Exercise that had Carryover to other Exercises

When Muay Thai was 80 percent of my exercising life, clean and press and/or deadlifts were something that made me genuinely recognise explosive increases

With the deadlift, were you going for strength (e.g. heavy weight, low rep) or for endurance?

With the deadlift, were you going for strength (e.g. heavy weight, low rep) or for endurance?
I was in the 4-6 rep range but felt that strength was much more important (I am SHW anyway).
Thai boxing is significantly taxing enough, so training for muscular endurance additionaly was counter productive. I needed enough of a good warm up and tried to stay in a 5 set range too.

There never should be a 1 size fits all with carryover exercises. Everything should be tailored

Burpees are more work on a wrestling mat over rubber flooring. The bouncy foam uses more energy on the push-up and jump
I'm sure less impact on the joints as well. I'm currently doing burpees on carpeted concrete. Doesn't feel great but to get a sweat going there's little that gives as much bang for the buck.

I'm sure less impact on the joints as well. I'm currently doing burpees on carpeted concrete. Doesn't feel great but to get a sweat going there's little that gives as much bang for the buck.
Better on palms for sure and the mat is easier to clean (sanitize) than rubber groves. Great for working up a quick sweat. When doing a tabata at the end and can't remember whats next, just drop to floor and 20 seconds of burpees will get your heart pumping. Starts off with form and jumping high, by end it looks like a wavy arm inflatable guy losing air.

Would like to add Sleep. It carries over to all exercises.

Running on 5 hours of broken sleep for a month. Haven't made much progress on any lifts in weeks.

Back