Opinion Evanston, IL hates America

This thread is evidence that right-wing reactionaries are not intellectually developed enough to understand bureaucracy and must instead compute it as conspiracy.

Oh look, one of the usual suspects makes his appearance, and as predicted in my OP, brings a hilarious excuse and comical justification.

How is it that Juneteenth can be planned in May, permits and set up included, for an event in June, yet another event in America hating Evanston just can't seem to find a way to get an event and parade canceled in March, the proper permits now, for an event weeks away?

I'm sure a town of 72,000 must have a gigantic lineup for permits 25/8/366 and need hundreds, if not thousands of bureaucrats to sign off on them.

Funny how that didn't seem to be an issue for Juneteenth or Pride though.

You must have a totally logical and completely believable answer for this, right?

I clicked on the article ready to condemn the city but it says they canceled the 4th of July celebrations in March and now don’t have the time to pull permits and get everything set up. It’s possible they are making an excuse but that part should be pointed out at least.
I assumed the fireworks cancelation would be due to the heatwave cussing a concern for fires.

Now, I don't have to click the article.

Thanks

Why celebrate the same thing twice? They already had the pride event

"There are deadlines for permits and to secure the fireworks, as well as taking applications for the parade that happen early in the year."

"We erred on the side of caution. If things weren’t better, we would have been criticized for being a super spreader event," he added

Well either that perfectly logical explanation. Or "THEY HATE MURICA!!!1!!"

I clicked on the article ready to condemn the city but it says they canceled the 4th of July celebrations in March and now don’t have the time to pull permits and get everything set up. It’s possible they are making an excuse but that part should be pointed out at least.
I demand TS issues a retraction and apologize publicly to the entire war room, nay, the whole of sherdog.

To be fair, about 25 people will show up for the Juneteenth event, and 6 for the pride.

"There are deadlines for permits and to secure the fireworks, as well as taking applications for the parade that happen early in the year."

"We erred on the side of caution. If things weren’t better, we would have been criticized for being a super spreader event," he added

Well either that perfectly logical explanation. Or "THEY HATE MURICA!!!1!!"

Funny how that "perfectly logical explanation" doesn't apply to Independence Day.

Apparently when celebrating Juneteenth and Pride, Super Spreader events don't occur, but as soon as you bust out some American flags and fireworks, Covid ravages and kills thousands.

Makes perfect sense.

Back