My family is full of engineers, biologists, law enforcement, lawyers, and the like. Many of us have have some sort of experience whether it be extremely low probability coincidences, prophetic dreams/synchronicity, or actual witness of UFOs/supernatural.

Not really but ive had like 3 or 4 wtf moments of strange life...got cold called by a band to play drums for them. One of my favorite bands and they were not from my city and i didnt know them at all. Got called while i was listening to them. Ran into a childhood friend the day after dreamimg about them, while living not in my home town, he just happened to be there. Had a dream a friend died. Called him he said he was fine. Looked online and it said dreaming a friends death meant they were getting married. Called friend back...he had just got engaged. Stuff like that.

I think these types of experiences, especially the first one you described, can be more accurately categorized as synchronicities. These kinds of things happen to everybody, but often enough they're more subtle or an individual doesn't notice them when they're not. A couple of years ago I bought a book to read on the recommendation of a friend. It was a new-to-me author, so I looked him up to get an idea about him and what else he had written. The guy was born and raised maybe 800 miles away from me and was at the time residing on the other side of the planet. On my second time sitting with the book to read--I was almost half way through--I decided to go for a walk because it was a warm sunny day and I didn't want to spend it all inside. Not ten minutes later and a half mile from my house, I ran into the author. It was a very surreal experience. It turned out the info I read was a little dated as he and his wife now lived right in the heart of my stomping ground.

I think I might have created a tulpa once. I was in highschool at the time, working at a movie cinema The late show got out and I was sent down one wing to clean up. On the way back out of the last theater at the end, I entered the hallway and there it was at the far end, right in my path. For background, when I was in late elementary school, early middle school, I played some DnD and messed around with a Ouija board with some other like-minded kids. We "discovered" this foul pirate character one sleepover, and it freaked us out. It seemed genuine to me but for all I know it was one of my friends moving the planchette intentionally (Occam's Razor wasn't in my repertoire as yet). Anyway, the group of us would talk about him, draw him, and use him in RPG campaigns. I hadn't thought about that pirate for years when I saw him standing there larger than life just smiling and staring at me. I shook my head a couple of times and he was gone.

I've seen some weird things while wearing NVGs. However, there was lots of sleep deprivation when it happened.

Reactions: Err
I've seen some weird things while wearing NVGs. However, there was lots of sleep deprivation when it happened.
Sleep dep mixed with NVGs = good time. Stars become UFOs and the raccoon stealing rations becomes a goblin.

I think I might have created a tulpa once. I was in highschool at the time, working at a movie cinema The late show got out and I was sent down one wing to clean up. On the way back out of the last theater at the end, I entered the hallway and there it was at the far end, right in my path. For background, when I was in late elementary school, early middle school, I played some DnD and messed around with a Ouija board with some other like-minded kids. We "discovered" this foul pirate character one sleepover, and it freaked us out. It seemed genuine to me but for all I know it was one of my friends moving the planchette intentionally (Occam's Razor wasn't in my repertoire as yet). Anyway, the group of us would talk about him, draw him, and use him in RPG campaigns. I hadn't thought about that pirate for years when I saw him standing there larger than life just smiling and staring at me. I shook my head a couple of times and he was gone.
Alan Moore, Peter Milligan, and Brian Azzarello all claim to have had encounters with John Constantine.

Was it more stuff you've seen while wearing NVG or stuff you've seen that disappears when you put the NVGs on and reappears when you take them off?

I used to be able to predict the future for short periods of time after having deja-vu. I haven't had it happen for several years though. It was kind of freaky.

Not really but ive had like 3 or 4 wtf moments of strange life...got cold called by a band to play drums for them. One of my favorite bands and they were not from my city and i didnt know them at all. Got called while i was listening to them. Ran into a childhood friend the day after dreamimg about them, while living not in my home town, he just happened to be there. Had a dream a friend died. Called him he said he was fine. Looked online and it said dreaming a friends death meant they were getting married. Called friend back...he had just got engaged. Stuff like that.

I think these types of experiences, especially the first one you described, can be more accurately categorized as synchronicities. These kinds of things happen to everybody, but often enough they're more subtle or an individual doesn't notice them when they're not. A couple of years ago I bought a book to read on the recommendation of a friend. It was a new-to-me author, so I looked him up to get an idea about him and what else he had written. The guy was born and raised maybe 800 miles away from me and was at the time residing on the other side of the planet. On my second time sitting with the book to read--I was almost half way through--I decided to go for a walk because it was a warm sunny day and I didn't want to spend it all inside. Not ten minutes later and a half mile from my house, I ran into the author. It was a very surreal experience. It turned out the info I read was a little dated as he and his wife now lived right in the heart of my stomping ground.

This is the sort of thing that has happened a lot in my family. Particularly with the first born males.

I had a dream about my father and grandfather trying to crawl out of a pit of pale grasping zombies as blood rose up to drown them all. I woke up at just about the exact moment my uncle, my grandfather's favorite and my dad's best friend, had died from a blood clot in his lung. All three of them were over 200 miles away from me at the time.

My father has called the number of winning raffle tickets out of tens of thousands on more than one occasion. Those are the only times he has engaged in this behavior. We now avoid doing "Chinese auctions" at local fundraisers. Having been selected for 5+ prizes in a row on multiple occasions gets embarrassing.

My family are surveyors. I have been out on the middle of nowhere with laser distancing instruments, metal detectors, you name it, looking for a buried monument. My grandfather would drive out to the work site, look around, look at the 18" 3'x3' hole I had dug looking for this thing, poke a shovel into the hole, and *tink!* There's the monument point. He had done this dozens of times to every field crew he had ever used.

My cousin was walking his dogs and saw a bunch of fire trucks and ambulances a few blocks away. His first thought? "Brian crashed his new motorcycle and died." Guess what? Brian crashed his new motorcycle and died on impact. He was not the only motorcyclist around. We live in an area of urban sprawl that probably averages 8K people per square mile. Cousin (and you'll have to trust me on this) has an original and independent thought roughly every election cycle or two. This was one of them.

UFO story I've told on here 100 times won't type it all out again but I've ruled out anything conventional. I submitted my story to Monsters Among Us podcast a long time ago I haven't heard it on there yet supposedly he gets around to every submission though

Nope, nobody has.

I used to be able to predict the future for short periods of time after having deja-vu. I haven't had it happen for several years though. It was kind of freaky.

I've had the same thing happen a decent number of times. An example of one of them, I was watching TV and got that deja vu feeling and then I don't know why I thought it but I just thought "and now is when my brother knocks on the door." Right as I finished that thought, there was a knock on the door. It was indeed my brother.

Pretty much its pointless to argue with people that have never seen anything paranormal because they dont really get it. My friend I mentioned earlier didn’t really believe in UFOs always thought it was dumb fake stuff, then he saw one and believes in them. Funny how fast ones opinion changes when you actually see something. Same thing happens with ghost, you don’t really believe until you see one.

Its better to keep an open mind, makes it less shocking when it does happen. Share your stories btw

share your stories
Only just saw that you quoted me

I have a ton of stories because I lived in a horrible house

This is one I always find funny

So my brother walked home and couldn’t get in because the door was locked. He then looks towards my sister’s bedroom window that’s at the front of the house and he sees somebody jumping up and down on the bed. He starts shouting at her but the jumping continues. He then decides to ring her and she answers the phone. He tells her to stop being an idiot and open the door. My sister says that she’s at work and my brother hears people in the background etc through the phone. My brother then just ran away to his grandmother’s house lol.

It was probably nothing, and it was probably shadows from my window. It’s a busy street.

I don’t remember screaming, but my mother remembers. Was probably half asleep. I’ve awoken out of bed and seen stuff while completely awake before in limbo

Last edited:
Our senses aren't magic. Eyes receive light. We have cameras that receive light. Ears receive compressions of ear. We have machines that receive compressions of air. Etc. If you could actually see or hear the paranormal, it would have been caught on camera or a microphone. But it hasn't. So..

I've seen a handful of things that I genuinely can't explain. I lived in a house where a bunch of people saw/heard a bunch of things that sort of defied explaination.

E.G. Why does a can sitting on a shelf in a total state of rest slide forward and come flying off a shelf so hard it puts a dent in the side of the oven . Nothing else moved around it. Nothing mechanical around it. The shelf was level. No drugs in my system. No carbon monoxiide leak. No history of halucinations or delusions. I have no idea how it happened, or why. Every logical answer I looked for fell short. That doesn't mean "ghosts are real", but it means I've seem something I can't explain.

I've never seen anything paranormal in person and I wish I did to be honest. Also would love to see an alien or a definitive alien spaceship hovering around.

Back