Ever Met Any Celebrities? What were they like? Quentin Tarantino Story Inside.

Brett Favre- i played football at southern Mississippi so he was around a lot, kind of a dick

Adam Sandler-Surfed with him back in 2006 at Doheny In SoCal. Really awesome guy was just him and myself and my mom.

Michael Jai White- met him after the Fedor vSylvia fight, didn’t know who he was and was walking in the parking lot talking about the fight. Someone comes up and asks for an autograph from “the spawn guy” and my buddy at the time argues with him for about 1 minute that he wasn’t the guy in Spawn. Eventually my buddy goes oh shit it is you can I get a picture, he rolled his eyes but was nice enough to take one

Randy Couture- dame event took a leak next to him just us 2 in the bathroom lol washing my hands after and he comes up and I just said I hope him and Fedor get to fight, 2 Goats. He said he hoped so and thank you and walked out

Goldberg- asked for a picture while he was signing some chicks tits and he he just ignored me

Michael Bisping- was lifting at 24 hour in Orange and he was in there lifting also, didn’t say anything to him but he was a bigger guy then I thought.

coolest one was Aleksandet E.- after the Fedor/Sylvia fight also I saw him getting into a limo with some blonde broads in a back alley about 150 yards away. I yelled his name as he was getting in, got out and turned around and waved me down to him. I jogged down as quick as I could and told him he was the man and asked for a picture, he just nodded with this big smile, my buddy ran down after me and took a picture, he shook my hand and I said your the man, he responded “no, you.” Got in the limo and left. Was a huge guy but was super sick that he stopped and made time. I’ll have to find the photo somewhere
Greatest part of the story is that you surf with your mom.

Pics?

These days there’s lots of theaters like that. We go to one that has an app and dinner menu, recliners for seats, and a bar. Any drink with liquor in it is weak as fuck though, you’re better off drinking wine or beer (which they serve). All of this is at movie theater prices, so it makes for pricey movie night. Fun to do every so often though.
Our iMAX is like this. Your purchase specific seats in the theater. They tried an app where you can order food and drinks from your seat and have it delivered like at a ball game, but people would shout down the servers to get the fuck out of the way during the movie. It became a game for the high school kids to scream "We can't see shit!" at the servers. Funny as hell and reminded me of old-school watching Rocky Horror late shows.

Our iMAX is like this. Your purchase specific seats in the theater. They tried an app where you can order food and drinks from your seat and have it delivered like at a ball game, but people would shout down the servers to get the fuck out of the way during the movie. It became a game for the high school kids to scream "We can't see shit!" at the servers. Funny as hell and reminded me of old-school watching Rocky Horror late shows.
Yeah exactly like this. Except no one shouts down the servers, lol. I’m in the Midwest, and the people here are of a well mannered and polite disposition.
But I also used to do Rocky Horror as a teenager, that was fun times. I grew up in the Phoenix area, so we used to see it Saturdays at midnight at the Valley Art Theatre in Tempe, AZ.
Which reminds me of another “celebrity” meeting—I had the opportunity to meet legendary B-movie director Russ Meyer at that theatre. He was there for autograph signing and Q&A during a showing of “Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!”
Don’t know how many Sherdoggers would think that’s cool or know who he is. @Jackie Blue would, I’m sure :)

Yeah exactly like this. Except no one shouts down the servers, lol. I’m in the Midwest, and the people here are of a well mannered and polite disposition.
But I also used to do Rocky Horror as a teenager, that was fun times. I grew up in the Phoenix area, so we used to see it Saturdays at midnight at the Valley Art Theatre in Tempe, AZ.
Which reminds me of another “celebrity” meeting—I had the opportunity to meet legendary B-movie director Russ Meyer at that theatre. He was there for autograph signing and Q&A during a showing of “Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!”
Don’t know how many Sherdoggers would think that’s cool or know who he is. @Jackie Blue would, I’m sure :)
Was he the guy who was known for putting girls with great tits in his movies, just because they had great tits?

These days there’s lots of theaters like that. We go to one that has an app and dinner menu, recliners for seats, and a bar. Any drink with liquor in it is weak as fuck though, you’re better off drinking wine or beer (which they serve). All of this is at movie theater prices, so it makes for pricey movie night. Fun to do every so often though.
No doubt. FWIW, I went to that theater in 2005 so it was pretty unique at the time.

The first story happened a while ago in the early 2000s, while I was still in high school in Vancouver. I was studying at the downtown central library in the winter, and like all high schoolers do when they get hungry, they go get some McDdonald's. It was past lunch time so it was pretty empty, with just me at the counter and some high school aged girls sitting at the tables. After I ordered and moved to the side to wait for my order, in comes black three dudes in some big ass puffy jacket. Two of them were giants, and I could tell they were security for the third guy, who's a smaller average height guy. I couldn't see the face of the smaller guy as he's got his hood up, but I looked over to the restaurant staff behind the counter, and all of them got pretty excited. The cashier was grinning like a Chershire cat. Now I was curious, and I leaned forward a bit to see who it was. Turns out it was Chris Rock. I'm not the type to fawn over celebrities, so I just thought to myself, cool, it's Chris Rock, let's see what he orders, and didn't bother him. Now the group of girls at the table realized something is going on, and I think one of them recognized him, and her friends were egging her on to go talk to Chris Rock. Finally that girl worked up the courage and approached Chris Rock, and she went up to him, and:

Excuse me, are you Chris Tucker?

Chris Rock was clearly extremely not happy about that. He looked pissed off, and curtly said no, and turned his back on her. I think he was so upset that he didn't even wait for his food to come, which was some McNuggets

I've also met Jon Jones, just a few months after he beat Shogun like a red headed stepson to win the title. This was in Ithaca, and Jon Jones is from upstate NY. It was at a bar in the town center called the Moonshadow Tavern, and that's where Cornell students, Ithaca College students and the locals converge. It was a hazy night of memories for me, but I remember Jon Jones was macking on several college chicks that were clearly not his wife. He also surprisingly didn't have a big posse. Guess that's before the rise of GTA Jon Jones, though looking back he was definitely on coke. He was also a surprisingly big guy. I knew he was tall, but in his fights he looked lanky, so I didn't expect him to be so wide framed, TST if you will. I vaguely remember my drunk ass going up to him and yelling over the music and congratulated him on the title, and him saying thanks man. A few minutes later I told one of my friends who's a rugby player and knew nothing of MMA that the UFC light heavyweight is there. Being a drunk Aussie, he said, oi, I can take him on. I decided to not have him end up like Matt Hamill and didn't show Jon Jones to him.

I met Andrei Arlovski at the Encore nightclub in Vegas after UFC 187, where he had that epic fight against Travis Browne. I didn't notice him at first, but then I noticed a weird group of people came in and posted up in one of the VIP booths. It was like 5 guys and 1 chick, and the guys all dressed like this:

837e36aa503857cd3581bf726a5ba32e.jpg

Of course, Andrei was sharply dressed. He was surprisingly not a big heavyweight and not his 6'3'' billed height. That's when I realized UFC inflates fighters' heights like WWE (except Jon Jones, that dude is tall). Being a little tipsy and a fan of Andrei's career, I went up to him with a friend to see if I could get a picture with him. I knew he had a fight, but I didn't see it, so I googled the results quickly and saw that he won by TKO. I asked him, Andrei Arlovski right? He just nodded, and I said, congrats on the win! I'm a fan, can I get a picture with you? He just nodded again, no smile. My friend and I got a picture with him, but too bad the picture came out blurry. I thanked him and he just nodded again and left. Throughout this whole time there was no smile or any expression from him. Afterwards I watched the fight, and saw that Andrei almost got knocked out a couple of times, and that's when I realized he was probably quite concussed.

Hundreds of people have stories of taking pictures with celebs. Not one pic uploaded.

If privacy is an issue just blot yourself out with any silly phone pic editing app.

Last edited:
I met R. Lee Ermey and Evander Holyfield at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It was a two day event and they were there for a charity event. Didn't spend any personal time with them, but they were both cool and down to earth while they interacted with the group.

Evander's head was huge.

QUOTE]

That's realer than Real Deal Holyfield

When I opened for Tom Green I got to hang out with him quite a bit, really nice guy and super easy to talk to.

Damon Wayans took me out to lunch when I opened for him but outside of that he was pretty distant, definitely acted like a celebrity.

We have done this thread alot. Think we need another one. Ufc stars don't count unless it's conor. And that you hurt his leg.

I met Shia LaBeouf and Brad Pitt at my AT for the army. They were preparing for Fury and rode along with us. Yes I asked Brad about brangelina. He said he and Jen broke up ambiacly and it was going downhill before the tabloids got ahold of the idea he fucked her on Mr and Ms Smith. Shia I had CLS classes with for 2 weeks we became friends I still have his number.

I met Oliver north and greeted him like Darth Vader. Went on one knee and asked my master what is thy bidding. He laughed and told me to, "Get up Retard."

Robin Williams. Funny guy even in person. I still don't understand why he did it.

Kelsey Grammar. I was at the hard rock in Baltimore in the bay. Some dude was like, "Can I buy you a drink.?" I'm like wtf fa---- oh hey aren't you Frasier? We drank till midnight he held his liquor and called me a cab

We have done this thread alot. Think we need another one. Ufc stars don't count unless it's conor. And that you hurt his leg.

I met Shia LaBeouf and Brad Pitt at my AT for the army. They were preparing for Fury and rode along with us. Yes I asked Brad about brangelina. He said he and Jen broke up ambiacly and it was going downhill before the tabloids got ahold of the idea he fucked her on Mr and Ms Smith. Shia I had CLS classes with for 2 weeks we became friends I still have his number.

I met Oliver north and greeted him like Darth Vader. Went on one knee and asked my master what is thy bidding. He laughed and told me to, "Get up Retard."

Robin Williams. Funny guy even in person. I still don't understand why he did it.

Kelsey Grammar. I was at the hard rock in Baltimore in the bay. Some dude was like, "Can I buy you a drink.?" I'm like wtf fa---- oh hey aren't you Frasier? We drank till midnight he held his liquor and called me a cab

tenor.gif

Back