Epidemic: How will the Coronavirus impact kickboxing's biggest emerging markets?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tonight’s Colosseum Tournament event in Bucharest is just the latest kickboxing event to be cancelled or postponed by the virus, which is claiming increasing fatalities worldwide. Enfusion, ONE Championship, the Partouche Kickboxing Tour, and Mix Fight Events have all cancelled or postponed events because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Kickboxing Z

Last edited:
Colosseum said they would have sold around 5,000 tickets or more. Now on the water of the shamrock...

Some governments in Europe are even closing gates for the sports events. They don"t want more than 1000 in the attendances, but honestly that is laughable and they will probably close every arena. How can you "play" without spectators in kickboxing? It"s impossible, plus they also rely a lot on tickets!

Imagine top European promotions Enfusion and Colosseum, very important for the development of the young kickboxers (also Mix Fight of Germany, pretty important and country"s no. 1), are cancelling events. Some even without government decisions like in Romania (as per today only 15 cases but thousands in home quarantine and some hundreds in hospital quarantine probably).

So what is going on? This is worrying, at least if something will change into the summer. Like this flu to start disappearing.

It will be a miracle if they don"t cancel also Glory 78 Rotterdam on 20th of June! Knowing the Europeans countries are copying themselves. Well, it will be a miracle if UFC will also not cancel events. ONE relies on the Asian market and in countries where there is summer it is easier. Basically UFC could cancel events until plain summer or might move them to some other countries.

Last edited:
Within the next 2-3 months probably a lot of events will cancel.

It could become a household disease within 2-6 months if it doesn't slow down. I think the most likely scenario is the virus goes out of control in Europe, but governments won't be able to quarantine their populations for ever. I think if we don't get rid of it by then or find a vaccine, sooner or later we would have to accept the situation and live on like normal.

In my country they are giving them bracelets if they return from Italy, Korea, Iran, very good decision. If they leave their house, the authorities will be noticed. They just did not ban the churches, in rest all the public/private meetings with more than 1K are forbidden for the next weeks. Really, it is escaladating in Spain and Germany like crazy now. We will depend a lot on the others, even if any country would stop the epidemic. Now there are immigrants, tourists, businessmen, politicians, artists, etc. All with connections in other countries.

They want to suspend classes now until March 31 at least. Cancelled all the flights to Italy also. Maybe it is better to prevent. I really wonder about the economics of the world.

In my opinion the plan should have been general, but they are not very smart. Some countries will take measures, others not and will continue to infect the others.

Last edited:
In my opinion the plan should have been general, but they are not very smart. Some countries will take measures, others not and will continue to infect the others.
If only one entity ruled all over Europe....

Charles%20the%20Great-959938738_Heritage%20Images%20Getty.jpg.jpg

Eh, when France was really glorious, but Germany now is leading! :)) France a little bit also. Overall not all the nations have aggressed the others on long term.

Patadaalta is your magazine?

ONE actually just cancelled their last event and the one prior didn't have anyone in the audience they just shut off the lights to the seats.

Pretty much all Chinese Kickboxing has already been cancelled. @Shadess is losing his mind.

What do you mean by ONE had nobody in the attendance?

The media is brainwashing. Look at this, it is not even 1 week since the last event in Romania and the arena was full.

Well, not such a big arena like those used by ONE, but if it would have taken place tonight just some days after, because of the media they would have probably also missed it (many).

0313-MPH-768x513.jpg

Funny people, in England they play with fans on soccer, in France not. What"s wrong with this world? Liverpool arena looks filled. But I can hear the people are scared.

According to recent data the corona virus becomes highly contagious 4-5 days before any symptoms are experienced and the virus can simply be transmitted by breathing the same air.

I think its very clear now that this is a pandemic and the vast majority of humans with contract this virus. We just have to hope it spreads slow enough that we don't have a shortage of medical supplies like they do in Italy right now.

Luigi, this pandemic cannot be understimated, but so far SARS disappeared and we used to have multiple cases of flu. Italy probably had 3 times more every year, like way over 5k. Close to 10k maybe because of the population

Now let me tell you something, something it"s not right. In China and Italy people have died more, maybe they have a lot of old people also. What can I say that it has all the chances to do in my country for example like that.

BUT, some countries simply treated the epidemic harsher. This is my opinion. Well, panic causes problems, but the Italians were laughing pretty much in the beginning.

What sucks is that for us Italy -sister country - is the 2nd commercial partner after Germany, right before France.

I heard the EU is gonna give 25 billion euros free to the members. I am not sure it"s enough but it"s a motivational edge.

I believe 1st tier countries in the EU as population can have up to 10k cases of flu anually, 2nd tier like Poland about 5k and 3rd tier like Romania and the Netherlands 3k. But maybe we can find some statistics? What sucks is that now, in the spring, considering we also didn"t have winter most of us it"s a season of flu. Repeated...

By fluids maybe.

Last edited:
Fucking cases double up every day now in Poland and Romania. Well, our "Italians" are returning home but guess what they go to the quarantine. Serbia had no case, now 18.

Maybe the Vietnamese government is lying? They are pretty much connected to China and others. Lying Communists or it"s because in Vietnam it"s like summer not? In China it"s not summer.

Poor Denmark and Norway, it is really spreading. And France and Spain, crazy! Germany at least did very well.

Killed by a bloody virus?

Rogan is a liar, trying to spread fear and madness.

PS. Our health ministry just keeps firing them organization bosses.

Last edited:
But not Glory 78 so far. They wait to see and to evaluate the situation.

Back