Elections Experts: False claims on voting machines obscure real flaws

@K1levelgrappler is arguing we deprive them of water while they are waiting in line in order to make voting more uncomfortable so only the most committed voters will stay. What about making it a crime to look at your phone while in line? That would likely get a lot of people to not show up to.

Or maybe making it illegal to hand out water in conjunction with making certain people wait ten times as long to vote will ensure only the whitest, excuse me "most committed" people will vote.

They're only "hackable" when Republicans or non-Democrats win. Then it's "Russian influence." But like, for real, seriously.

Otherwise, anyone who thinks a Democrat won unfairly is just a dumb, paranoid conspiracy theorists.

You are really going to hate this but your post reeks of someone who doesn’t understand their privilege. Not everyone has the comforts you do yet you expect them to be as well informed? Also, you forget there are legitimate morons with below average IQ. They still are allowed to vote.
There’s consequences to your actions. Sorry. If you show up and don’t have water, that’s on you. My 5 year old son knows to bring his thermos when we go out so he can drink
Privilege? Yeah, me being able to dress myself is privilege at this point

I am talking about handing out water
Why does it matter if some one hands out a water? Make sure voting doesn't take 4 hours and maybe people won't be thirsty cause they had to wait forever.

Why does it matter if some one hands out a water? Make sure voting doesn't take 4 hours and maybe people won't be thirsty cause they had to wait forever.
That’s a separate issue. And that’s honesty a thread on of itself.

There’s consequences to your actions. Sorry. If you show up and don’t have water, that’s on you. My 5 year old son knows to bring his thermos when we go out so he can drink
Privilege? Yeah, me being able to dress myself is privilege at this point

You are arguing against handing out water for people doing their patriotic duty. Think about that.

lefties 2016: elections can easily be hacked, more security is needed

lefties 2020: elections are perfectly safe

You are arguing against handing out water for people doing their patriotic duty. Think about that.
Because many people are swayed and it will become competitive in what and how basically people will be bribed. Tammany Hall and other places in the 1800s handed out all kinds of stuff to get people to vote for them. I’d rather not let anything be given out by political parties. It’s asking for abuse. And people can be prepared

I feel like if there was one thing the country could get behind is a unified federal election overhaul.

Put it on the blockchain. Have a voter ID card sent to every eligible citizen. Transparent and fair.

One side would fight this idea fiercely

Because many people are swayed and it will become competitive in what and how basically people will be bribed. Tammany Hall and other places in the 1800s handed out all kinds of stuff to get people to vote for them. I’d rather not let anything be given out by political parties. It’s asking for abuse. And people can be prepared

They aren’t handing out TVs. Also, they weren’t allowed to hand out water wearing any political message nor were they allowed to endorse any candidate. It was people giving other people water.

The GOP as they’ve already rejected to discuss this very issue when it was brought to the Senate in the last cycle.

Lol. Issue? The senate votes on bills dude.

Your party isn't even for Voter ID period

Lol. Issue? The senate votes on bills dude.

Your party isn't even for Voter ID period

democrat election security bill usually has nothing to do with election security, but more with useless government spending and money for lefty activism

Why don't they just not use electronic voting? Easy solution. Lawyers still write people letters even though it would be much easier to send them an email. Sometimes technology isn't necessarily better than the old way of doing things. The biggest benefit to only using paper ballots is that they are actually tangible and can be physically verified rather than trusting a computer system doesn't have an error or a vulnerability (which they are known to have).

What should be done about false conspiracy theories obscuring real flaws with voting machines? How about people stop spreading the false conspiracy theories?

Why don't they just not use electronic voting? Easy solution. Lawyers still write people letters even though it would be much easier to send them an email. Sometimes technology isn't necessarily better than the old way of doing things. The biggest benefit to only using paper ballots is that they are actually tangible and can be physically verified rather than trusting a computer system doesn't have an error or a vulnerability (which they are known to have).
This. Paper is probably the best alt with the least amount of chance of there being massive fraud. In Japan all the ballots are paper and are manually counted.

Back