Ender Lilies. Great Metroidvania?

I jammed on Hollow Knight during the weekend. I remember buying the game on the Switch but only got as far as the Greenpath because it frustrated me and wasn't really my type of game. But man, did I miss out. I love everything about this world. I hardly ever look at walkthroughs, but I had to a few times to remember where certain merchants are. I'm kind of all over the place in the game and it's hard to tell where you are at exactly. I tried the first Colosseum of Fools last night and ended there. I feel like I got pretty far though.

I'm going to have to remember to take notes during Silk Song of where everything is. The game doesn't really tell you all that much outside of where a vendor is, just not the specific vendor. Who knows when its coming out, but I have a lot of DLC to get through first as well. So not sure when I can get to this game.
Here is my Ender Lilies pitch.....

I played this game for around 25 hours, just taking my time and finding stuff on my own with no walkthroughs. Normally after completing a game like that I have no more desire to play it. But I miss playing it and still think about going back for more. There is no more reason to because the challenge of it is over. No more bosses to kill. That says a lot to me.

Here is my Ender Lilies pitch.....

I played this game for around 25 hours, just taking my time and finding stuff on my own with no walkthroughs. Normally after completing a game like that I have no more desire to play it. But I miss playing it and still think about going back for more. There is no more reason to because the challenge of it is over. No more bosses to kill. That says a lot to me.

I've watched a couple of video reviews and they all seemed to really like the game. I think there are some issues with the some of the combat mechanics, repetitive enemies and some sounds in certain areas. Overall they all enjoyed the story and world building. When I finish with the Hallow Knight DLC, I'll definitely check it out.

EL_overview_gif_001.gif

Looks fun. I just downloaded The Ascent. Going to play this next.
I know I'll like this one.

lily_unknown.gif

Back