Every one of Detroit's professional sports teams are in last place, or finished in last place...

@Steve-French So if you're that close to GB then why do you like the Pistons over the Bucks?

<{fry}>

It was kind of a pick em thing when I was growing up. When I was young the Pistons were the hot team. They had their rivalry with the Bulls and had the Bad boys squad with guys like Bill Lambeer, Isiaha Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman etc...

As far as the tigers go My grandma ran a convenience store, (which my mother ended up taking over for a bit) and I would walk over there after my guitar lessons and we would listen to the Tigers on the radio with my Grandma. My Grandpa on my Dad's side was a diehard Tigers fan too and I would watch games with him as well if I was over there visiting.
That's pretty much how I became a fan of the Tigers. From their I started playing baseball and went nuts collecting the cards.

And they're all cunts

Bears fans take the cake for having the shittiest fans. That's one thing Packer, Lions, and Viking fans can all agree on. At least according to the fans that are regulars at those stadiums.

At least we have Jerami Grant.

Bears fans take the cake for having the shittiest fans. That's one thing Packer, Lions, and Viking fans can all agree on. At least according to the fans that are regulars at those stadiums.
as a lifelong lions fan, the cowboys have the shittiest fans in any sport. not even close. never has a team accomplished less (in recent memory), yet acted like they are just killing it. they think they are favorites for the super bowl next year

I'm from Atlanta, dude.
qHeomq1.gif

I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a small city that is about 3 hours from Green Bay and 8.5 hours from Detroit. Before the days of cable tv the only signal that was available were the ones that showed the Packer games. I know it sounds weird, but there are actually more Packer fans than Lions fans in the area. The local networks will even black out the Lions games and play the Packer games when they share the same time slot.

The Upper Peninsula actually shares a border with Wisconsin where as the Lower Peninsula is separated by two Great Lakes and connected by a 5 mile long bridge. It makes sense if you look at the map below

mi.gif

Not that you really give a shit about any of this, but I always feel the need to explain this when it comes up.

Michigan got the upper peninsula for giving up Toledo to Ohio or the UP would have been part of Wisconsin.

Something that i found surprising is that there are quite a few legit Packer fans in Chicago and Illinois in general.

Some of that goes back to when there were two teams in the Chicago area. The Chicago Cardinals and the Decatur Staleys which became the Bears. Just like the two Chicago Baseball teams, there was a rivalry between the Cardinals and the Bears. When the Cardinals moved to St Louis in 1960, their fans didn't become fans of their hated rival, the Bears. [Yes, I am old enough to remember that move] Many became fans of the Bears hated rival, the Packers. The Packers played a couple of games a season in Milwaukee. There are also many people who they, or their families were originally from Wisconsin that moved to Chicago for work.

It's about a tie between the Vikings and Bear fans. When the Vikings are doing well, you see a lot of people wearing Viking apparel. The minute it starts going bad you don't see any. There was a game in Chicago a while back that the Vikings lost and they showed the Viking apparel in the garbage cans after the game.

There's the story in Minnesota that a man left his Viking season tickets on the dashboard of his car in a parking lot. Somebody broke in and left two more tickets.

The fact that there still are people who admit to being Lions fans shows that they are very loyal.

It was kind of a pick em thing when I was growing up. When I was young the Pistons were the hot team. They had their rivalry with the Bulls and had the Bad boys squad with guys like Bill Lambeer, Isiaha Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman etc...

As far as the tigers go My grandma ran a convenience store, (which my mother ended up taking over for a bit) and I would walk over there after my guitar lessons and we would listen to the Tigers on the radio with my Grandma. My Grandpa on my Dad's side was a diehard Tigers fan too and I would watch games with him as well if I was over there visiting.
That's pretty much how I became a fan of the Tigers. From their I started playing baseball and went nuts collecting the cards.

The Pistons were around for many years and in Detroit for 11 years before the Bucks even existed so there were some loyalties established.

the biggest problem is nobody wants to be there. with free agency much easier these days and players flocking to "destination" cities, it is almost impossible for detroit to have decent teams. and if/when they do, it will be temporary as it will likely be because of young players looking to move on at the first opportunity

Back