Economy Employee Rage quits McDonald's over Pay and Headlines National News

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

The photo of the sign quickly took off, with many people not only vocalizing their thoughts on the employee's actions but also cracking jokes about the sign.

Upon first glance, it appears a lot of users were supportive of the employee's bold decision.
"As someone who works at one, kudos to that person for standing up for themselves and getting out of that s*** show," said one commenter in full support of the resignation.

"Can't blame them, working in fast food really does suck," commented another. "For all the crap we have to put up with isn't worth the money we are paid."

This isn’t an isolated incident. Minimum wage workers have been rage-quitting their low-level jobs in mass quantities as businesses begin to open again in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Combined with a need for new hires and a push for working wages, companies have begun to take action.

McDonald’s reported in May that it plans to raise employee wages by 10% in the next few months, based on location.
https://www.newsweek.com/i-am-quitt...ee-sparks-debate-sign-left-drive-thru-1601001

https://www.today.com/food/mcdonald-s-employee-apparently-quits-drive-thru-i-hate-job-t222598

Person should be sued for lost revenues due to their sign. Everyone has to 'make a statement'. Why not just gracefully resign, and go find a job that better meets your needs?

Oh, you only have the skills that qualify you for a McDonald's job? Oops.

<{hfved}>

You didn't take that over a job at NASA, you took it because you have the absolute minimum of all workers. Looking forward to the unemployment expiring and these people didn't take the time to get any advantage to get experience or get promoted while every other short term slacker was also home playing video games. Jackass doesn't realize that getting paid handsomely for staying home isn't permanent.

Hopefully he or she is motivated to get a higher skilled job. Good grief fast food is for children. Quit crying about it.

I find it comical. Who hasn't dreamt of pulling some shit like that at a crappy job. Most have the foresight to realize its not a wise decision but I hope their 15 minutes of fame was worth it to them.

I was a manager at Burger King through my last two years of high school and my first two of college.

There's no doubt that working in fast food is a frantic and unappreciated line of work but to say that the pay isn't worth it, demonstrates how pampered someone is. I was getting paid $6.00 an hour, no overtime, no bonus, doing closing shifts and sometimes taking mid day ones to help pick up the slack.

Ultimately you have to do whatever you can do for money, and if loving what you do is some sort of prerequisite to doing that then I have to say you're pretty fucking fortunate to have gone so far in life while still thinking that's standard fare.

And if you're getting $15.00/hour shut the fuck up, pray that nobody else starts cashing in too and put more fries in

Also if anyone wants some hilarious BK stories let me know

Back