Every one of Detroit's professional sports teams are in last place, or finished in last place...

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
in their most recent season.

Lions- Finished the season 5-11
Tigers- Finished their season in the cellar with a 23-35 record
Red Wings- are currently in last place at 5-12
Pistons- are last it the entire conference right now with a record of 8-22

I'm from Michigan and while I grew up a Green Bay Packer fan I'm a fan of the Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers. I was born in 1980 so I grew up with the Pistons when they were the Bad Boys, was around for Probert, Yzerman and the Russians for the Wings, and can remember the days of the Tigers always being a dangerous team.

Talk about a fall from grace. Besides a few seasons here and there with the likes of Barry Sanders the Lions have always sucked, but the other franchises have seen greatness come and go over the years. Is their any other city that has been this bad collectively when it comes to their pro sports franchises?

Last edited:
At least the Red Wings were the best team in hockey for almost 2 decades. Lions football is a real downer, especially now that Stafford is gone. I think places that lose their teams have it worse, like San Diego, but not by much.

Is their any other city that has been this bad collectively when it comes to their pro sports franchises?
Seattle in 2008

The Sonics had the worst record in the Western Conference in 2007-08 and then moved to Oklahoma City for the 2008-09 season.

The Mariners had the worst record in the American League and became the first team with a payroll above $100M to lose more than 100 games.

The Seahawks went 4-12.

The University of Washington football team went 0-12, the worst record in the country.

The University of Washington basketball team went 16-17 and didn't even qualify for the NIT.

Damn, the Tigers still got to pay Miguel Cabrera until like 2035 too...

Last edited:

I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a small city that is about 3 hours from Green Bay and 8.5 hours from Detroit. Before the days of cable tv the only signal that was available were the ones that showed the Packer games. I know it sounds weird, but there are actually more Packer fans than Lions fans in the area. The local networks will even black out the Lions games and play the Packer games when they share the same time slot.

The Upper Peninsula actually shares a border with Wisconsin where as the Lower Peninsula is separated by two Great Lakes and connected by a 5 mile long bridge. It makes sense if you look at the map below

mi.gif

Not that you really give a shit about any of this, but I always feel the need to explain this when it comes up.

Last edited:
I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan about in a small city that is about 3 hours from Green Bay and 8.5 hours from Detroit. Before the days of cable tv the only signal that was available were the ones that showed the Packer games. I know it sounds weird, but there are actually more Packer fans than Lions fans in the area. The local networks will even black out the Lions games and play the Packer games when they share the same time slot.

The Upper Peninsula actually shares a border with Wisconsin where as the Lower Peninsula is separated by a Great Lake and connected by a 5 mile long bridge. It makes sense if you look at the map below

mi.gif

Not that you really give a shit about any of this, but I always feel the need to explain this when it comes up.
Okay that actually does make sense. Unlike most Packers "fans" who had other teams closer to them.

Yeah, only having 1 title out of over 150+ combined seasons between the Braves/Falcons/Hawks is pretty bad. And of course that whole 28-3 thing.

The worst part about 28-3 For Atlanta fans is having to hear Saints Fans rub it in because they have the 1 SB win

Okay that actually does make sense. Unlike most Packers "fans" who had other teams closer to them.

Something that i found surprising is that there are quite a few legit Packer fans in Chicago and Illinois in general.

in their most recent season.

Lions- Finished the season 5-11
Tigers- Finished their season in the cellar with a 23-35 record
Red Wings- are currently in last place at 5-12
Pistons- are last it the entire conference right now with a record of 8-22

I'm from Michigan and while I grew up a Green Bay Packer fan I'm a fan of the Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers. I was born in 1980 so I grew up with the Pistons when they were the Bad Boys, was around for Probert, Yzerman and the Russians for the Wings, and can remember the days of the Tigers always being a dangerous team.

Talk about a fall from grace. Besides a few seasons here and there with the likes of Barry Sanders the Lions have always sucked, but the other franchises have seen greatness come and go over the years. Is their any other city that has been this bad collectively when it comes to their pro sports franchises?
Stopped reading at Detroit.

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

The Lions need to be renamed. Just be done with it. Honestly it's depressing just looking at the uniform.

Be the Michigan Wolves or something

@Steve-French So if you're that close to GB then why do you like the Pistons over the Bucks?

<{fry}>

Back