed EAA and BCAA are kind of a waste of time and don't stimulate protein synthesis more than a regular protein supplement, provided you have enough high quality protein in your diet. I'll have to see if I can find them.

Whey isolate/concetrate already has a very high EAA content so, from what I remember, extra supplementation doesn't really do anything if you're already eating a decent amount of protein per day (1g/lb of BW or so). There's plenty of whey protein isolates with very low/0 carb content and no sweeteners, probably cheaper and will get you closer to your daily protein goals, unlike EAA pills. Off the top of my head I know Isopure and Naked whey. Of course you could also get your protein from food to the same effect. And why are you trying to avoid sweeteners? I don't think they make much of a difference in anything.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I like intermittent fasting and don't want artificial sweeteners that are in protein shakes. I was thinking that this would be a good way to keep up protein synthesis
I would of thought that having a protein shake or amino acids would be breaking your fast, and unless you're doing long (24hr+) fasts it is pointless imo.
I'm a big IF fan and only have water during the fasts.
There are lots of sweetener/additive free protein powders (any paleo supps for example) that are cheaper than EAAs for a post fast drink. Again tho whole foods are best.

You can get pretty cheap whey protein isolate with Stevia, if you're trying to avoid sweeteners.

Back