Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MORE INFO ON Elden Ring Via Miyazaki-San!

Cliffs:

-PVP Confirmed: Invasions and Optional PVP are in the game

-For Invasions there will be a hud markers for the invader so there isnt an endless search for the host in the open world

-Covenants are back

-Rare resources like Embers, Insight and Humanity wont be needed to summon help. It will be more accessible

-The open world can be explored with summons, but summons will leave after a boss is defeated

-No horse riding in multiplayer

-Messages, phantom shadows of other players, and bloodstains are back.

-6 large areas (Kingdoms) in the open world, tackled in any order the user wants.

-Hub area cant be accessed in the start of the game

-Elden Ring has a world map, but dungeons and castles dont have a map

-Catacombs, castles, and fortresses also exist

-Around 10 starting classes to choose from at the start of the game.

-Fall damage has been lowered.

-Stamina bar will be less restrictive. Not sure what that means

-There will be a crafting and item customization system: players can create items via crafting.

-Additional health recovery items aside from a main recovery item.

-No mimic Chests, but there will be similar "surprises."

-Story wont be vague like Dark Souls and bloodborne, will be easier to understand.

-Many optional bosses in the game.

-You can collect "Spirits" which can help you in battle or simply serve as a cute pet (Miyazaki said we may get attached because they are cute)

-There is a larger sense of character examination and Drama in the game and is less abstract as before. There are multiple protagonists in the story aside from the player character

-Miyazaki believes there will be no delay and game will release on time

Last edited:
“as far as I'm concerned, after my 10 years or so of directing games, this really feels like a culmination of everything that I've enjoyed about game development and everything I've brought to this point.”

This quote from the interview got me so hyped. He sounds incredibly confident in this. I just wanna sleep until January 21st.

MORE INFO ON Elden Ring Via Miyazaki-San!

Cliffs:

-PVP Confirmed: Invasions and Optional PVP are in the game

-For Invasios there will be a hud markers for the invader so there isnt an endless search for the host in the open world

-Covenants are back

-Rare resources like Embers, Insight and Humanity wont be needed to summon help. It will be more accessible

-The open world can be explored with summons, but summons will leave after. boss is defeated

-No horse riding in multiplayer

-Messages, phantom shadows of other players, and bloodstains back.

-6 large areas (Kingdoms) in the open world, tackled in any order the user wants.

-Hub area cant be accessed in the start of the game

-Elden Ring has a world map, but dungeons and castles dont have a map

-Catacombs, castles, and fortresses also exist

-Around 10 starting classes to choose from at the start of the game.

-Fall damage has been lowered.

-Stamina bar will be less restrictive. Not sure what that means

-There will be a crafting and item customization system, where users can create items via crafting.

-Additional health recovery items aside from a main recovery item.

-No mimic Chests, but there will be similar "surprises."

-Story wont be vague like Dark Souls and bloodborne, will be easier to understand.

-Many optional bosses in the game.

-You can collect "Spirits" which can help you in battle or simply serve as a cute pet (Yes Miyazaki said we may get attached because they are cute)

-There is a larger sense of character and Drama in the game and is less abstract as before. There are multiple protagonists in the story aside from the player character

-Miyazaki believes there will be no delay and game will release on time

“Story wont be vague like Dark Souls and bloodborne, will be easier to understand”

VaatiVidya’s like

ca4.png

Love hearing that the story wont be vague. One of my biggest issues with Dark Souls games. I like a good story to pull me in. Doesn't even have to be that strong. Sekiro I thought was the perfect amount of story.

If 30h playtime catches your eye – good; it caught mine too. WTF. Inconceivable to me NG would be that short.

Yeah, that seems short for “largest Soulsborne game to date” but maybe that’s what it would take one of the development team. Or maybe that’s just doing the core game and skipping any optional areas and bosses?

Yeah, that seems short for “largest Soulsborne game to date” but maybe that’s what it would take one of the development team. Or maybe that’s just doing the core game and skipping any optional areas and bosses?
You're touching precisely on the mixed marketing I'm getting. Hundreds or thousands of hours in the Soulsborne universe is a norm, the bulk of which coming from maiden NG playthroughs and then challenge runs plus NG+ theorycraft. I've never in my life embarked on a Miyazakian NG that was fini in 30h – more like that two-, threefold. From the way ER is being revealed to us, I was projecting, hell, 4x what we're accustom to. Presumably not unlike you, ER is a buy-or-die for me, be it 30h or 300h, I'm in – but it just seems like a weird benchmark to throw out there if of a dev himself rather bee-lining amongst bosses when it's a largest-to-date entry in your studio's acclaimed oeuvre.

You're touching precisely on the mixed marketing I'm getting. Hundreds or thousands of hours in the Soulsborne universe is a norm, the bulk of which coming from maiden NG playthroughs and then challenge runs plus NG+ theorycraft. I've never in my life embarked on a Miyazakian NG that was fini in 30h – more like that two-, threefold. From the way ER is being revealed to us, I was projecting, hell, 4x what we're accustom to. Presumably not unlike you, ER is a buy-or-die for me, be it 30h or 300h, I'm in – but it just seems like a weird benchmark to throw out there if of a dev himself rather bee-lining amongst bosses when it's a largest-to-date entry in your studio's acclaimed oeuvre.

yeah, it’s confusing, no doubt about it. I’d guesstimate that my maiden NG runs take 45-60 hours for me for the series. Dark Souls 3 in particular was long as I waited till both DLCs came out before I embarked so that may have actually been as long as 70ish hours for the first run.

Or maybe it has to do with how many deaths you have in a run, because that obviously makes up a large chunk of any run through :D

Perhaps 30h is skipping all of the open world content and just going straight to the 6 kingdoms. Miyazaki said he wants the player to be incentivized to explore the open world

I guess I'm in the minority but I think 30h is a good amount of play time. Throw in the typical I can't beat this fucking boss situation I'm bound to run into and by the end of it I'm sure I'll get close to 40-45h.

If 30h playtime catches your eye – good; it caught mine too. WTF. Inconceivable to me NG would be that short.

30? Well that's bad... starting to wonder if the trailer showed the majority of the bosses instead of just one area like Vaati thought.

Hopefully it was meant to say 300.

Hmm, I feel like I usually complete Souls games around that amount. Maybe I’m misremembering.

Hmm, I feel like I usually complete Souls games around that amount. Maybe I’m misremembering.
Demon's Souls is 24, Dark Souls 3 is 32, Bloodborne is 34 according to howlongtobeat.com

30? Well that's bad... starting to wonder if the trailer showed the majority of the bosses instead of just one area like Vaati thought.

Hopefully it was meant to say 300.
Wouldn't surprise me, DS3's trailer showed pretty much all the bosses

Back