Social Elon Musk slams unregulated Texas power grid operator after moving to Texas to avoid regulation

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

As somebody who grew up in Austin and saw the horrible traffic situation evolve due to the states' idiotic decision not to bypass I-35 around the city, I've been laughing my ass off at all of the pro-Texas propaganda that people have been spouting for the past few years.

Yeah, real estate is cheaper (for now), but the state government is a dysfunctional clownshow which is severely hampered by the post-reconstruction constitution, which was explicitly designed to limit government efficacy because they were afraid of Northern carpetbaggers coming back.

Last edited:
One doesnt = the other

I see a lot of Repubtards saying its the governments fault lol and that the market wouldnt let this issue happen....

I say move to a failed african state or alabama or heck Texas if you want that life. Oh wait..... and yeah Somalia is freerer then Texas right? Muh Taxes and muh government overreach

Elon was just on Rogans podcast talking about how regulation is good and necessary in some instances, and how it’s overbearing and too restrictive in other cases.

a nuanced approach.

Musk likes Texas because the state lets business run amok. That has consequences.

I'd be pissed if they used my money to protect against Tsunami's

Musk likes Texas because the state lets business run amok. That has consequences.
Not exactly. He went bc of taxes and well as regulation.

regulation doesn’t mean businesses are run better. Look at California’s power company PG&E. A disaster of a company due to regulations in some cases, a disaster of a company due to its own negligence in other cases. It can’t even clear brush or cut trees around its lines to the extent that they should be able due to those regulations. The result is disastrous

lol
safe_image.php

We went to Napa for our makeshift honeymoon in September. Rented a car at the San Fran airport and drove out to Napa. SF was about 70% homeless people walking around. On the way home I actually stopped in Berkley, CA for gas because I thought it would be a "nicer" area due to the reputation of the college. It was like 90% homeless people. It was once of the worst places I've ever been.

Not exactly. He went bc of taxes and well as regulation.

regulation doesn’t mean businesses are run better. Look at California’s power company PG&E. A disaster of a company due to regulations in some cases, a disaster of a company due to its own negligence in other cases. It can’t even clear brush or cut trees around its lines to the extent that they should be able due to those regulations. The result is disastrous

This is a very slanted and dishonest explanation for the PG&E brush fire situation.

Yeah, it's true that Brown vetoed a bill that would've increased funding for brush clearing.

However, it was the state that mandated brush clearing in the first place. PG&E didn't want to clear the brush at all and was stonewalling the update of fire maps that indicated problem areas susceptible to fires for more than a decade. If the power company had its way, the situation would've been even worse.

Last edited:
*Laughs in 3-hour commute to a school that's around 35 miles away
But we're still warm mothafuckas!

*Laughs in 3-hour commute to a school that's around 35 miles away
But we're still warm mothafuckas!

Motherfucker, have you ever been to Austin? You think commutes there are short?

I brought up how fucking terrible the traffic is because I-35 and a major state high intersect in the heart of the city because the state refused to address the problem when it was managable and is now stuck with it because the city has expanded so much.

Last edited:
We went to Napa for our makeshift honeymoon in September. Rented a car at the San Fran airport and drove out to Napa. SF was about 70% homeless people walking around. On the way home I actually stopped in Berkley, CA for gas because I thought it would be a "nicer" area due to the reputation of the college. It was like 90% homeless people. It was once of the worst places I've ever been.
70% Homeless in SF and 90% Homeless Berkeley?

Lol! Your wife should divorce you taking her to Skid Row for your honeymoon

Motherfucker, have you even been to Austin? You think commutes there are short?

I brought how fucking terrible the traffic is because I-35 and a major state high intersect in the heart of the city because the state refused to address the problem when it was managable and is now stuck with it because the city has expanded so much.
please go into detail to appease the masochist in me

Elon was just on Rogans podcast talking about how regulation is good and necessary in some instances, and how it’s overbearing and too restrictive in other cases.

a nuanced approach.

Bothsidesism at its finest. :)

Back