Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They probably don’t have any update to give. They’re probably having production troubles so they’re just going to keep out of the limelight for a while rather than admit they’ve got nothing to show for the last year of work.
It’s just so bizarre. Not even a leak? Some weirdo with insider knowledge saying they're in development hell? Stuff gets out constantly from major developers.

And yeah, one would assume if everything was moving along that we’d have some concrete updates.

Whole situation is strange.

It’s just so bizarre. Not even a leak? Some weirdo with insider knowledge saying they're in development hell? Stuff gets out constantly from major developers.

And yeah, one would assume if everything was moving along that we’d have some concrete updates.

Leaks don’t seem to happen as often in Japan as in America. I think the expectation is if you’re caught leaking you have to commit seppuku.

Japanese companies and their employees have entirely different relationships than western ones. When Japanese companies go through financial hard times everyone takes a paycut so that everyone gets to continue working at the company for ex. You don't see japanese CEO's taking multimillion dollar payouts while laying off 20% of their companies. Morale is very high and so they don't stab their companies in the back.

Japanese companies and their employees have entirely different relationships than western ones. When Japanese companies go through financial hard times everyone takes a paycut so that everyone gets to continue working at the company for ex. You don't see japanese CEO's taking multimillion dollar payouts while laying off 20% of their companies. Morale is very high and so they don't stab their companies in the back.
<JackieThumbsUp>

I know Jackie is Chinese but you get the idea.

10F33756-FCD8-4D4D-8343-0D910D7EB515.jpeg

“A recent photo showing fromsoft lead developer hidetaka miyazaki demoing Elden Ring gameplay to an unidentified group has gone viral. It appears that Elden Ring has gone the ‘battle royal’ route as the screenshot shows two characters dropping from the sky into an arena (ring?) of some sort. Speculation is running rampant as souces are claiming up to 100 players of different classes will drop from the claws of a giant crow and battle their way to the center of the Elden ring where the winner will kindle the first flame. When pressed for comment miyazaki would neither confirm nor deny the rumors but said “we know that the West loves the battle royale format and we think our vision for Elden ring will satisfy everyone’s expectations.”

View attachment 794924

“A recent photo showing fromsoft lead developer hidetaka miyazaki demoing Elden Ring gameplay to an unidentified group has gone viral. It appears that Elden Ring has gone the ‘battle royal’ route as the screenshot shows two characters dropping from the sky into an arena (ring?) of some sort. Speculation is running rampant as souces are claiming up to 100 players of different classes will drop from the claws of a giant crow and battle their way to the center of the Elden ring where the winner will kindle the first flame. When pressed for comment miyazaki would neither confirm nor deny the rumors but said “we know that the West loves the battle royale format and we think our vision for Elden ring will satisfy everyone’s expectations.”

<[analyzed}>

The proof is right there in the photo. You really think someone would just make up lies on the internet? Elden ring battle royale confirmed and you’re lying if you say it wouldn’t be fun. Also bloodborne kart will be revealed soon

You do understand the idiot twins pushed GRR out in season 7 and he was so disappointed in season 8 he was on a media touring basically saying “none of that is how I would have handled it” in the middle of season 8 right? At no point does the fall from season 7 to 8 represent him or his efforts. If anything he tried to lobby against it with his own time and energy.
HBO should have pushed those idiots out. From what I know they wanted to go to 10 seasons, or something close to that. GRR wanted more episodes too. They could have brought different showrunners in.

Coulda woulda shoulda.. hindsight is easy after a guaranteed hit goes to shit. We all saw the decline after season 5, arguably season 4, but it still delivered. I still liked it up to S7.

HBO obviously felt like they could have pulled it off enough. They can still redo it, make it a Bran dream thing, make some use of his abilities. With the Snyder Cut being pushed by the same owners, anything is possible now, so long as the crew is up for it. What a redemption story that could be!

View attachment 794924

really hoping this is fake.

I guess since this will be on last-gen consoles as well and being open world, there's no way this will look nearly as good as Demon Souls. I hope I'm wrong but they might end up getting upstaged by their own game lol (Not exactly their own but still..).

I guess since this will be on last-gen consoles as well and being open world, there's no way this will look nearly as good as Demon Souls. I hope I'm wrong but they might end up getting upstaged by their own game lol (Not exactly their own but still..).
I have to sympathise with studios seeing titles publish at this time because of the two-generational demands – or expectations. At which point in the past have studios cut losses with the previous-gen playerbase and focused squarely on maximising newer-gen capabilities? Six months, one year, longer?

I'm sure they are having all kinds of issues pushing the envelope while supporting the dated PS4/X1 models. I'd rather they just release on newer systems and perhaps PS4 pro's Xbox one X's. There's probably too much money left on the table for them, but I'd rather wait another year or two for the best possible game.

Back