Economy Employee Rage quits McDonald's over Pay and Headlines National News

<{hfved}>

You didn't take that over a job at NASA, you took it because you have the absolute minimum of all workers. Looking forward to the unemployment expiring and these people didn't take the time to get any advantage to get experience or get promoted while every other short term slacker was also home playing video games. Jackass doesn't realize that getting paid handsomely for staying home isn't permanent.

There is work everywhere right now. I was able to land a better job due to the pandemic. I have been working as a carpenter for the last 10 years or so and due to being on unemployment and having my resume posted online a Communications company got a hold of me and offered me a tech job.

I Still had like 30 weeks of unemployment left and I also still had my carpenter job to go back to eventually once the company started building again, but I scooped up the opportunity. It's harder to try and not work right now vs just getting a job.

wtf are you talking about? raising minimum wage =/= livable wage

worse, THAT'S MY POINT.

this again, retorts absolutely nothing that i said.

you can't retort my argument, you resorted to strawman (and hypocrisy), and you're still stuck 3 posts ago... and apparently, without even realizing that raising the minimum wage (and devaluing the dollar) don't magically create a "livable wage" and magic mcdonald's fry cooks into middle class.

<JagsKiddingMe>

it's a laughable degree of ignorance to have and worsened by the shit you just tried to talk.

<BidenShutIt>

...so you're incapable of retorting anything, then? got it.

<LikeReally5>

You are a clown that is more into needing to be seen as right or clever than in looking at how other countries have addressed the same problems. Intentionally ignorant.

You are a clown that is more into needing to be seen as right or clever than in looking at how other countries have addressed the same problems. Intentionally ignorant.

hey, tripling-down on the ad-hom.

still no retort, i see.

{<jordan}

Good. As expected, many defending the multibillionaire corporation because apparently some jobs should just suck and pay shit because... well, that's just the way it should be. I'm sure some of these same people are critical of people like Bozos and Gates. Delicious.

Most McDonald's are franchises. Small businesses essentially. The margins aren't always great because corporate wants money.

If you hate a job you can leave it. Yes we know, working at McDonald's freaking sucks but it's an entry level position where no normal human being would ever expect it to be a career.

Can they even afford to pay workers much more? And why would they? It's a low skilled job with plenty of people who are willing to do it. ( Well at least at one point there were plenty of people) . If they quit they can easily replace them.

Anyway I genuinely believe we should increase minimum wage standards over time based on location. I think the real question is rather how much

Last edited:
If you're an adult, non-student and you're working at McDonald's, maybe you're not as wonderful as you think. Just sayin.......

I’ve never worked in fast food, but it doesn’t seem all that difficult to display you have have half of a brain and get into management where more wages are involved. Every industry is structured the same way as far as entry level and working your way up. With all due respect to fast food workers, it doesn’t take a lot of skills to flip burgers. It’s the new instant gratification BS that is hurting our society. If you want to make money in fast food, put in the work, deal with the BS, and suck it the fuck up until you get into management.

I work in the elevator industry, apprentices start off at $25 an hour, but go through a four year program to become mechanics and then make $57 per hour with great benefits. Point of this is there is money to be made, but you need to put in the work. You apply for a job and accept the job offer knowing your wages. If you don’t like the pay, don’t accept the job.

Watching the boondoggle going on behind the counter after visting a rotten ronnies earlier today I find the argument for 15 dollar min wage a hard one.

I imagine this happens at some fast food chain restaurant somewhere in America on a daily basis

Back