Epidemic: How will the Coronavirus impact kickboxing's biggest emerging markets?

But not Glory 78 so far. They wait to see and to evaluate the situation.
It's officially postponed.

The NBA has postponed.

In California where I am from all gatherings that exceede 250 people are banned.

This isn't just effecting our sport.

It's officially postponed.

The NBA has postponed.

In California where I am from all gatherings that exceede 250 people are banned.

This isn't just effecting our sport.

Badr vs. Benny is not postponed yet. Or do you have another source? That"s Glory 78.

Yeah, it sucks I can"t follow sports anymore. I will be reading but I can"t do only that. I can"t even do sport now. Well, I might be running, there aren"t many anymore on the street.

The GLORY event currently scheduled for June 20 in Rotterdam, Netherlands is as-yet unaffected but GLORY continues to closely monitor the situation and will update fans of any changes if that should become necessary.

Sorry I misread that. No word on 78 yet that may be far out enough.

Rogan is a liar, trying to spread fear and madness.

It's not Joe Rogan talking about it but Michael T. Osterholm who's a national infectious disease expert and has no interest in creating fear.

Also, the Chinese doctor who discovered the virus was also called a "liar" and "spreading fear" by the Chinese authorities, until he died of the very same virus he warned people about.

Let's stop being ignorant and thinking washing our hands is enough.

It's not Joe Rogan talking about it but Michael T. Osterholm who's a national infectious disease expert and has no interest in creating fear.

Let's stop being ignorant and thinking washing our hands is enough.
The state has interest to create fear, mass-media the same. I don"t know how is in Sweden but in my country and the US it"s the same especially these days.

Rogan is a puppet and opinion maker.

I am not for understimating the situation, but also not for lying. The situation is enough dangerous to be worried.

Also, the Chinese doctor who discovered the virus was also called a "liar" and "spreading fear" by the Chinese authorities, until he died of the very same virus he warned people about.

Different situations, and a situation with which I don"t agree obviously.

I think they have not scared people enough. If people in Italy had stayed home, they could have dealt with the situation better, but nobody was really scared.

Even the stock market just kept going up until the end of february or so.

I think the media and the authorities have all suffered from optimism bias or availability bias. Because SARS, MERS EBOLA and H1N1 didn't have as deep societal impacts, they expected this one to have a similar outcome. In reality, this virus is something new, and we can not use historical data to assign probabilities.

Even within finance, economics professors were saying people are overreacting. Most reactions until last week ranged from modest to conservative. The problem is this type of behavior exacerbates the severeness of the virus outbreak.

When uncertainty is high, a collective overreaction wouldn't have severe consequences, but failing to overreact can have devastating consequences.

At the individual level, the risk to get the infection is low, and even if one does, the symptoms are mostly mild if you're young and healthy.

Individual rationalism, such as ignoring recommendations of social isolation and sanitary recommendations, becomes a danger for society because it helps spread the virus faster and cause an overload in our healthcare system. This may have overlapping consequences in the rest of society, because people who need healthcare for other reasons will now not be able to do so.

In most of europe it's too late to close borders, it's not very effective once the virus has spread to a lot of people. Other countries may still benefit from closing borders.

If the country is already deeply infected, whether to close down all restaurants, schools, universities etc i believe i mostly a choice between protecting the elderly vs protecting business/economics. Closing down everything means slower spread of the virus, and hopefully more elder people can be saved, but it will have more severe economical impacts. Less restrictive policies means protecting the economy, but probably it will be more difficult to save older people.

The state has interest to create fear, mass-media the same. I don"t know how is in Sweden but in my country and the US it"s the same especially these days.

Rogan is a puppet and opinion maker.

I am not for understimating the situation, but also not for lying. The situation is enough dangerous to be worried.

Can you explain how it benefits the State to create fear around Corona-virus? It has very very negative impacts on the economy.

Can you also show me scientific evidence that Michael T. Osterholm is making lies about the virus being transmitted through the air / breathing in the same room as someone sick?

It's not a different situation. That Chinese doctor was called a liar and spreading bad rumors just like you are saying that about Michael T. Osterholm, only because he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and you seem to hate Joe Rogan. Please explain how he is creating fear when he is warning about a serious threat and explaining how the virus works, which is his field of study.

I think they have not scared people enough.

You don"t need to scare people, you must speak the truth. Bring objectivity through the best doctors. They have also brought non-qualified doctors for world level. They bring this world to madness, this is my opinion.

It's not a different situation. That Chinese doctor was called a liar and spreading bad rumors just like you are saying that about Michael T. Osterholm, only because he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and you seem to hate Joe Rogan. Please explain how he is creating fear when he is warning about a serious threat and explaining how the virus works, which is his field of study.

I am not a communist, in my real life I take harsher measures because in my life I had the most problems when I didn"t cut the evil from its root.

There"s nothing about pointing on Osterholm, but about the general Rogan, and fears and attitudes (mass-media attitudes). And also in the case of the US now and many more countries.

Can you explain how it benefits the State to create fear around Corona-virus? It has very very negative impacts on the economy.

Can you also show me scientific evidence that Michael T. Osterholm is making lies about the virus being transmitted through the air / breathing in the same room as someone sick?

You need to think larger, not like everything is moral like you.

No, I can"t, I was talking about the general Rogan, and about fears and attitudes.

I am also thinking at the general state of the populations. Of course, if you have experience and you know something big will happen, it can be said. But don"t bring madness and big fear, even in this case. I personally think the economy can collapse and there can be more deaths.

People must be prepared for the worst, but also if this is recovered, they must stay SANE. I told you, I am not for fear and madness in any case. It can be bad for our planet, but I can think at some much worse pandemics for example.

Otherwise, Italy is on the other extreme, but this is about lying or not. I dislike lies.

You don"t need to scare people, you must speak the truth. Bring objectivity through the best doctors. They have also brought non-qualified doctors for world level. They bring this world to madness, this is my opinion.
They didn't know the truth, that's the problem. Overreaction could save lives, not taking action before it's too late definitely does definitely not. Waiting until they know more about the virus would take months.

Last edited:
I already see the effects of this crisis today in society and my life. The people are very nervous. Well, in some countries it was media overreaction, even though we needed state overreaction. I already said that too, plus the measures are still not general and worldwide. Because all the countries must work to defeat it.

That"s why I am thinking also at the psychological outcome. Not all are constructed like us.

I am not a communist, in my real life I take harsher measures because in my life I had the most problems when I didn"t cut the evil from its root.

There"s nothing about pointing on Osterholm, but about the general Rogan, and fears and attitudes (mass-media attitudes). And also in the case of the US now and many more countries.

You need to think larger, not like everything is moral like you.

No, I can"t, I was talking about the general Rogan, and about fears and attitudes.

I am also thinking at the general state of the populations. Of course, if you have experience and you know something big will happen, it can be said. But don"t bring madness and big fear, even in this case. I personally think the economy can collapse and there can be more deaths.

People must be prepared for the worst, but also if this is recovered, they must stay SANE. I told you, I am not for fear and madness in any case. It can be bad for our planet, but I can think at some much worse pandemics for example.

Otherwise, Italy is on the other extreme, but this is about lying or not. I dislike lies.

So your reason for starting conspiracy theories is because "not everything is moral". You don't really seem to have a clue about what's currently happening. I shall quote you in a couple of months from now with the latest outcomes from the Corona virus, so you can realize how much of an idiot you are at times.

So your reason for starting conspiracy theories is because "not everything is moral". You don't really seem to have a clue about what's currently happening. I shall quote you in a couple of months from now with the latest outcomes from the Corona virus, so you can realize how much of an idiot you are at times.
As I already told you, I am worried, most probably the issue will not be solved until a vaccine shows up (I see regions with summer with hundreds of cases) and till then the world will lose billions. A crash can happen after. But you trust humans too much, I just said that and nothing more. I only said don"t be so sure it"s nothing immoral. That"s all. It was only a remark. And I"m saying this because I"m listening to way too many fake media persons and politicians.

It was just a remark, of course we must solve the problem. I will be even careful what I put in my body.

I only hope it"s just a pandemic which also existed centuries ago.

Fear isn’t the right word, hysteria is closer to the mark. I don’t think anyone really benefits from this except maybe people with large amounts of liquid assets who can buy premium stock at bargain bin prices.

The WHO organized a simulation (where millions were dying) with about 2-3 months earlier than the spreading, then the world has no plan to isolate China. They could have easily proposed to China (getting) some billion of dollars for closing borders or something.

They wake up so late AND are taking these measures WORLDWIDE. Not in China, in North America plus Europe, plus maybe more to come...

It is just odd for me. Don"t forget the year started with Trump attacking Iran army chief and there were some big threatenings.

My prediction is that if something is going on here, we will see in maximum about 5 years after the pandemic. I already have a deja-vu from the past. Everytime around a pandemic there is something going on, more. It"s like in the past century a disaster attracted another. Today it"s like I woke up in bad film.

I also find it ODD that most cases in the United States are in Washington and New York, and also California. It"s liked the virus picked the biggest cities on both coasts.

The WHO organized a simulation (where millions were dying) with about 2-3 months earlier than the spreading, then the world has no plan to isolate China. They could have easily proposed to China (getting) some billion of dollars for closing borders or something.

I also find it ODD that most cases in the United States are in Washington and New York, and also California. It"s liked the virus picked the biggest cities on both coasts.
China initially downplayed the situation and tried to silence it. It wasn't until it started to break out of China that the real threat was acknowledged.

Those cities in the US are big hubs for travel and disease spreads faster in areas with high concentrations of people.

It"s a virus-bacteria basically, I hear it can live more even five weeks or more into the respiratory tracts.

When affects the lungs or breathing, it"s the perfect weapon.

Now making a joke, at least it"s not a bacteria which would never disappear without treatment.

I would be interesting why they use AIDS medication. This is a strange aspect.

My question is why they don"t keep statistics for ages and how come in China died so many doctors? I mean ok, they got infected because the state was stupid, but it"s odd they were probably also younger. I didn"t hear in Italy, regarding a young age.

I would think the WHO should be very accurate with their reports, many geniuses and brains there. I"ve read the first reports.

France and the US are coming big from behind. Now I even think in my country they didn"t expose themselves and the others so much, those returning from Italy and abroad. The daily percents of new cases should normall decrease now. But as more you have, more you can get big numbers.

A joy is that in countries with summers now, there are cases but they aren"t dying. The question would be if this can be stopped! Because bad weather is coming again after. I wish we would need no vaccine, but I can"t see this happening. Plus we don"t even know if the vaccine will ever show up being protective.

Did you see/read this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/15/what-herd-immunity-mean-will-stop-coronavirus-uk/

Herd Immunity in the UK

But yet again https://www.theguardian.com/comment...st-britain-herd-immunity-coronavirus-covid-19

Vasile Astărăstoae, a famous Romanian doctor and ME, spoke about this against quarantine in February and it seems Boris Johnson is gonna risk with this strategy.

Therefore, the Brits are only isolating the old people, the youngsters. But I am hearing the UK is pressured to take the worldwide measures.

Back