Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Another disappointment.

https://wccftech.com/elden-ring-polishing-dark-souls/

"Francesco Fossetti, editor for long-running Italian publication Everyeye, recently talked about the current state of the next game by From Software, saying that it is currently in the polishing phase. Apparently, the game's development was completed months ago and it would have already been released if the current pandemic did not disrupt plans.

Fossetti also added that Elden Ring has been in development for over 4 years, and hinted that it will be very similar to Dark Souls."

https://wccftech.com/elden-ring-polishing-dark-souls/

"Francesco Fossetti, editor for long-running Italian publication Everyeye, recently talked about the current state of the next game by From Software, saying that it is currently in the polishing phase. Apparently, the game's development was completed months ago and it would have already been released if the current pandemic did not disrupt plans.

Fossetti also added that Elden Ring has been in development for over 4 years, and hinted that it will be very similar to Dark Souls."

Hard to believe we haven’t nt seen shit on this game. I hope it’s true though.

honestly, the less marketing, the better IMO. The gaming industry is highly susceptible to hype not living up to its expectations.
Same. I'm as excited as a mfer for this game but have also been trying to keep my expectations in check by assuming it's still years away. I wish they wouldn't say anything until they have a firm release date.

Same. I'm as excited as a mfer for this game but have also been trying to keep my expectations in check by assuming it's still years away. I wish they wouldn't say anything until they have a firm release date.
I've been watching marketing in the gaming industry for a while now, and try to put myself in the shoes of the devs. Here are my takeaways:

- The consumer base are some of the most cutthroat out there, and will unanimously decide a game is awful upon seeing a single gameplay trailer.
-the consumerbase will turn on a company completely with 0 forgiveness, upon receiving a bad product, even if all previous products were unanimously praised.
-Consumers have a massive internet community, where they overhype upcoming games to the point where its nearly impossible for the product to live up to expectations.

My proposal:
-Less is more: Marketing so far out from the release date will only lead to anticipation and over-hype
-Show more gameplay demos and less pre-rendered advertisements.
-Start marketing no more than 6 months prior to release

I've been watching marketing in the gaming industry for a while now, and try to put myself in the shoes of the devs. Here are my takeaways:

- The consumer base are some of the most cutthroat out there, and will unanimously decide a game is awful upon seeing a single gameplay trailer.
-the consumerbase will turn on a company completely with 0 forgiveness, upon receiving a bad product, even if all previous products were unanimously praised.
-Consumers have a massive internet community, where they overhype upcoming games to the point where its nearly impossible for the product to live up to expectations.

My proposal:
-Less is more: Marketing so far out from the release date will only lead to anticipation and over-hype
-Show more gameplay demos and less pre-rendered advertisements.
-Start marketing no more than 6 months prior to release
Agreed completely. Social media has a tendency to blow things out of proportion so beware the hype machine. Six months or less is a good time frame. And I really don't like pre-rendered teasers. Give me gameplay footage so I can see the mechanics and how the game performs on real hardware. Hopefully we see some soon.

This game is the next-gen 'Death Stranding,' but instead of Kojima who's previous finished products were widely praised by his fans... this game's 'cult of personality' figurehead is George RR Martin, who hasn't finished a product his fans actually wanted for the last 10 years.

This game is the next-gen 'Death Stranding,' but instead of Kojima who's previous finished products were widely praised by his fans... this game's 'cult of personality' figurehead is George RR Martin, who hasn't finished a product his fans actually wanted for the last 10 years.
Yeah, ol GRRM slacking off on his programming.

Except its being developed by one of the 3 best devs in the industry at the moment, and if anything its a Miyazaki project.

Ill bet my left ass cheek that this game will be a masterpiece.

I doubt GRRM has much if anything to do with the game’s delay. All he was doing was helping a bit with the story as a bit of a consultant, he wasn’t even writing it. It’s probably a combination of Covid and them not wanting to release a messy, buggy unfinished game.

Back