Social Elon Musk slams unregulated Texas power grid operator after moving to Texas to avoid regulation

Yeah, real estate is cheaper (for now), but the state government is a dysfunctional clownshow which is severely hampered by the post-reconstruction constitution, which was explicitly designed to limit government efficacy because they were afraid of Northern carpetbaggers coming back.

So texans made texas's government stupid to own the northerners? I feel like history has a way of repeating itself.

We went to Napa for our makeshift honeymoon in September. Rented a car at the San Fran airport and drove out to Napa. SF was about 70% homeless people walking around. On the way home I actually stopped in Berkley, CA for gas because I thought it would be a "nicer" area due to the reputation of the college. It was like 90% homeless people. It was once of the worst places I've ever been.

so you’re saying it has 90% homelessness and you think people are gonna take you seriously when you say dumb shit like this?

This is very slanted and dishonest explanation for the PG&E brush fire situation.

Yeah, it's true that Brown vetoed a bill that would've increased funding for brush clearing.

However, it was the state that mandated brush clearing in the first place. PG&E didn't want to clear the brush at all and was stonewalling the update of fire maps that indicated problem areas susceptible to fires for more than a decade. If the power company had its way, the situation would've been even worse.
More to the case, there are regulations by the state of California that were out in place by people that love the trees just a little too much that it overcame their common sense.

PG&E is forbidden from trimming trees that grow to surround their power lines. This starts fires. Simple as.

We went to Napa for our makeshift honeymoon in September. Rented a car at the San Fran airport and drove out to Napa. SF was about 70% homeless people walking around. On the way home I actually stopped in Berkley, CA for gas because I thought it would be a "nicer" area due to the reputation of the college. It was like 90% homeless people. It was once of the worst places I've ever been.
what a crock of shit
i have family that lives there... stop lying

please go into detail to appease the masochist in me

If you want to torture yourself, go read the Texas state constitution and its hundreds of amendments.

I had to do it for a class when I was an undergrad at UT. I had no idea how ridiculous the state government was until then.

I mean it was literally tents on every corner am I supposed to think they are millionaires?
Actually, SF is relatively tame with their homeless problem. Come to LA and then maybe you can have some leeway with your liberal approach to Homeless statistics

As somebody who grew up in Austin and saw the horrible traffic situation evolve due to the states' idiotic decision not to bypass I-35 around the city, I've been laughing my ass of at all of the pro-Texas propaganda that people have been spouting for the past few years.

Yeah, real estate is cheaper (for now), but the state government is a dysfunctional clownshow which is severely hampered by the post-reconstruction constitution, which was explicitly designed to limit government efficacy because they were afraid of Northern carpetbaggers coming back.

Austin is a shitshow in real estate pricing and the 35 going through the city is a nightmare. Traffic has always been bad. It's actually frustrating because it's worse than places that have 4 times as many people.

please go into detail to appease the masochist in me

Austin has the traffic of Los Angeles with a population of 500,000.

Rush hour on the 10 going out of Houston to Katy is better than traffic through Austin on the 35. The 10 in Houston is 6-7 lanes on either side.

Today you said the Florida coach was responsible for all steroids and concussions in football.

I said that yesterday. And you’re lying again because that’s all you do. Scum bags like you just lie any chance you get.

I said, Meyer is in charge of everything that goes on in the locker room, and all personnel, not in charge of all college football. Unless you think a head coach should turn a blind eye to concussions and pain killers. Man are you a boob.

Back