Elle Purrier smashes US record on the 2 mile 3rd fastest in history

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I am a fan of distance running and Elle is unlike anyone the US has seen in decades this girl who trains in Vermont continues to demolish the US best including Emma "No limits 'I call her lol'" Coburn who won the bronze 3,000 in China and gold at the worlds. She makes it looks so effortless and her coach has a somewhat different style at training his runners focusing on weight training more and more speed work. She's farmer girl who works on the farm.

The girl she beat has been schooling the world in the 3000m Steeplechase.

Back in 2014 was when she first shocked the Africans who didn't take her seriously. She humiliated them. It was like watching Secretariat teabag the competition:

Again in 2017 at the IAAF:

Getting older. She was unseated in 2019. So we have a hell of showdown looming, I suspect:

It's not a major discipline.

There will be 26 athletics disciplines at the 2021 Olympics, those are the ones I'd consider "major":
  1. 100 Metres
  2. 200 Metres
  3. 400 Metres
  4. 800 Metres
  5. 1500 Metres
  6. 5000 Metres
  7. 10,000 Metres
  8. Marathon
  9. 3000 Metres Steeplechase
  10. 100 Metres Hurdles (women only)
  11. 110 Metres Hurdles (men only)
  12. 400 Metres Hurdles
  13. Decathlon (men only)
  14. Heptathlon (women only)
  15. High Jump
  16. Pole Vault
  17. Long Jump
  18. Triple Jump
  19. Shot Put
  20. Discus Throw
  21. Hammer Throw
  22. Javelin Throw
  23. 20 Kilometres Race Walk
  24. 50 Kilometres Race Walk (men only)
  25. 4x100 Metres Relay
  26. 4x400 Metres Relay (includes mixed gender event)
LOL What's the point of this? No one said it was a "major discipline".

The girl she beat has been schooling the world in the 3000m Steeplechase.

Back in 2014 was when she first shocked the Africans who didn't take her seriously. She humiliated them. It was like watching Secretariat teabag the competition:

Again in 2017 at the IAAF:

Getting older. She was unseated in 2019. So we have a hell of showdown looming, I suspect:

Emma the perfect middle distance runner she never seems to labor through her race arms always perfectly placed not showing signs of fatigue and has nearly a perfect running gate. Unlike someone like Joan Benoit Samuelson who I actually got to train with she seems to work harder to push the pace but breaks world records anyways. The persons I most compare her too is Greta Weiss or Mary Slaney both have a nearly perfect runners gate and seem to float over the road though Greta mostly a marathoner. My training partner took pride in the fact he ran the 5k training run faster then Joan lol. But he set a college record of 14:06 on 5K at Joan B. college.

20waitz-inline1-jumbo.jpg
\
Mary Slaney

220px-Zola_Budd%2C_Mary_Decker%2C_Maricica_Puic%C4%83_1984.jpg

LOL What's the point of this? No one said it was a "major discipline".

It isn't as big of a deal as OP is making out. If the top runners ran the 2 mile distance, Purrier would be irrelevant.

It isn't as big of a deal as OP is making out. If the top runners ran the 2 mile distance, Purrier would be irrelevant.
She smoke checked a Former World Champ in the 3000m steeplechase. 2 Miles is a good litmus test for that because it's slightly longer than 3000m minus the hurdle and water . You sound stupid.

And yet the girl she smoked has been destroying the world's best fields in the 3000m Steeplechase (a 1.86mi distance).

Nobody gives a shit what the state-run doped-to-the-gills Chinese women are doing.

Back