Elections Experts call for a rigorous audit of California's recall election

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.kcra.com/article/experts-call-rigorous-audit-protect-california-recall/37468407

A group of election security experts on Thursday called for a rigorous audit of the upcoming California gubernatorial recall after copies of systems used to run elections across the country were released publicly.

Their letter sent to the secretary of state's office urges the state to conduct a type of post-election audit that can help detect malicious attempts to interfere.

The statewide recall targeting Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, set for Sept. 14, is the first election since copies of Dominion Voting Systems' election management system were distributed last month at an event organized by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ally of former President Donald Trump who has made unsubstantiated claims about last year's election. Election offices across 30 states use the Dominion system, including 40 counties in California.

Election security experts have said the breaches, from a county in Colorado and another in Michigan, pose a heightened risk to elections because the system is used for a number of administrative functions — from designing ballots and configuring voting machines to tallying results. In the letter, the experts said they do not have evidence that anyone plans to attempt a hack of the systems used in California and are not casting blame on Dominion.

"However, it is critical to recognize that the release of the Dominion software into the wild has increased the risk to the security of California elections to the point that emergency action is warranted," the experts wrote in their letter, which was shared with The Associated Press.

The eight experts signing the letter include computer scientists, election technology experts and cybersecurity researchers.

Jenna Dresner, a spokeswoman for Secretary of State Shirley Weber, said the 40 counties in California using Dominion employ a different version of the election management system that meets various state-specific requirements. She outlined numerous security measures in place to protect voting systems across the state. That includes regular testing for vulnerabilities, strict controls on who has access, physical security rules and pre-election testing to ensure that no part of the system has been modified.

"California has the strictest and most comprehensive voting system testing, use, and requirements in the country, and it was designed to withstand potential threats," Dresner said in a statement to the AP.

The security experts want California counties using Dominion's election management system to do what's known as a "risk-limiting audit," which essentially uses a statistical approach to ensure that the reported results match the actual votes cast. California also uses paper ballots, which makes it easier to verify results.

The letter said differences between the leaked Dominion software images and the versions used in California are relatively minor. The experts said thousands of people now have access to the underpinnings of Dominion's election management system, including some who may have access to voting equipment.

"That increases the risk of undetected outcome-changing cyber-attacks on California counties that use Dominion equipment and the risk of accusations of fraud and election manipulation which, without rigorous post-election auditing, would be impossible to disprove," the letter states.

The software is so secure that the MyPillowGuy simply releasing a copy of it has threatened the whole election. These experts warning of potential vulnerabilities in Dominion's software will hopefully be sued by Dominion.

Democrats will cheat to win. They think they have extra rights. I’m serious.

At times in the past, when republicans felt as though they had extra rights, they were more likely to cheat.

At times in the past, when republicans felt as though they had extra rights, they were more likely to cheat.

It's in the bag, bruh.

Don't mess with the four families of the NorCal cartel.

Fam.jpg

20210823-214733.jpg

L.A. County has already produced a massive "unexpected" Mail in Ballot flood. That's all I needed to know that the Democrats have this sewn up. I can't stand unrequested mail in ballots with no chain of custody.

How anyone wants to keep Newsom is insane. He's a despot. Elder would only be there for some months before the next election. It would be good for the state to be introduced to a second party.

https://www.kcra.com/article/experts-call-rigorous-audit-protect-california-recall/37468407

The software is so secure that the MyPillowGuy simply releasing a copy of it has threatened the whole election. These experts warning of potential vulnerabilities in Dominion's software will hopefully be sued by Dominion.

DId you even read the article? The "breaches" in the security of these systems were from idiot Republicans breaking the law in Michigan and Colorado to let unauthorized people access the secure system info. MyPillowGuy was just the nutjob that presented them at his dumpster fire of a conference. Those Republican election officials are the ones who are truly against secure elections.

I’ve said it many times before, this will be the new Republican game plan moving forward. Challenge important elections they think they should win. Muddy the waters at all times.

Sure they don’t understand they need actual votes to win, they want to steal elections any way they can.

Any election my team loses was obviously stolen. Trump Lickspittles are so soft they need to make up lies because they are too insecure to take an L.
Fuck Donny played you all for the fools you are but keep donating.
When did Americans become such gullible
Idiots?

That's just projection.

I won’t be happy until you can vote without any form of ID, collect random ballots from any mailbox without chain of custody, the ballots have easy visibility on the front to who was selected, and no audits of signatures or whether the person is dead or alive.

Only then will elections be secure… er,…PoC don’t have IDs or access to cement roads, or something like that.

I won’t be happy until you can vote without any form of ID, collect random ballots from any mailbox without chain of custody, the ballots have easy visibility on the front to who was selected, and no audits of signatures or whether the person is dead or alive.

Only then will elections be secure… er,…PoC don’t have IDs or access to cement roads, or something like that.
Must have your vaccine card . passport and negative PCR covid test but those poor blacks can't have ID's...

Must have your vaccine card . passport and negative PCR covid test but those poor blacks can't have ID's...
But that’s just in case they want to attend a sporting event, concert, restaurant, bar, grocery store, gym, get married, travel via plane, go to Disneyland or go to college. That shit isn’t important. Rather than help get this Democrat believed group IDs let’s just remove it from voting.

I’m Biden Joe she’s my husband approve message I do

do they not give you a privacy envelope? in washington they do seems like an easy fix for the holes in the evelope

But that’s just in case they want to attend a sporting event, concert, restaurant, bar, grocery store, gym, get married, travel via plane, go to Disneyland or go to college. That shit isn’t important. Rather than help get this Democrat believed group IDs let’s just remove it from voting.

I’m Biden Joe she’s my husband approve message I do
Exactly .. It's suspicious they should be all for everyone having a ID that will make peoples daily lives better. This isn't the 1980's you need ID for 99% of business

Homeless people have ID's ..

do they not give you a privacy envelope? in washington they do seems like an easy fix for the holes in the evelope
For the most part, but fortunately the recall mail-in ballot had intentional holes on them where you can see if the person voted yes on the recall before even opening the ballot.

According to the Dems the reason the holes make it easy for harvesters, er… I mean collectors is the following:

The holes serve two purposes: to help the vision impaired to sign the ballot envelope in private and to serve as a visual double check for election officials in the state’s 58 counties “so that they know the ballot has been extracted and not left inside an envelope uncounted,” Jenna Dresner, a spokesperson for the California Secretary of State, told us in an email.

For the most part, but fortunately the recall mail-in ballot had intentional holes on them where you can see if the person voted yes on the recall before even opening the ballot.

According to the Dems the reason the holes make it easy for harvesters, er… I mean collectors is the following:

The holes serve two purposes: to help the vision impaired to sign the ballot envelope in private and to serve as a visual double check for election officials in the state’s 58 counties “so that they know the ballot has been extracted and not left inside an envelope uncounted,” Jenna Dresner, a spokesperson for the California Secretary of State, told us in an email.
well sounds like an easy fix, ad a privacy envelope

Back