End of an era: The Danaher Death squad is no more

Looks like the two Nicky's, Craig and Ethan are sticking together. Be interesting to see where they go (I'm assuming they aren't staying in PR).

If it was 1721, maybe. Nowadays, I think you could totally find a way to train with him if you REALLY wanted to.
I’m still going to train jiu jitsu, just probably not with Jon Danaher, he’s in Puerto Rico and I have a family and work that depends on me, so I guess I don’t REALLY want to

I'm sure alot of the guys were tired of Gordon's behaviors. He doesn't seem like he would be fun to be around
Weird how john talks about and conducts himself as some throwback martial artist who is all about honour and respect but does or says nothing about gordon.

I guess its a bit of a situation like conor and john k. - you preach about honour and respect but your cash cow (star pupil) can behave anyway he wants and you turn the blind eye.

Maybe you're not aware way out in Australia, but Puerto Rico has been fucked for a long time.

I can imagine it's like Thailand/Bali etc all were back in the day in that you needed to be married to a local to get anywhere and set up a business without getting screwed over out the wazoo.

I smell bullshit, maybe promoting something.

If it was 1721, maybe. Nowadays, I think you could totally find a way to train with him if you REALLY wanted to.

This. In the spoiled modern age of planes trains & automobiles, dreams like this are utterly achieveable. Hell, there’s nothing particularly special about me, I’m just another schmuck on the interwebz, & I managed to do it. If there’s really a will, there’s a way.

I was listening to the BJJ Fanatics podcast with Craig Jones earlier. They are having no luck getting an academy in Puerto Rico. They never get calls back from real estate agents for buildings they look at and everyone keeps trying to ask for ridiculous amounts of money for rent. They are training in a tiny place where they can barely wrestle. I am guessing they will just split between people wanting to go to Texas and people not. Sounds like Tonon mostly will be leaving which makes sense as he is predominantly fighting MMA and would benefit from going to a top MMA gym whilst the others can just grapple. It sounds like Puerto Rico is to blame to be honest. Fuck Puerto Rico.
Yeah, I heard that podcast too and it definitely gave some insight into this situation. I’m from the US and wasn’t really aware of this type of situation.

They had a good thing going but it was probably just a matter of time. Are those that are going to Texas still going to represent dds? Are they going to have like team East and team west?

I can imagine it's like Thailand/Bali etc all were back in the day in that you needed to be married to a local to get anywhere and set up a business without getting screwed over out the wazoo.

The island is a US territory but it's been getting exploited and wrecked by international and mainland business interests for years.

Poor communities forced out of land so it could be flipped into hotels, all that sort of thing.

It got wrecked by a hurricane a few years back, and Trump went out of his way to screw up the relief efforts even further by denying useful aid because the historical business goal has always been to wreck the local economy further so developers could snap up more land while it's cheap and people are desperate.

Weird how john talks about and conducts himself as some throwback martial artist who is all about honour and respect but does or says nothing about gordon.

I guess its a bit of a situation like conor and john k. - you preach about honour and respect but your cash cow (star pupil) can behave anyway he wants and you turn the blind eye.
Does he talk about honor and respect? I had always just sort of assumed that he didn't really care about those sorts of things, to a certain extent. Or that maybe he saw them as outmoded social constructs or something tantamount to that.

Nothing Gordon says is a lie though? He talks shit back to people that start with him.
Now I don't agree with what he says in anyway, but he isn't calling people out and then running away. He is willing to take matches with all these people within No Gi and even offers no time limit. People challenge him and then run it back with all these ruleset changes, gi matches and wanting massive paydays when he is the top guy.
Anyone that goes out and has success against him will massively rise their status. It's a win/win. He is also pretty nice in terms of how he has his matches these days. He isn't going to destroy your knee, tap you to cranks or any of that. It's good solid positional JJ. All these people talking about honour are clubbing people in the head in a BJJ match. Just fight MMA if you want to do that crap.

I don’t see it that way. Someone like Jon Jones for example, talks about what a good guy he is, but then acts like a piece of shit in real life. Whereas Gordon talks a bunch of shit, but then mostly seems to be a good guy in real life. I think the latter is far more respectable, even if I personally find the schtick to be unnecessary.

Conor is in his own sad category at this point: talks a lot of shit, & acts like complete shit. Lol

It will be interesting to see how well the B squad does without John. We will really get to see if John had such a hand in the success or if it was just the talent he had. Still this bums me out was a huge DDS fan.

Nothing Gordon says is a lie though? He talks shit back to people that start with him.
Now I don't agree with what he says in anyway, but he isn't calling people out and then running away. He is willing to take matches with all these people within No Gi and even offers no time limit. People challenge him and then run it back with all these ruleset changes, gi matches and wanting massive paydays when he is the top guy.
Anyone that goes out and has success against him will massively rise their status. It's a win/win. He is also pretty nice in terms of how he has his matches these days. He isn't going to destroy your knee, tap you to cranks or any of that. It's good solid positional JJ. All these people talking about honour are clubbing people in the head in a BJJ match. Just fight MMA if you want to do that crap.
He shouldn't have ducked Caio Terra.
That was the match I wanted to see. Who give a fuck about him grappling Tex Johnson or a drugged out Kyle Bohem?

It has now been revealed that Master Ken single handedly destroyed the Danaher death squad.

Ameridote has restomped the groin of jiu jitsu.

The mullet has been penetrated.

Back