Economy Employee Rage quits McDonald's over Pay and Headlines National News

he said salary.

derp.

That was said but his point holds true if you just replace what he said with the word compensation. You are trying to undercut his point while him nor any of us being aware of complex compensation structure of the CEO. It is dishonest debate and more just playing gotcha to look smart.

So, when McDonald's gets a reference check regarding that employee, how will that go?

That was said but his point holds true if you just replace what he said with the word compensation. You are trying to undercut his point while him nor any of us being aware of complex compensation structure of the CEO. It is dishonest debate and more just playing gotcha to look smart.

you're just arguing to argue. like him, you fucked up by mentioning salary.

worse, you realize the difference between salary and total compensation is "complex," yet pretend it can easily be substituted in. YOU'RE being dishonest.

everything i said was factual.

I think it will just lead to more automation

That's coming regardless. Then the real fun begins. People think they've got it rough now? Wait until these big bad corporations literally don't need anyone to flip their burgers, stock their shelves, drive their trucks, etc. It's something the governments really need to start looking at, laying down some ground rules and figure out some kind of contingency plan, because it's coming sooner rather than later.

First of all people dying in the streets while people live in yachts, is already happening, just because you choose to look the other way or don't pay attn to third world countries, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

2nd of all...."The Smart" which you are referring to, is just the establishment first world privilieged people(It's basically Pay 2 win IRL).....Anyways "The strong" aren't taking care of the the "stupid"(their Scheming/controlling the poor) and saying "the stupid"(Low minimum wage workers/Nerfed people by the system) get in the way of progress is completely delusional/elitist ideas.......If anything minimum wage workers are adding lots of value to the progress of the world...................I rather have a billion "stupids"(Average IQ) than 1000 smarties(Above average IQ), why? #s = possibilities/progress.....the fact you didn't even realize this, makes me realize how much you don't get how Evolution or humanity works.

In the end strength really is a numbers game....possibilities + genetics are great thing....99% of people who aren't 1%s, never even tapped into their genetics/epigenetics potential....So yeah, it would be incredibly stupid to get rid of the "stupids" which are just low wage paid people, you would be getting rid of great possibilities that would advance humanity.

According to you a Manager with a 105 IQ who has gone to school is genetically superior to some newly arrived illegal employee with a 110 IQ who hasn't even tapped his potential.......In your make believe world, we should assume the Manager has the "smart genetics" because he is on top of the 110 IQ Illegal employee......It's a simple example but it seems like this is the way you think, and it doesn't make much sense.

I respect "the elites" and "the normies" and "evolution", I don't ass-kiss any of them, but the distribution of power/wealth is completely bullshit right now, having said that people(normies) love hierarchy/ass kissing....So the rich/powerful will always be a thing, so there will always be "have mores", however we need as a society need to focus on efficiency and not make the gap of Power/wealth be so huge like it is now IMO.
I either didn't explain myself properly or you didn't understand what I wrote. In either case you do not have an understanding of my view because you have mischaracterized it completely. Your sentiment about the manager with an IQ of 105 is way off; that in no way represents my views. I didn't say we don't need "stupid" and I think I put in a qualifier stating that my term "stupid" isn't meant to be derogatory but only a means of designation for ideas in this discussion.

Don't know who you're fighting with but it's not me.

My friend I agree, absolutely- the discrepancy between the ultra rich and really, TRULY, everyone else, including the plain old rich, is horrifying. It's beyond exponential. The CEO of Wal-Mart could lop off a fraction of his salary for just one year, split it into a hundred fragments and solve the problems of a hundred families.

Also agreed that it's an injustice that the top tier personnel get to remove themselves from the conversation of value. The story I told about the guy who ultimately got canned because he added no value, yet took down $200k a year, speaks to that.

There's no doubt that it is immoral for the upper, upper management of a corporation to get that much more money than the bedrock of that business, its workers. Unfortunately I also think it would be just as immoral to force someone to give money to others just because they're suffering. What is the solution? Beats the hell out of me, seriously. Ideally we would have kind, loving people in charge who would simply give to people. I'm not smart enough to devise what structure would best fit such a dynamic (that is optimistic at best), but it would have to start with people caring for other people. It has to. Nothing else is acceptable because nothing else would work without devolving into utter tyranny. People dying in the streets while others have yachts with pools in them with yachts in the pools should not be tolerated. But neither can we tolerate what ultimately amounts to theft, even if there's a Robin Hood factor in it. Therefore it has to be the only thing that can work, the only thing that has ever worked-- the strong being kind and compassionate upon the weak. The smart have to take care of the stupid. I'm not being sanctimonious either. There's a case to be made that we don't need the stupid, and even that the stupid and weak get in the way of progress. But we DO need at least some of the stupid. And we absolutely need to regard all human life as, for lack of a better term, holy. Smart, dumb, weak and strong.

Good and evil, different beast. The situation we're seeing is the result of evil. I denounce the wealth disparity. And yet I truly empathize with people who are super rich. If I were the CEO of Wal-mart would I be inclined to give even a fraction of my wealth away? No way. I'd be spamming bootstraps rhetoric like any of them. I don't think it would be good to say that being super rich is equal to being evil, but I would happily agree that the two often coincide. Maybe being rich turns people evil. Or perhaps, a more depressing thought--- being evil turns people rich.

Shit I don't know what to do. But I know the answer has to be in that realm: that the powerful/rich/smart, need to have compassion upon the weak/poor/simple.

I would make one last addition to my disorganized thoughts here: almost all our politicians are scum. When I talk about not forcing people to do certain things, I make an exception for our so called leaders. They're supposed to be working for us, and they are all working for themselves. That is also evil and I eye that evil as a roach that needs to be stomped.

Unfortunately I also think it would be just as immoral to force someone to give money to others just because they're suffering.

This is where we see it differently.
I don't see this as simply trying to do good and helping people; or unfairly forcing someone to give up money.

These corporations are cheating their workers. They aren't getting these billions of dollars all just from their own hard work. They're using their power to keep people in below poverty wage jobs, keeping them from bargaining for fair wages, killing local competition, and paying off politicians to help keep their monopolies going uninterrupted. I see it as immoral to allow them to do that...especially considering how much corporate money is in our politics. These businesses are all for government when it comes to subsidies, grants, and helping to open foreign markets, but then they want the government to go away when they''re asked to share some of that new profit with the workers.

The $15 minimum wage is an attempt to try and address that. There won't be any compassion coming out of these people, they value their yachts , spaceships, and gold plated toilets above all else.

I can't really see what there is to empathize with when it comes to the super rich. If I was a billionaire, and I was being honest, I would know damn well that I didn't get that billion dollars because I worked a billion times harder than everyone around me. You only get that rich by underpaying and taking advantage of people that don't have the power to force you to be a decent human being.

As you said though, it is a big and complicated problem. I'm not pretending to know all the answers. And this isn't just about wages. People wouldn't need higher wages if there was affordable housing, education, and healthcare.
But a system that is built on never ending growth, short term gain, and money is going to create shitty people and a shitty culture.

This is where we see it differently.
I don't see this as simply trying to do good and helping people; or unfairly forcing someone to give up money.

These corporations are cheating their workers. They aren't getting these billions of dollars all just from their own hard work. They're using their power to keep people in below poverty wage jobs, keeping them from bargaining for fair wages, killing local competition, and paying off politicians to help keep their monopolies going uninterrupted. I see it as immoral to allow them to do that...especially considering how much corporate money is in our politics. These businesses are all for government when it comes to subsidies, grants, and helping to open foreign markets, but then they want the government to go away when they''re asked to share some of that new profit with the workers.

The $15 minimum wage is an attempt to try and address that. There won't be any compassion coming out of these people, they value their yachts , spaceships, and gold plated toilets above all else.

I can't really see what there is to empathize with when it comes to the super rich. If I was a billionaire, and I was being honest, I would know damn well that I didn't get that billion dollars because I worked a billion times harder than everyone around me. You only get that rich by underpaying and taking advantage of people that don't have the power to force you to be a decent human being.

As you said though, it is a big and complicated problem. I'm not pretending to know all the answers. And this isn't just about wages. People wouldn't need higher wages if there was affordable housing, education, and healthcare.
But a system that is built on never ending growth, short term gain, and money is going to create shitty people and a shitty culture.
I suppose maybe I would slightly tweak my sentiment. I should have distinguished between addressing the CEO issue, and the notion of taking away from someone who is in the upper middle class or even high class.

But there's practically nothing you're saying that I can pick at. You're probably a better person than me. If I were a billionaire I would likely have the awareness to understand the nature of my (I hate using this word but it is appropriate in this isolated context) privilege, but lack the compassion to actually do anything about it.

I suppose maybe I would slightly tweak my sentiment. I should have distinguished between addressing the CEO issue, and the notion of taking away from someone who is in the upper middle class or even high class.

But there's practically nothing you're saying that I can pick at. You're probably a better person than me. If I were a billionaire I would likely have the awareness to understand the nature of my (I hate using this word but it is appropriate in this isolated context) privilege, but lack the compassion to actually do anything about it.

I get that. And I think that that is a valid concern, but the 'war' isn't on normal people.
I think even the most lefty lefty really just cares about taking down the obscenely rich people like the Waltons and Bezos that make their billions by underpaying their army of workers...while simultaneously controlling and guiding how we all live with their influence and money.

haha Who knows? I talk a good game now, but who knows what they'd really do/be like if they woke up with a billion dollars in their bank account.
That amount of money can understandably take you out of reality. How can you even relate to a McDonalds worker when you have a billion dollars in your account? Big gov is probably the only hand big enough to Stockton slap some reality back into people when they reach that point.

The $15 minimum wage is an attempt to try and address that.

lolz.

all it does is drop the relative worth of the dollar. in the end, it's the same. shit, in the end - everyone it's supposed to help are actually worse off, anyway. it benefits those who have wealth -and not in dollars, but assets, which don't lose value via the inflation.

but retards never see this. they just think 'hurr durr, i'll make more money! more is better!' without realizing that they'll just have more dollars that are worth less.

the winners are the govt (taxes essentially skyrocket as they collect on capital gains from assets that are the same but now worth more dollars) and banks/real estate/people with few dollars but tons of assets (stock, homes, ammo, etc)

mcdonald's entry-level workers will never be middle class. any bumps to the lowest of jobs (unskilled labor) will only further bump the middle and upper class tiers. ie: if mcdonald's employees get a 100% raise... the middle class will get a 75-150% raise and the upper class gets a 100+% raise. then, years later, people will bitch for a $25 minimum wage and repeat the same idiotic process. and a ford focus costs $50k and a big mac costs $20.

Last edited:
His minimum wage

I don't think people understand nobody is forcing them to work at a fast food place. Go find a different job if you can. I just would temper expectations on pay if you are at the work experience level of fast food.

This isn't supposed to be a career, it's something to start and get work experience which leads to the next thing or helps support you while you train for the next thing.
I am sure that paying for a lawyer to collect a minimum wage paycheck really will end up making sense.

As a practical matter here, I am not sure if life works out like that.
My first job was at Burger King when I was 15. I met a lot of adults that were stuck doing fast food. If you aren't hot enough as a woman to be a waitress or have a strong enough back to do heavy labor as a man and you for whatever reason did not get any skills fast food or another minimum wage spot maybe that is where you are stuck at.
People don't really have enough time to go study when they are trying to survive off minimum wage.
The teens are fine but the 20 and 30 somethings basically are locked in to that job.
Its not like working fast food really is giving you job experience that is going to help you get hired in another job unless that job is entry level as well. The only thing it shows is that you can show up to work which to be fair is something.

Now its fair to say that if you are 30 working at McDonald's you did that to your self and that is not society's problem you are stuck there.
But let's not pretend that staying there is some act of complete free will and that fast food worker has just as much social mobility as anyone else.

Last edited:
lolz.

all it does is drop the relative worth of the dollar. in the end, it's the same. shit, in the end - everyone it's supposed to help are actually worse off, anyway. it benefits those who have wealth -and not in dollars, but assets, which don't lose value via the inflation.

but retards never see this. they just think 'hurr durr, i'll make more money! more is better!' without realizing that they'll just have more dollars that are worth less.

the winners are the govt (taxes essentially skyrocket as they collect on capital gains from assets that are the same but now worth more dollars) and banks/real estate/people with few dollars but tons of assets (stock, homes, ammo, etc)

For once, I actually don't really disagree with you. As I said in a previous post, I"m not really for, or championing an across the board 15$ min. wage anyways.

lolz.

mcdonald's entry-level workers will never be middle class. any bumps to the lowest of jobs (unskilled labor) will only further bump the middle and upper class tiers. ie: if mcdonald's employees get a 100% raise... the middle class will get a 75-150% raise and the upper class gets a 100+% raise. then, years later, people will bitch for a $25 minimum wage and repeat the same idiotic process. and a ford focus costs $50k and a big mac costs $20.
And my pension value shrinks and shrinks, creating a problem down the road. Any money you save, unless you invest it in assets like real estate that float the wave, will die In the tsunami of inflation

Working at McDonald's is a shitty job with poor pay? "IMMIGRANTS!", "DEMOCRATS!", "ENTITLED!" Jesus Christ you guys are beyond repair. McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar company that screws their employees and regulate the tax code to screw society at large as well while wielding incredible political and economic power, and that's all you got?

You worked at a fastfood joint when you were in high school I don't know how many years ago and got shitty pay, and therefor everyone else should just stfu? As if that wasn't a bad argument on it's own, the majority of fast food workers are adults that has to provide for themselves and their families.
Lot of heartless people in here.

Why is this? And when and who decided this?
You can make a career out of anything that people are willing to pay you for.

There's a difference between expecting to be rich vs expecting a livable wage after spending 40+ hours working for a multi-billion dollar company.
Why is it accepted that profitable businesses shouldn't have to pay their employees a fair wage just because the job doesn't require a degree or specialized skill, or it isn't considered a respectable job to society at large?

There is nobody who decided this. That's reality. That is how a free market works. If you are working a job along side a teenager which requires no specialized skills and you want it to be your career and a liveable wage well that is not the world we live in. Sorry. Just because we want something or feel entitled doesnt mean we get it. Go out and better yourself and find a better paying job. If there is something literally holding you back, some type of disorder well that is what government assistance is for and one of the reasons we pay taxes.

How are you supposed to train when it does not even pay enough to live above the poverty line, and you are working a full time job?

Is that a serious question. I know people working full time, going to school, and raising a kid on their own.

You think there is 40 hours in a week?

I am always working on other b.s. out of boredom with all the time I have. I work 40 hours a week.

People don't really have enough time to go study when they are trying to survive off minimum wage.

gtfo with this bullshit.

i was on my own at 16, with rent and utilities and car/insurance payments and etc and still in high school. and did the same through college, while working full-time.

believing that people can't do better than mcdonald's is just a load of shit.

I agree with everything except the last statement. Lots of people coming up through the ranks start at McDonalds. No problem with that. That's what those kind of jobs are for.
People work at McD's because they have to, pretty much. No one out there is dreaming of working at Mcdonalds.

Back