Evolution is not always a success

I'm just joshing. Taco is too nice though. I'm sure he hasn't.

Mmmmm you basically said Muay Thai is inferior to Shotokan. Then in any professional fight cometitions on the high level, so mma and kickboxing, nobody fights with that stance, hand position and style. The proof is in the pudding. I feel like that is a bit arrogant to proclaim your style best without proof

So I had to fuck with you a bit. It's all good though. I respect your style. Feitosa, Filho, Shilt, Machida all come from that style. It's also the most realistic style of tma I have encountered.

It's all good. I also don't have videos of me fighting Shotokan guys.

Last edited:
1 if i beat up 200 local fighters you'd just say they were trash cans cause i beat them, so what would be the point? I could beat number 14 in the UFC and you'd say i need a top 10 guy to beat your appeal to authority.

2 i fought more than Bruce

3 Muay Thai is point fighting where you get points for eating shots like a dumpling.
Not hard to fight more than Bruce lee considering his only actual fights were a high school boxing tournament in HK…not really sure how many people would have actually participated back in the day there…

Mmmmm you basically said Muay Thai is inferior to Shotokan. Then in any professional fight cometitions on the high level, so mma and kickboxing, nobody fights with that stance, hand position and style. The proof is in the pudding. I feel like that is a bit arrogant to proclaim your style best without proof

So I had to fuck with you a bit. It's all good though. I respect your style. Feitosa, Filho, Shilt, Machida all come from that style. It's also the most realistic style of tma I have encountered.

It's all good. I also don't have videos of me fighting Shotokan guys.
I’ve seen his post (he is a poster from the past) and believe he is a mma guy that may have trained tma but believe he does some form of kickboxing too.

I’ve seen his post (he is a poster from the past) and believe he is a mma guy that may have trained tma but believe he does some form of kickboxing too.

Where are all these shotokan ppvs. Where are all the official fights. If you look into Muay Thai there probably was 200 fights today in Thailand alone. Why don't these bad ass shotokan masters don't go make a couple houndred thousands squashing Glory and Muay Thai pros.

They're like busy doing dances erggh I meant Kates and watching Enter the Dragon.

Where are all these shotokan ppvs. Where are all the official fights. If you look into Muay Thai there probably was 200 fights today in Thailand alone. Why don't these bad ass shotokan masters don't go make a couple houndred thousands squashing Glory and Muay Thai pros.

They're like busy doing dances erggh I meant Kates and watching Enter the Dragon.
If I have it my way there will hopefully soon be a fairly vibrant amateur karate scene that’s not point fighting

If I have it my way there will hopefully soon be a fairly vibrant amateur karate scene that’s not point fighting

Karate is about other values. I just had a experience with someone who does karate a long ass tine agao, over a decade. Unpleasant. That explains my aversion.

Karate is about other values. I just had a experience with someone who does karate a long ass tine agao, over a decade. Unpleasant. That explains my aversion.
Idk what you’re talking about, I’ve been doing karate for over 20 years. Karate is about which ever values the owner of the dojo says it’s about

that sounds fun as hell
Well I mean technically it would be point fighting, because point fighting is almost completely untouched by government regulations so no fees to be a promoter, or coach, or manager or any such BS like that, but it will be full contact and no points without a visible effect on the opponent.

Well I mean technically it would be point fighting, because point fighting is almost completely untouched by government regulations so no fees to be a promoter, or coach, or manager or any such BS like that, but it will be full contact and no points without a visible effect on the opponent.
i stand by my statement. That sounds fun as hell

I don’t necessarily agree.
This is what 8 time kickboxing champion Gabriel Varga has to say about the matter.

TLDR: glove goes on the left side of the face to avoid a counter round kick. The range you should be kicking at should not be punching range. So you shouldn’t have to worry about a huge right hand.

When this guy demonstrates the cross defence he is doing it completely wrong, he may be a champion but he absolutely has it wrong.
When you left hand is on the right cheek, your left shoulder is covering your chin, and elbow up so you absolutely cannot be punched or kick.
The way this man demonstrates is not fair as he is not doing it correctly

When this guy demonstrates the cross defence he is doing it completely wrong, he may be a champion but he absolutely has it wrong.
When you left hand is on the right cheek, your left shoulder is covering your chin, and elbow up so you absolutely cannot be punched or kick.
Newbies get taught ‘the right way’ intermediate student focuses on doing it ‘the right way’ the advanced student finds out what works best for them.

Haha you can’t be serious. I get what you are trying to say but I don’t know anyone who flares their elbow and obscures their own vision on a low kick. I think you are exaggerating. I don’t think you can show me a single professional fighter who throws a low kick and then has his arm up super high like how you are describing.

In fact I doubt you could even find much fighters who do it the way he demonstrates on a low kick. I see some Thais do that on middle kicks but that’s about it. And that’s only really when they are rapid fire kicking on the pads

If I want to throw hard rear kick then I might do this circular motion thing with the hand that isn't swinging. It might cross the face for a second because I am twisting my body but it will end up protecting left side of my face. If you feel like you get more protection by "dabbing" then it is fine. It's not the end of the world. The meta for MT/KB changes every few years. It isn't set in stone.

I think you do what works for you. Some stuff is too hard to unlearn once you form a movement pattern. Some schools teach to keep both hands up when throwing the low kick. Some want you to swing the arm at head level. Some don't care if you swing the arm below or towards the back.

I’ve never liked teaching my students to reach across their face to protect themselves when they kick because it tends to bind up the mechanics of the kick. Your hips are swinging one direction while your car shoulder is swinging in the opposite.

You can kick in Muay Thai without stepping.

If your doing it right, you'll be out of punching range when you kick.

Most the right cross ko I have seen when a guy threw a kick, was in MMA, when the guy throws a half assed leg kick. The other guy will eat the kick, and throw his counter right. And that's the problem, the kick is so weak, the other guy can willingly eat it to give a punch.

That being said, you can put your hand on that side of the face if you like. I was shown that way and practiced it a bit, but I don't use it.

The only time I could see using it is if you knew he was going to counter your leg kick and you wanted to use it. But you could also just get off the center line with your telegraphed step.

In regards to kicking with both your hands up. Fighting isn't a perfect science. Your always open somewhere.

I’ve never liked teaching my students to reach across their face to protect themselves when they kick because it tends to bind up the mechanics of the kick. Your hips are swinging one direction while your car shoulder is swinging in the opposite.

Also binds up the mechanics of doing pretty much anything else after the kick as well

Haha you can’t be serious. I get what you are trying to say but I don’t know anyone who flares their elbow and obscures their own vision on a low kick. I think you are exaggerating. I don’t think you can show me a single professional fighter who throws a low kick and then has his arm up super high like how you are describing.

In fact I doubt you could even find much fighters who do it the way he demonstrates on a low kick. I see some Thais do that on middle kicks but that’s about it. And that’s only really when they are rapid fire kicking on the pads
Who said anything about obscuring my vision, perhaps it’s lost in translation but it was taught to me by Apidej sit Hrun, but hey what does he know

Back